Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

You could always get a cabana at the Coco Beach Club. They are listed in my cruise planner for Odyssey in February for $2899.... as if that is going to happen. 

Funny man!  That is really not going to happen.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Not to make any more excuses but I also wasn’t wearing my glasses when I did those two posts.

Still I need to proofread.

Appliances used to last a long time not any more. I’ve been told to not expect more than t10 years on major appliances. My parents refrigerator lasted over 25 years.

We get insurance on the Fridge, Best Buy has a deal if it breaks and they can’t fix it in 30 days they give you a new one , got new fridge since ice maker had problems.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I know how that is.  I did not sleep well last night, went to therapy this morning and I to am exhausted.   I could hardly make it back to the car!  And now I have an eye appointment in an hour.   I am seeing double out of my right eye..... and no drinking!

I’m sorry to hear that. I hope it gets better John.

16 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I probably have the most typo's & grammar errors of anyone. No excuse, just lazy, don't proofread & sometimes don't even pay attention if I have the TV on or get interrupted mid-post.

Sometimes I'm embarrassed when I see my own mistakes long after it's too late to correct. Then again, sometimes it's fun to see if people can figure out what I meant.

I subscribe to the "It was hard to write so it should be hard to read" theory.

😃

I rush things and don’t take my time to proofread.

14 minutes ago, doghog said:

My brain or lack of is always thinking a lot faster than my two fingers can type. 

Ne too!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I'll let you know....later. 😉

My New Year Resolution was to stop making New Years Resolutions, which I guess I broke right away.   I wonder if that'll get me into the Guinness Book of World Records for fastest breaking of NY Resolutions.

I was going to make a resolution to stop bad habits but then I thought,  Nobody likes a quitter!

• Haha 15

2 minutes ago, George C said:

We get insurance on the Fridge, Best Buy has a deal if it breaks and they can’t fix it in 30 days they give you a new one , got new fridge since ice maker had problems.

We usually get extended warranties on all our appliances but with the dishwasher we didn’t this time. Our mistake.

• Like 1

On 1/1/2024 at 10:38 AM, Sunshine3601 said:

If you do decide to do the Clifton Heritage tour package.    It is a nice scenic ride as the park is at the other end of the island.    Our lunch included a choice of a fish or chicken dish and was very tasty.   We really loved this area and will definitely go back again.    

Do you know if they check your age to self guide snorkel?  The snorkel tour mentions the age range is 4-65 no exceptions so I am hesitating to book.  I don't feel that old sigh.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

We usually get extended warranties on all our appliances but with the dishwasher we didn’t this time. Our mistake.

We had a Bosch worked great for ten years we got new Bosch only because my wife wanted new appliances when we remodel kitchen. Fridge is only thing we get insurance on. 

• Like 1

We have one of those plans where they come out for a service charge and fix the appliance for free.  It’s been great a couple of times for the air conditioner units.  I asked the guy when he fixed my temp control on my oven which appliances he has less calls on.  He says Whirlpool is best.  LG, Samsung and Kitchen aide he works a lot on.  Of course I have builder grade LG.

Just kind of waiting for the dishwasher to go out as it’s been 11 years.  My washer and dryer are probably about 20 years old.  DH wanted to get me fancy new ones but I said no.  We will wait until they die and then I’m still getting basic stuff. I have a 40 year old freezer in garage that just keeps going.  My fridge is fancier but that’s the only thing I think is worth it. I have never used my convection oven setting but do use the warming drawer.

It’s always something. I have a friend with a new Bosch that she’s had nothing but trouble with.  You can also get a lemon.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

My May cruise goes to Cocoa Cay.  What I was thinking for that day is to go to the Chill Island section.  We just want a chair in the shade, access to food, drink, bathrooms and maybe some snorkeling.  Does this sound like the right area for that?

We usually go to whatever beach has the floating bar.  It occassionally moves.  We've seen it at both South Beach and whatever the beach is to the left of Coco Beach Club.  We'll swim/wade out there once, maybe twice for a drink.  It also makes for some interesting people watching.  Not a good idea though if you prefer a more natural view.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We usually go to whatever beach has the floating bar.  It occassionally moves.  We've seen it at both South Beach and whatever the beach is to the left of Coco Beach Club.  We'll swim/wade out there once, maybe twice for a drink.  It also makes for some interesting people watching.  Not a good idea though if you prefer a more natural view.  

I plop down on the side that faces the ship.

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

You could always get a cabana at the Coco Beach Club. They are listed in my cruise planner for Odyssey in February for $2899.... as if that is going to happen. 

That’s a bargain.  Look at our August prices. 

IMG_6583.thumb.jpeg.d693255b7926935afec208ec87d282e3.jpeg

• Haha 7

10 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

That’s a bargain.  Look at our August prices. 

IMG_6583.thumb.jpeg.d693255b7926935afec208ec87d282e3.jpeg

It must work for Royal, they keep charging those prices. Doing the same at Labadee.   

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

Just popping in to say WOOF

images.jpg.04885d23deceb5dae10d0c2c4f4e3712.jpg

Washington-Huskies-mascot.jpg

I was wondering??  You and David should make a friendly bourbon wager since he is Michigan all the way! 😉

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have a great Netflix Series to recommend.It’s one season ,8 episodes :

Fool Me Once with an unbelievable surprise ending.

Based on a Harlan Coben book?  Pretty sure I’ve read it.  Most of the tv adaptations of his books have been good 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

@Sea Dog hey Greg. How is Linda doing?  When is your hernia operation scheduled?

Don't overdo it with taking all of your decorations down 

Lindas doing better than me. Her pain has not been bad at all but then again her arm is in a sling and she’s not moving it any. She has her post op Thursday and should get the ok to start therapy which will be good.

Hernia is extremely uncomfortable and hurts. I don’t think it’s gotten to the point where I need emergency surgery but waiting another 6 weeks before I can have it fixed is weighing on me.

I’m frustrated only in that I’m hurting 24/7 with either my knee or groin. Life is not fun right now. I don’t want anyone to feel sorry for me. It is what it is and I will get better.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I’m a idiot. My mind is not with it today as I’m hurting. Going to be one of those days I think. I should go back to bed. Just got out of therapy and I’m exhausted and sore.

Sorry you are feeling rough Greg.   Back to bed & more rest sounds good

• Like 2