Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

I am excited.  My Christmas gift this year is getting my kitchen redone (work starting after the holidays).  This wall is opening up and the frig is getting pushed down. Not a huge change but it will make me smile while I cook.  

Resized_20231207_100733.thumb.jpeg.98de6e45abf399c6ed3a2f591ce683e5.jpeg

• Like 17

1 hour ago, NHProud said:

Well , I deleted it because I know not to push the envelope over the edge .  
Well , it is still there because you quoted it . I was referencing the debate last night which is a fight for survival . 

So, not  the Juan Soto trade from SD Padres to the NY Yankees? 😄

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

How was she feeling after hernia surgery? That’s next on my list.

She had a Spigelian hernia and is in lots of pain.

She was down at the operating theatre for 3 hours instead of the usual 1 hour and she was kept in hospital overnight.

They could not do Keyhole surgery on her.

Hopefully yours is much more straightforward Greg.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

She had a Spigelian hernia and is in lots of pain.

She was down at the operating theatre for 3 hours instead of the usual 1 hour and she was kept in hospital overnight.

They could not do Keyhole surgery on her.

Hopefully yours is much more straightforward Greg.

Thank you Graham. Tell her Sea dog wishes for her get better and soon be free of pain.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Happy Hanukkah to Dani,Bonnie and anyone else who celebrates the holiday.My immediate family will celebrate on Sunday and our annual cousins celebration will be Dec.24 because there are 8 who are in college who will not be home till that time period.

From here also

• Like 2

2 hours ago, derorim said:

He does have fond memories of that car.  He enjoyed adding modifications to it, and took it to the drag strip a time or two.  I believe he sold it around 2009.  He was involved in too many other projects to devote time to it, and decided it was time to move on.  

When I first moved into my neighborhood, there was a family with 4 kids - 2 boys & 2 girls - and parked in the driveway were 2 Buick Regal Grand Nationals and 2 Ford Mustang GT's. We called it the muscle car house.  We always heard when the kids were coming and going. 🙂

I think the Buick GN was limited production car - maybe 5,000 units per year - so the fact that 2 of them ended up on my block was a little amazing.  And who would have thought that Buick of all car brands would have the baddest muscle cars of the 80's?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank you Graham. Tell her Sea dog wishes for her get better and soon be free of pain.

Thank you Greg.

Pauline is going to her house and wrap her Christmas presents,put up her Christmas tree etc next week.

Her husband had a knee replacement and only been home for a week and he is in lots of pain.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 5

On 12/6/2023 at 9:05 AM, aussielozzie18 said:

Never a good sign when after making an online booking and the cruise line (Virgin Voyages) has taken full payment  from your bank account - you don’t get a confirmation email.  Instead,  you get “this is your last payment warning” email and “you need to pay xxx immediately”.  Spent  all day on hold trying to reach them via phone to no avail.  Stayed awake tonight  to call them at midnight my time and they could not  find the booking - despite repeatedly spelling my name, stating booking number & cabin number listed on warning notice. After 30mins of searching, they finally find the booking.  Phew!  

I hope things get better.

We just got off our 3rd VV cruise and they have all been great. Very different from other cruises. I'm sure it helps that our son and daughter in law both work for VV so they can eliminate any stress or concerns before we board.

Our son leaves for New Zealand in January to help with Resilient coming into port.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I believe Rory, M8 still views here but is still banned.

As a non-member you can view many forums, except for the member areas, roll calls etc… in the past I knew that he followed our adventures here. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

She also said that she needs to be thinking about her family....

I believe they both realize that if they were in a showmance they would be targets.Therefore,they are biding their time .My prediction is that either on the last episode or after the show ends they will be a couple.

4 hours ago, derorim said:

He does have fond memories of that car.  He enjoyed adding modifications to it, and took it to the drag strip a time or two.  I believe he sold it around 2009.  He was involved in too many other projects to devote time to it, and decided it was time to move on.  

I totally understand that.  Some cars come and go, and some stay longer.  It’s just a matter of time. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Happy Hanukkah to Dani,Bonnie and anyone else who celebrates the holiday.My immediate family will celebrate on Sunday and our annual cousins celebration will be Dec.24 because there are 8 who are in college who will not be home till that time period.

Happy Hanukkah to you Lenny, Dani, Bonnie and anyone else who celebrates.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

So, not  the Juan Soto trade from SD Padres to the NY Yankees? 😄

I am going to call Randy Levine to congratulate him and your Yankees on the trade.For all the teams,especially the Mets believing that they will get Soto when he becomes a free agent next year my thought is that if he likes being a Yankee he will let the team extend him after the season.

With the talk of being banned from CC.  What stops anyone from signing back up under a different email/username etc?   It’s been so long since first signing up I don’t know what info they require at sign up in order to weed out all these “bad eggs”  lol  😂  the whole notion of being banned from a cruise website seems pretty dumb.  

• Like 10

1 minute ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

With the talk of being banned from CC.  What stops anyone from signing back up under a different email/username etc?   It’s been so long since first signing up I don’t know what info they require at sign up in order to weed out all these “bad eggs”  lol  😂  the whole notion of being banned from a cruise website seems pretty dumb.  

Many have signed under new names but their IP address gives them away.  Some know how to get around that and change their posting habits to try to hide.  Doesn't work as well as some think it does.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Phew.  I think I've successfully tip toed around any posts that are Survivor related such that I still don't know who went home.  Micheline flies back here tomorrow and I'm waiting until she gets home before watching.  

Watching now with Lisa. 

image.thumb.jpg.d9bec152963d8330523e2f8b0a036fe8.jpg

• Like 4