Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Since Susan missed out on the Kennywood Park trip last week, we decided to go again yesterday.  Not many pictures to post, because Susan happened to be in the frame, and she looked like a cat after a bath, because we rode water rides early. They did have a new water ride that reopened, so we had to do that one. 

There was a line for it. 

IMG_8284.thumb.jpeg.d2c3b5018a3fa21c85c17453b0886651.jpeg

The raging rapids had rather small rafts, compared to some other parks. 

IMG_8283.thumb.jpeg.4301e6a816c85b268971db3043696152.jpeg

For those who don’t know, Kennywood was built in 1898.  Some of the rides are over 100 years old.  I found it interesting that the racer is one of three in the world built this way. 

IMG_8287.thumb.jpeg.ea301f8297fcc80fd843c3f5d43ee452.jpeg

• Like 19

We had both grandsons today.  Plans were to go boating, but I need to find time to work on it before it goes out again.  So we did lunch here. 

IMG_8298.thumb.jpeg.ff875968b22506dc83f9df4bda7dae1f.jpeg

And I always love their sandwiches. 

IMG_8299.thumb.jpeg.b49dde4524821cfdf197be6fc7f1d1e6.jpeg

Then we took the boys to the North Country Trail for a little hike

IMG_8305.thumb.jpeg.d55b835183979ccefb05bb632ee041ad.jpeg

And som impromptu building along the stream. 

IMG_8306.thumb.jpeg.26ddc41b8d902475c127582d18022113.jpeg

I think they need to enroll in a course on structural stability.  Don’t think this will last long.  

Tonight is an outdoor concert for us. 

• Like 21

9 hours ago, Arzeena said:

There was somebody on it, creating a milk drama ....the thread was something like..... .Lie is a Lie is  a Lie on the main RC board. Entertaining read, but may have been pulled down (?)

Yes, it was an entertaining thread to say the least.    Your suggestion for the OP to say something since it is a President's cruise seem to fall upon deaf ears.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Since Susan missed out on the Kennywood Park trip last week, we decided to go again yesterday.  Not many pictures to post, because Susan happened to be in the frame, and she looked like a cat after a bath, because we rode water rides early. They did have a new water ride that reopened, so we had to do that one. 

There was a line for it. 

For those who don’t know, Kennywood was built in 1898.  Some of the rides are over 100 years old.  I found it interesting that the racer is one of three in the world built this way. 

Glad to hear Susan is back at it with the summer activities. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

We had both grandsons today.  Plans were to go boating, but I need to find time to work on it before it goes out again.  So we did lunch here. 

IMG_8298.thumb.jpeg.ff875968b22506dc83f9df4bda7dae1f.jpeg

And I always love their sandwiches. 

IMG_8299.thumb.jpeg.b49dde4524821cfdf197be6fc7f1d1e6.jpeg

I miss Primantis, used to go each time we visited our daughter at Pitt.  There is a Pittsburgh Bar/Restaurant here that tries but it's definitely not the same.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

There was a line for it. 

😀  Been a long time since I’ve been to Kennywood.  Lots of memories there.  Is the Potato Patch still there?  Loved those french fries!! 

22 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

😀  Been a long time since I’ve been to Kennywood.  Lots of memories there.  Is the Potato Patch still there?  Loved those french fries!! 

Yes it is still there, although we got fries from some other spots.  

I seems like a few rides have been closed the couple times we were there this year. We plan to go back the second week of August, and take all the grandkids.  Will see if some of those same rides are still closed. It has been nice since the park has not been crowded.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

it’s happeninggggggg

IMG_0275.png

Safe travels.   As much as I have previously talked about going through Newark for European flights, I do hope you are connecting elsewhere based on recent issues.  

1 hour ago, dbancroft said:

Went to Maryland Live and got a nice surprise hopefully can do it again on Oasis.

jackpot.jpg

Congratulations!

Looks like you might have just paid for your cruise...and dining package....and maybe a few excursions as well.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, singinalot said:

we go through Dulles on departure ❤️ Many plans for that long layover

I had a 6 hr layover at Dulles en route to Rome once. Wasn’t fun but at least we had Rome and the Med to look forward to. Have a great trip and look forward to your pics as always!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

I have been meaning to ask you if you tried doing the smell training or not.  If you did, it doesn't seem to have helped you. 😞  I am still doing it but still have limited taste and even more limited smell.

Unfortunately, I was not a success either.  I ordered the kit you had mentioned and had high hopes. I could “smell” something, but nothing I could identify.  Didn’t improve from there.  As I tell my friends, I wouldn’t even wish this on my ex.  

So much enjoyment that we take for granted…coffee, toothpaste, garlic butter……. I’m a wine person and belong to several wine clubs.  I am in the process of cancelling them, because what is the point.

Sorry, pity party over.  It could be something worse.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1