Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Well dang, I won't complain about our rainy cool temps down here.  Although it's supposed to warm up today before getting cool again tomorrow.

How is your Mom, Andrew?

Many thanks for asking.

She Is still in the hospital.  Her blood pressure has been all over the map, so they are keeping her for one more night.  Hopefully tomorrow is the day. I just got home from visiting her. 

• Like 12

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

Many thanks for asking.

She Is still in the hospital.  Her blood pressure has been all over the map, so they are keeping her for one more night.  Hopefully tomorrow is the day. I just got home from visiting her. 

Post op BP issues are not that uncommon. They typically stabilize.

• Like 5

Just now, DaniDanielle said:

Just came back from mammogram.  All I can say is men must have a tough time getting one!  Not a fun start to the day😳

I'll take your word on that one. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Post op BP issues are not that uncommon. They typically stabilize.

Last hip they sent her out in 24 hours.  We reflected upon it today, and we believe it was an issue in July 2022 but once out of hospital it tracked.  Today it varied from 88/52, to 90/53 and 102/63. They want to see it stabilize before sending her on her way, and I’m good with that.

Mobility wise, she is doing as expected but she gets winded easily because of the blood pressure swing. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Just came back from mammogram.  All I can say is men must have a tough time getting one!  Not a fun start to the day😳

Last mammogram I had the radiologist noted “possible rupture of implant.”  Well, if so, I know what is to blame!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

8 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Yes, first sailing was December 29th, My neighbors are on the 3rd sailing in a Category H4

H4The Haven Aft-Facing Owner's Suite With Master Bedroom & Large BalconyThese Suites feature access to The Haven amenities, master bedroom with king-size bed, aft-facing balcony with hot tub. Indulge in luxury and pamper yourself in The Haven with spacious accommodations, 24-hour butler and concierge service, and awe-inspiring views from your large, aft-facing balcony. Accommodates: 2-4. Total Approx. Size: 974-994 sq. ft. Balcony Size: 527-535 sq. ft

image.png.b631d181200fce385fb245010b5c200e.png

When NCL introduced the Haven is when we were priced out of their suites.  Headed over to royal and never looked back.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Day one and so far so good.  I was gone most of the day at the refuge so I missed the noise and mess.

Resized_20240115_113357.thumb.jpeg.dceaca6f264b4c96ddae7407ab653f8f.jpeg

It looks promising already.  Love the new view of the TV from the kitchen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

I hear ya.  I've had my beard since 1992.  In all that time, I shaved it off once.  And it couldn't grow back fast enough.

I've had my beard & mustache since 1987, never shaved it off once. Not even sure I remember how to shave, I'd probably end up cutting my jugular. 😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

@Sea Dog My two cents-

You look younger without the mustache,however,it does compliment your name of SeaDog.

As long as you and your wife like the ‘stash,that’s all that matters. 
My DH has had a mustache for years. It goes with his face,or maybe I am used to it for all these years.

Recently,he decided to grow a beard !!! I think it makes him look much older as it is all white. Hoping he decides to shave it off one of these days. 

@Keksie It looks like the kitchen reno will open up the area to the living room. Looks good. I am always interested in renovations and decorating done to people’s homes. Hope the work continues to go as planned and that you are pleased with the final results.

@lenquixote66 Glad that you finally got a Mickey Mouse tee shirt !

My DH has worn a gold Mickey Mouse watch for years. Mickey is very subtle on the watch face,a small image near the numeral 6. It is a prized possession for him. Reminds him to be young at heart !

As for the Playoff Games  so far- Chiefs had a tough game -weather wise. Playing in those temps showed their tenacity.

Glad the Packers won- a young team coming together with Love playing great..

Also glad for the Lions’ win - always cheer for the underdog. It was their first Playoff Game win  in decades.

Hoping the Bills hold on to their lead tonight. Another freezing cold game,but it’s January in Buffalo.

It will be interesting who wins the Bucs’ Eagles’game later tonight.

It seems that football and the weather are giving a lot of people something to talk about!

Stay safe and warm everyone!

MJ🙎🏻‍♀️

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Just a question for the gentlemen on this board who have beards. Do you trim your beard at home with a beard trimmer or go to a barber for regular trims?

Asking for a friend.- my DH.

He had it trimmed once so far and is thinking about getting a trimmer to take care of his beard by himself.

Thanks for any advice.

MJ🙎🏻‍♀️

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I've had my beard & mustache since 1987, never shaved it off once. Not even sure I remember how to shave, I'd probably end up cutting my jugular. 😀

I have had my beard since 1978. Shaved it off once, but my wife wanted me to grow it back asap.

It turned gray when I was 30.  That was the year my first child was born.  I think there may be some correlation. 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

13 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

Just a question for the gentlemen on this board who have beards. Do you trim your beard at home with a beard trimmer or go to a barber for regular trims?

He had it trimmed once so far and is thinking about getting a trimmer to take care of his beard by himself.

Thanks for any advice.

MJ🙎🏻‍♀️

I keep a very light beard and trim myself

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

Thanks for any advice.

MJ🙎🏻‍♀️

I use a trimmer at home for my beard. The one I use is made by Wahl.

Little known fact.  I entered the Wahl “Man of the Year” contest in 2010 in their search for the best beard in the US.  I won the Pittsburgh region and advanced to the national competition with 11 other individuals. 

Sadly, I didn’t win the Grand Prize, but did win First.

IMG_6611.thumb.jpeg.c5b0f6bd1c2efcf12d69b0fb8c9968a2.jpeg

• Like 12

10 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

Thanks for any advice.

MJ🙎🏻‍♀️

I trim it myself at home. Once a week, it's super easy and only takes a few minutes. Any mid-priced, name brand beard trimmer kit will do. I've used them all - Braun, Wahl, Norelco, Remington.  I'm pretty sure all but the cheapest models come with self-sharpening blades & don't need to be oiled regularly. At least. not the ones I bought in the last 20 or so years. The only thing I really look for is the ability to run both with and without a cord as I hate it when my rechargeable trimmer runs out of juice suddenly mid-trim. I can just plug it in & continue on my way. Although most models now have a quick charge feature that gives you a 50% charge in a minute or two to allow you to finish. I guess for safety reasons, corded trimmers are becoming more rare.

And I user a electric razor for the areas around the beard.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

Day one and so far so good.  I was gone most of the day at the refuge so I missed the noise and mess.

Resized_20240115_113357.thumb.jpeg.dceaca6f264b4c96ddae7407ab653f8f.jpeg

Smart move, Karen. I'm planning on being out of the house when we get our new roofs done in May.  House roof, apartment roof, garage roof, and 3 Seasons roof 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

It turned gray when I was 30.  That was the year my first child was born.  I think there may be some correlation. 🤔

In the past few years, some gray has intruded in my beard. At first it was just a patch here and there but now seems more evenly distributed.  Friends & family have told me the "salt & pepper" look fits me. I'm still trying to figure out if that's a compliment or not. 🤔

• Haha 8