Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Rrrrrrrrrr you kidding me?

That would be cool.  RC should consider having a class.

Especially on National Talk Like a Pirate Day which this year is on September 19th.

29 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Well my heritage is 100% Cornish and they were famous for wreckers and smuggling in past centuries so.........

I wish I had a pirate heritage.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

During the first few days of January 2022 the mother in law of one of my nephews passed away and a few days later Toby’s best friend passed away.

I was hoping and praying that his year would start out better but it was not to be.The brother in law of one of our dearest friends passed away .He had Leukemia and Alzheimer’s .Toby and I knew him since 1968.This came to be a few days after me finding out that my CC friend rkacruiser died which is still difficult for me to believe.

I feel so sorry for you and Toby Lenny for the loss of your friends.

Please pass on our condolences to their families.

Graham.

• Like 4

On 12/26/2022 at 12:00 PM, Sea Dog said:

A Very Merry Sea Dog Christmas

…I made out ok with my new Tommy Bahama shirt for the Bella Cruise.

IMG_0373.thumb.jpeg.c3e509355c2b028371d99d674ef662ca.jpeg

That was one of the shirts I posted that we found in Hawaii. Mikes favorites were that one and the one with the life ring. He went with the life ring.

20221010_111558.thumb.jpg.82a8ab9a7b80d8b732edd711cdf3eab3.jpg

On 12/26/2022 at 5:30 PM, mo&fran said:

WE  will be on Harmony the 21st. B2b for the next week.

We missed each other last time. Maybe we will run across each other this time.

On 12/29/2022 at 2:57 PM, Ocean Boy said:

What is the cost of an air tag and can I use it with an android phone?

We use the ones for the android and Mike likes them, but aren’t called air tags.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ReneeFLL said:

That was one of the shirts I posted that we found in Hawaii. Mikes favorites were that one and the one with the life ring. He went with the life ring.

We missed each other last time. Maybe we will run across each other this time.

We use the ones for the android and Mike likes them.

We typically have our happy hour drinks at the Pub about 500. I have a blue rollator.

1 minute ago, mo&fran said:

We typically have our happy hour drinks at the Pub about 500. I have a blue rollator.

I know I looked for you before and I’ll look again. We normally don’t go to the Pub, but since there isn’t a Champagne Bar on the Harmony we need to find another place to drink. 😀  I’m sure we will see you this time.

• Like 1

Just now, ReneeFLL said:

I know I looked for you before and I’ll look again. We normally don’t go to the Pub, but since there isn’t a Champagne Bar on the Harmony we need to find another place to drink. 😀  I’m sure we will see you this time.

The problem with the pub, at least when entertainment is in there, is I find it too loud to gave a comfortable conversation. Afternoon or early evening might be ok.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

20221010_111558.thumb.jpg.82a8ab9a7b80d8b732edd711cdf3eab3.jpg

That's the next one I want to get. I love their stuff even though I wish their stuff was not as expensive.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

The problem with the pub, at least when entertainment is in there, is I find it too loud to gave a comfortable conversation. Afternoon or early evening might be ok.

We go before the music, and sit outside.Or at least we try.

Edited by mo&fran
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I wish I had a pirate heritage.

Look at it this way, you can start the pirate heritage to pass down to later generations.

First Generation Pirate. The OG Sea Dog.😉

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 1/2/2023 at 9:49 AM, Jimbo said:

So here is the Fireplace with the 2 different size mirrors

20230102_104317.jpg

20230101_150224.jpg

I might be a little late to the party but the bigger mirror is better.

The small mirror looks like an afterthought, it's too bright and because the eye is drawn to the mirror first, it acts as the focal point of the area. 

The larger mirror works because it makes the entire fireplace area a complete unit.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, helen haywood said:

We’re starting off trying to sort out getting new driver’s licenses, car tags and homestead exemption.  Problem is the legal verbiage on the websites is maddeningly confusing.  DH interprets it one way.  I, of course, another.

