Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

I am watching season 2 of Reacher on Prime.It supposedly is taking place in Brooklyn,Manhattan and Atlantic City but it was filmed in Canada.I know it is based on a book but I cannot understand why they cannot say they are in Canada.For instance there was a scene where the actors are at an intersection in Brooklyn but in reality those streets do not intersect.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Jessica feels great now that she has passed the 12 week point, thanks for asking Maryann.  We were very excited to learn recently that they are having a boy!  Both were convinced it was going to be another girl.  

Wonderful news!!!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

We made it through the night.  I was worried about the basement but all good so far🤞. Still raining but warm.  Now we are dealing with the blood pressure issue again.  Charlie felt weak and had stomach issues.  He took his pressure and it was so low.  It goes high then low, no rhyme or reason.  I guess I should be happy with a dry basement🥴

Give Charlie a big hug from me.   Here's one for you (((((((🍹)))))))

Hoping for an improvement soon🙏

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

This morning Nurse Toby gave me Gatorade to drink for the dizziness.

That is exactly what I do for Eric.  He tends to run dry from various meds.  So extra fluids definitely help him.   He gets tired of water but likes Gatorade or Powerade.  I usually buy the low or no sugar version.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We also had crazy weather here in SE PA.   On my way to work I saw downed trees and flooded roads.   Once I got to the office the calls starting coming in from employees trying to find out what roads were open.   Everyone made it safely.   Winds got worse as the day went on and temps have dropped by 25 or 30 degrees....thankful all well here.

I hope @reallyitsmema has power back on soon.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That is exactly what I do for Eric.  He tends to run dry from various meds.  So extra fluids definitely help him.   He gets tired of water but likes Gatorade or Powerade.  I usually buy the low or no sugar version.

We have both Gatorade and Powerade in the house.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am watching season 2 of Reacher on Prime.It supposedly is taking place in Brooklyn,Manhattan and Atlantic City but it was filmed in Canada.I know it is based on a book but I cannot understand why they cannot say they are in Canada.For instance there was a scene where the actors are at an intersection in Brooklyn but in reality those streets do not intersect.

They never say it is in Canada. I think Buffy, the Vampire Slayer was filmed in Canada, but it was supposed to be a US high school. 🙄 And Reacher is a US Veteran, he doesn't wander around Canada. LOL. ☺️

• Like 2

Finally home. Saw three cars in the ditch on the way down and 4 transports in the ditch on the way back. Looked like an episode of Heavy Rescue 401, to which the stretch we were on was feature quite frequently.  The normal 1:10 minute drive took 1:40.  Not too bad. 

We lost 3-1 as well. We finally scored on that team at least. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

On 12/16/2023 at 11:44 AM, dani negreanu said:

Thanks, Maryann. Today, we "celebrate" 10 weeks since the newest war in our region started.

In the last days, the number of air raids has diminished, and today we decided to "breath some air" and take the risk that an air raid will find us without a shelter....

Went for a barefoot walk on our local beach, taking advantage of the amazing weather for mid-December. There were even some brave souls in the water.

We came home safely. Some pictures ---

image.thumb.jpeg.3a712bd3d94271edb9b954978ef7c4d3.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.b79790acbe93af90b90e5f1c19b897a5.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.bcd61224a0c20a293e836ac8f5820240.jpeg

@dani negreanu It is so great to read that you were able to breathe some fresh air and take not only a ‘walk on the beach’ but a "barefoot” walk, which is much more therapeutic for your mind and soul. Hoping and praying 🙏🏼 that you will soon be taking carefree walks on the beach or wherever you want and whenever you wish!

❤️ Sue

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1