Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

We went to Costco today and purchased 3 boxes of full-size candy bars. We don't need that much for our dozen or so trick or treaters. But we will have chocolate until Easter. ☺️

They also had 3 pack boxes of chocolate covered Macadamia nuts for $17.98. I might go back and get another one. I always seem to need small gifts (plus tip) for the nail salon, hair salon and just miscellaneous things. Plus! I really like chocolate covered macadamia nuts. 😄

• Like 5

We've been getting these all day. They are predicting very high winds with 40-60 mph. gusts. Any fires will be out of control. And this is at the SF Bay Area house. Warnings are good, but it is a little alarming.  

"This is an Alert from County. The National Weather Service has issued a Red Flag Warning for County from 10-28-2023 at 05:00 AM until 10-29-2023 at 05:00 PM.

• Review your household’s evacuation zone at ;XXXXX  Officials will use these zones if they need to share evacuation instructions.
  • Leave your phone turned on so you can be alerted, even if you are sleeping.
  • Make sure to plan at least two routes away from your neighborhood. 
  • Put your go-bag by the front door. "🤔

31 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Can’t remember…who is it that has the rental home that once had a difficult tenant who couldn’t find the can opener?

Snooze you lose.............someone all ready answered

Edited by Jimbo
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Didn’t want to do a “like.”  Keep safe.  That sounds really scary.

Thanks! It will be fine. I think they are just being overly cautious because the Oakland Hills fire was in October 1991, and because of what happened in Lahaina. ☺️

And if the house did catch fire, we wouldn't have to worry about the termite work and moving all of this stuff. <jk> 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Coralc said:

We went to Costco today and purchased 3 boxes of full-size candy bars. We don't need that much for our dozen or so trick or treaters. But we will have chocolate until Easter. ☺️

We picked up enough of the full size candy so we would have 500 pieces to distribute at our house and our daughter’s house.   This wasn’t all of it, because Sam’s Club didn’t have Swedish Fish..

IMG_6406.thumb.jpeg.187654525d9d459ff896bb9707ce5b3c.jpeg

We never have any leftover candy, because we tell some of the kids to come back at the end of trick or treat hours, and they get what is left.

• Like 7

43 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Beautiful!
What ship is this and what cabin #? (only if you don't mind sharing)

We are on Serenade out of Boston on a NE/Canada cruise. They do a short fall schedule from Boston every year. We are in 9260, which is a center aft facing balcony. We typically book corners but there were none available. Love the big balconies on the aft. 

• Like 5

Hardly any rain this summer here , but lots last couple of days flooding all over , my pool is almost filled to brim will pump some water out. Luckily Texas Rangers baseball stadium has a retractable roof , they one the first game yesterday in extra innings 😁😁, second game is today . 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Beautiful pictures. Thanks. Maine's rugged coastline is pretty spectacular.

We love this area. We are now waiting for the 10AM mail boat that goes to five of the harbor islands. It is a working mail ferry that also takes up to 400 passengers. Figured it is a cheap harbor cruise. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

We are on Serenade out of Boston on a NE/Canada cruise. They do a short fall schedule from Boston every year. We are in 9260, which is a center aft facing balcony. We typically book corners but there were none available. Love the big balconies on the aft. 

We have booked the Serenade Oct 2024 in aft balcony 8672 or 8072 (? I believe, will confirm # after checking reservation). Right under your balcony I think. I am so excited!

Have been on a similar middle aft balcony on the Jewel in the spring and loved it. Spent most of my time there.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, George C said:

Hardly any rain this summer here , but lots last couple of days flooding all over , my pool is almost filled to brim will pump some water out. Luckily Texas Rangers baseball stadium has a retractable roof , they one the first game yesterday in extra innings 😁😁, second game is today . 

Did George W throw the first ball?  Yes we're getting deluged with rain here.  Can't complain after all the sunny days we've had.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Tis the Season. @Sea Dog...Since last year kind of skipped over Christmas because our Kitchen remodel.

Have lots of trees this year!  Put up 8 trees yesterday. Only 2 so far are decorated. Will show all the trees again when all are decorated.

All the trees have some kind of theme. First 2 are 9 ft. Trees, others are all 7 1/2 ft. Except the last tree which is a table top tree about 3 ft.

Phillies Tree by ( Front door)

20231026_212420.jpg

Wilderness tree in (Kitchen)

20231026_212322.jpg

ButterFlies and Dragon Flies Tree (Sunroom)

20231026_212529.jpg

Seashell/Cruise Tree (Guest Bedroom)

20231026_212638.jpg

John Deere Tree (Guest Room/ Office)

20231026_212739.jpg

Twilight Tree  (Master Bedroom)

20231026_212919.jpg

Disney Tree (Downstairs In-Law Suite)

20231026_213416.jpg

Flocked Angel Tree (Bonus Room Overtop Garage)

20231026_213200.jpg

Jimbo, we don't have a flow-rider but I have some tractors you could drive.  

Do you want to head up and help set up our tress and take them down too?

• Haha 6

7 hours ago, h20skibum said:

We picked up enough of the full size candy so we would have 500 pieces to distribute at our house and our daughter’s house.   This wasn’t all of it, because Sam’s Club didn’t have Swedish Fish..

IMG_6406.thumb.jpeg.187654525d9d459ff896bb9707ce5b3c.jpeg

We never have any leftover candy, because we tell some of the kids to come back at the end of trick or treat hours, and they get what is left.

Damn, we spend $30 for chips and full sized chocolate bars at Walmart and we will get to keep half of it. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

6-1.

Awesome!

12 hours ago, Coralc said:

Thanks! It will be fine. I think they are just being overly cautious because the Oakland Hills fire was in October 1991, and because of what happened in Lahaina. ☺️

And if the house did catch fire, we wouldn't have to worry about the termite work and moving all of this stuff. <jk> 

Hope all will be well.  Stay safe!

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Beautiful pictures!

• Thanks 2

Jimbo your trees are lovely.  Wow that’s a lot of work!  I put a tree in every room too but they are ceramic or pre decorated and are table top size.  If I had to put up that many I’d start early too.

Dani, always good to hear from you!

We usually skip Halloween just because I always worked it so moms with young kids could have the evening off.  Maybe we’ll get some candy and turn on the lights this year.  It drives the dog nuts though with all the door bell ringing. TBD.  I wish we were north with the littles but we can’t go until the following week as we are dog sitting for our other daughter here. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 10/26/2023 at 9:45 PM, xpcdoojk said:

Yeah, Lennie, don’t trust people who call or email.  Look at your bank statement or credit card statement, or however you pay bills and if you believe you have paid, tell them to pound sand.  Then call the company you do business with and see if they are looking for their payment.  Regardless, don’t give anyone your bank account information etc.  If you can’t decide any of that it is time for someone to take over your finances.  

It saddens me when people fall victim to these evil people.

jc

I am very aware of the scams,thanks

On 10/26/2023 at 10:15 PM, BonTexasNY said:

Many great NYC posts in here,  Yours is tops!  

At one point in our lives, we looked at apartments in Forest Hills.  I remember one good one was at Yellowstone Blvd, I think near the tennis center.  For some reason we didn't take it but always loved that area.

You have my condolences. 

Thanks,Bonnie.His sister ,her children and 30 grandchildren live in Israel.He was very upset by what is happening there and he had a heart attack.