Anything that I, or any of the other Florida residents here, can help with?  We went through that same process 2 years ago.  I'm guessing that your question is related to the homestead exemption as we found that confusing.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Jimbo said:

We have been to Bermuda before, did go to one of the beaches and saw the pink fine sand. We also did Hartley's Underwater Seawalk  one year there too. Have been to Frog and Onion and Hamilton.........Never have used the bus or ferry service there so we never did make it down to the St. George end of the island.

We aren't sailing on Vision or Liberty. Sailing to Bermuda out of Florida on Mariner. We have never been on that ship. Have been on Vision once and Liberty 2 or 3 times.

We ‘re sailing on that cruise Sept 29. It’s been a lot of years since we’ve been on Mariner. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, brillohead said:

I was a hockey mom before I was a nurse, and the DJ at my second wedding had actually survived this back in the 80s due to a hockey puck.  

When I heard that they were doing CPR on him in the field, this was the first thing that popped in my head.  It's just one of those "one in a million" timing things, so while it's not exactly common, it's not exactly rare, either.

My 60 year old daughter was maybe 10 when she was hit by a puck. Our tickets were behind the goalie, and the puck flew right over the net and up to our seats on the rail. 
It hit her so hard she was knocked backwards and then forward and almost pitched over the rail. The man behind her grabbed her. 
She was ok. She has a bump where her collarbone was fractured and she had a horrendous bruise. 
If it had hit her a little lower, she could have had her heart stopped. 
Some are lucky, some aren’t. 
Because Hamlin was where he was when it happened, his chances are hopefully really good for surviving without permanent damage. 
No one has mentioned if there’s more of a chance of heart problems, but I’m assuming his playing time is over. 
I’m anxiously waiting to hear he’s out of the woods with no after effects. 

• Like 13

Lenny- Hoping that you are feeling physically better today and that your symptoms were less today.

It seems that those of us who are blessed with older age bear the loss of family and friends who pass from our lives and hearts. Your friend must have had a difficult journey dealing with leukemia and Alzheimer’s. He is suffering no more.

Wishing you a full recovery soon and healing hearts for you and your dear Toby.

MJ💐

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

I might be a little late to the party but the bigger mirror is better.

The small mirror looks like an afterthought, it's too bright and because the eye is drawn to the mirror first, it acts as the focal point of the area. 

The larger mirror works because it makes the entire fireplace area a complete unit.

We agree too,we are sticking with the larger mirror.

Getting close now finally got power to the 2 pendant lights.

The countertops are suppose to be installed this Friday.

After that install all appliances and the sink and we will be very close in getting our kitchen back

Resized_20230104_173155.jpeg

• Like 18

Jagsfan - Mimi and Jimbo- You have  gotten my attention regarding a cruise to Bermuda from Florida.

Can you give me some info about these cruises?

Where do they sail from in Fl and how long are the cruises? Do they include other ports?

We have sailed on Celebrity from Bayonne to Bermuda and enjoyed those cruises, but they sail mostly in the Summer months. I looked at RCCL to Bermuda from Bayonne, but they seem to be only five day cruises.

Since we sometimes visit FL in the Fall, I was thinking a cruise similar to the ones you posted about may be good for us.

Thank you !

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

During the first few days of January 2022 the mother in law of one of my nephews passed away and a few days later Toby’s best friend passed away.

I was hoping and praying that his year would start out better but it was not to be.The brother in law of one of our dearest friends passed away .He had Leukemia and Alzheimer’s .Toby and I knew him since 1968.This came to be a few days after me finding out that my CC friend rkacruiser died which is still difficult for me to believe.

Sorry for you losses.  May they Rest in Peace🙏

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

We ‘re sailing on that cruise Sept 29. It’s been a lot of years since we’ve been on Mariner. 

Our itinerary is a little different then yours. Ours arrives In Bermuda on Sunday at 3pm and leaves on Tuesday 3pm.(48 hours) Yours arrives on Monday at 3pm and leaves on Tuesday at 3pm.(24 hours)

Most likely though lots of places in Bermuda on Sunday will be closed in less some stay open because a cruise ship is overnighting. Probably not know until we get there.

Edited by Jimbo