Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

14 hours ago, dbancroft said:

While we were on Anthem sailing 2-9-24 we got word that our daughter's house mate (she rents a room from him) passed away. He was on a church group hike and passed out we think heart but no word yet. Friend of the family for 20 years and he was only 38. 

I'm so sorry to hear your sad news Dawn.

Such a young age.

Condolences to his family and friends.

healingpurrspawty.gif

• Like 2

We got back Saturday night and I have been going nonstop since.  This is, really, my first opportunity to post.

Here is a little cabin tour video I took while on Adventure.

I know a couple express concerns about the potential obstruction I would have being on the 6th deck but it wasn't terrible.  It was really peaceful back there and DW spent quite a bit of time on our deck quietly reading.  

I'd happily have the cabin again for the right price.

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

We got back Saturday night and I have been going nonstop since.  This is, really, my first opportunity to post.

I know a couple express concerns about the potential obstruction I would have being on the 6th deck but it wasn't terrible.  It was really peaceful back there and DW spent quite a bit of time on our deck quietly reading.  

Very nice , more closet space than grand suite 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Isn't that a junior suite?

1 hour ago, mo&fran said:

Isn't that a junior suite?

Yes it is,  it is our first JS.  We are usually OVB people but got this on a low Royal Up bid...  We've had a couple of OV Panoramic suites before and CLS.  This is a nice room.  It doesn't come with all the suite perks but is still a nice little upgrade all things considered. 

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Yes it is,  it is our first JS.  We are usually OVB people but got this on a low Royal Up bid...  We've had a couple of OV Panoramic suites before and CLS.  This is a nice room.  It doesn't come with all the suite perks but is still a nice little upgrade all things considered. 

Looks very nice. 

• Like 1

Traveled to my old hometown today, and we met my sister and her husband for lunch.  I think if I lived there, I would be at this place every day.  

They have about 15 different craft beers, but I wanted something different today. Started off with a nice margarita.  

IMG_0697.thumb.jpeg.373fd1adaeb33b131c891bbbe519d800.jpeg

Actually, all their drink prices were pretty reasonable.  

IMG_0699.thumb.jpeg.7570c3d7070c60e72c3b90ceb9eb6dd8.jpeg

And, I couldn’t believe how cheap their lunch specials were.  A half Cuban sandwich with your choice of sides (I picked homemade chips) for $7.

IMG_0698.thumb.jpeg.b4b3c3e36f2a19b3ffa6d643714d7eb5.jpeg

Good food and drink. 

• Like 21

32 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Who is watching Deal or No Deal Island ? It is not the greatest of Reality shows but one of the cast members graduated from the same college as me .Therefore,I am rooting for that person and one other.

I recorded it after seeing you mentioned it before but I haven't watched it yet.   I saw that they were playing it again this week but it looks like a replay of the 1st.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Here are pics from yesterday.  Kenzie slept over 😴 Sunday night. 

S

20240226_104239.thumb.jpg.62195e8748546f2f7e26d2121c4f9b1b.jpg

Somebody was in a silly mood!  Thanks for sharing Kenzie with us, John! 

Glad you had a warm day today!😉

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Here are pics from yesterday.  Kenzie slept over 😴 Sunday night. 

20240226_104234.thumb.jpg.e9acee0733a0b0a96997cc780cb525c4.jpg

20240226_104239.thumb.jpg.62195e8748546f2f7e26d2121c4f9b1b.jpg

I love her expressions not to mention she is always dressed like a fashionista. John, Thank you for sharing. My thoughts and prayers are with you.  Cheers to milkshakes!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I love these overly dramatic headlines. LOL. This would be a warning for the other house, not the one in the Bay Area. We will watch it on the cameras, and maybe post photos!

In other news, I packed an extra-large U-Haul box today. And realized that I should have purchased more medium and large boxes. The extra-large are way too heavy, even for movers. I have never actually packed a house to move before. 🙄 Pretty much mom's has just been trash, donate, donate. 

"Crippling Blizzard' For Sierra As 10 Feet Of Snow Forecast" 🙄

• Like 8

I have lived in this same house since I was 12. I am 65 now. It has been interesting to see what we have come across, but it has been slowing down the process. Some things, have value, because I was very careful with my toys.

I remember my mom holding on to her LIFE magazines. While I really wanted to hold on to my comic books, from the early 60's and early 70's. In 1998, a software program came out that allowed me to inventory them, and I bagged, informally graded, and put them on acid free boards. And stored them in a file cabinet. They were worth about (there are about 691 of them) $3000 then. I am curious if I can find a comic store buyer or send them to an auction house (more work) to see what they are worth now. ☺️ Sorry, off topic sort of, but it has been on my mind, as we prepare for a major move.

• Like 16

4 minutes ago, Coralc said:

I am curious if I can find a comic store buyer or send them to an auction house (more work) to see what they are worth now.

I'm sure they are worth a lot. People will pay big bucks for those. I'm sure you can find the right person to have them sold. Just make sure they don't take too large of a cut.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I'm sure they are worth a lot. People will pay big bucks for those. I'm sure you can find the right person to have them sold. Just make sure they don't take too large of a cut.

Thanks Greg. I am terrible at selling things. At this point, around $3000 would be acceptable, even if that was the value from (1998) 25 years ago. The software had plans to update, but they went out of business. I look at so many things that we don't want to have to move with. I might keep the file cabinet, though. ☺️

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Coralc said:

I love these overly dramatic headlines. LOL. This would be a warning for the other house, not the one in the Bay Area. We will watch it on the cameras, and maybe post photos!

In other news, I packed an extra-large U-Haul box today. And realized that I should have purchased more medium and large boxes. The extra-large are way too heavy, even for movers. I have never actually packed a house to move before. 🙄 Pretty much mom's has just been trash, donate, donate. 

"Crippling Blizzard' For Sierra As 10 Feet Of Snow Forecast" 🙄

I don’t know if you are on fb but community pages always have posts about packing boxes. People who have just moved in and want to give theirs away free….

Same with your comics.  Might be a group online that can recommend you someone reputable and how much you should expect 

• Like 5

Good morning.

It is sunny and 39°F here.

We are having a lazy day at home today watching TV.

My favourite is the home buying program abroad

A Place in the Sun.

Orlando Florida or Southern Spain are my favourite places.

I hope everyone is safe and well and y'all have a wonderful day.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1