Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Wait a minute. Are these the people that did a resort renovation on one of the Bahama islands? The show was on HGTV.

That’s the series. The resort is soon reopening in the episode, after the first wave of Covid. Hard to not want to go. 

They still have work to do. 

Edited by A&L_Ont

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Seriously though, have you tried it?

And when you say butter, do you really mean margarine?

Seriously (ha). Your favorite word. 

I have not tried it unless unknowingly in a restaurant. 

I don't mean margarine. I only had margarine when my mother needed to save money with six kids or due to the "alleged" health benefits for a few years.

Butter all the way. I love butter. Every day on waffles for breakfast. I run a lot so I eat what I want. 😉

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

So what is Brian's Island?

Don't worry about it. It is a 'reality ' TV show about a couple who buys a run down resort an the Bahamas and fixes it up. He is a well known (for Canada) TV contractor and she is a designer. 

They both do advertising for Canada's largest bank and I suspect the big bank financed the show . I highly doubt they lost any money due to Hurricanes or Covid. 

Sit back and enjoy the "reality".

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Depends on the napkin. Cheap ones fall apart, stick to your fingers, and make a mess. Better off waiting. 

Can’t disagree with more beer being good, and it’s the only thing to drink with wings. It just won’t get rid of the hot taste well. I’m more of a Duff’s guy (especially the original on Sheridan Drive) than Anchor Bar, but a lot of smaller places have popped up that many people prefer over either. 

My mustache doesn't look good colored orange and you suck your fingers before wiping them with a napkin. For me, drinking beer has nothing to do with cooling down the spicy sauce on the wings.  That's what the blue cheese is for. 😉🍻

• Like 3

4 hours ago, George C said:

Found a better place than anchor, Bar-Bill in a small town called east aurora a few miles from Buffalo, we have been going there for a few years, during a pregame show the Buffalo Bills QB said it was his favorite place, it was really crowded before now it must be worse, but great wings and beef on wick.

I'll have to take your word on that. The last time I was in Western NY was in 1962. Long before Buffalo Wings craze.  😉

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Watching the first episode of season three, Island of Bryan.  It so makes me miss the Caribbean. 

The previous  episodes  were titled Renovation  Island here in US.

Hopefully  it will be broadcast  here soon. I've  been  watching  all Brian's series   since I caught  some episodes  of Disaster  DIY   when I  was  vacationing  in Canada  years  ago. He is very entertaining!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I add hot peppers to mine, kicks it up a bit...I’m with Lisa on the ketchup and definitely butter. 

Peppers sound good. If I was to add anything it would be ketchup. I like ketchup on a lot of things. 😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I worked outside today and Lisa and Owen just hung out at home.  Today was the first day of home schooling for Owen again, as we are into another lockdown until mid-May. I burned two fire piles from spring clean up as the grass in now green and the wind was low. Chance of snow tomorrow night and Wednesday, so I figured I better get at it. 

7533B338-9A2F-4A05-8348-892DB7B97B9C.thumb.jpeg.9b17579ee75fcf042fda52fe23321779.jpeg

It always amazes me how fast and how green the grass gets after being under so much snow.

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

I'll have to take your word on that. The last time I was in Western NY was in 1962. Long before Buffalo Wings craze.  😉

DH was in Syracuse U. during that time and wings were a big thing there.

Edited by ReneeFLL

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

Sounds like you need to visit it again, love the area food and drink is extremely good and cheap. I never lived there but visited there a lot and got married there 30 years ago, always like view from Niagara Falls.

• Like 2

I don't think I've really mentioned it on here, but one of my hobbies is orchids. I usually take pictures, but don't post them so I thought I would. This species is dendrobium chrysotoxum. Sorry for the blurry pictures.

Screenshot_20210419-220122_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210419-220007_Gallery.jpg

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 12

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

Oops, I read your 1962 as 1982 when I commented before about the wings. 🙂

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

Butter. Kraft Deli Deluxe cheese. And we add thin sliced Oscar Mayer ham lunchmeat to ours. Mayo (any sort of jelly!) sounds a little....unpleasant? :classic_biggrin::classic_tongue::classic_biggrin:

Mayo is just fat. It burns off and makes a golden crust. 

It's like covering a roast in yellow mustard before you grill it