Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 minute ago, DaniDanielle said:

The kids were planning a big thing before COVID hit, so we decided to go with a family only celebration.  There are 15 of us so big enough plus our priest friend is going to bless us, which we need!!!

That sounds wonderful, Marietta.  Happy Anniversary to both of you!  Lets hope we can buy both of you a drink to celebrate on Anthem in the near future! 🙂 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Pebble Beach Review, Saturday.

We woke and hit Starbucks before we headed off to another presentation with Jay Leno and Donald Osborne.  We have been fortunate enough to tour Leno’s garage the year previously. We were toured by a long time friend, who knew him from his first days in California.  Jay wasn’t there that day and again this day we didn’t get to say hi.  Still a very great presentation and helped to fill the back story for his love of automobiles. 

45E23CDF-47F6-4F16-BBA4-4217C92E7C5C.thumb.jpeg.b72f384ac88ec48771741b8c160411d0.jpeg

I did have a quick chat with John Lassiter of Pixar fame and again Sunday on the Concours the fairway. He wasn’t really hiding in his Cars shirt, but he blended in with all in the crowd. 

3188639F-62E8-4D70-91F5-7039AF382238.thumb.jpeg.5b9df8f517d11985aaf1d0c1b6a05d7c.jpeg

I love Donald Osborne on the leno car show-so funny and cool and knowledgeable.

3 hours ago, island lady said:

LOL...yes he was...but he gets a kick out of it.  😉  

Turkeys ended up getting sprayed with the hose awhile back.  They were getting way too aggressive and actually chasing off the deer and everything else.  Their "deposits" were gross.  Kind of like stinky, sticky, black tar.  The Deer poopies are much easier picked up...think Bunny raisins.  😛

Soo..they got the message and don't come here any longer...otherwise...it may have been wild turkey on my plate.  🤪

omg omg that must be what is in my side yard. Perching on my fence and sh.....g next to the fence. I have seen a few wild turkeys around but shocked to be that close to the house. A friend said they sleep in trees at night.

Lots of trees here. So now another thing for me to worry about.

House we wanted in Estero now is under contract and bidding starts tonight.

Nothing in Bonita now.

Simply have to fly down to FL with a boat load of money and mortgage papers and drive around till we see something that would work.

As my wits end to get out of here. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

It just started raining really hard here, which for some reason gave me a flashback to when I was young.  Families in my neighborhood would sit in their garage, on lawn chairs, and watch the rain.  You could see other families across the street.  Occasionally, the kids would run out in the downpour and get soaked.  Anyone else do this when they were young?   

When I was young it made no difference if it was sunny or rainy .We would play in the rain,get soaked and never got sick.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, island lady said:

He did.  He was was another entity years ago, until most of us figured out he "reinvented" himself.   That is why many of us call him "Troy".  😄 

There are actually a few on these boards that do that...but does not take long to figure out who they were originally.  😉 

Me...I should reinvent myself from "Island Lady" to "Swamp Lady"....but not ready to do that yet, and no need to at this point. 😁

My wife and I met a guy on a cruise a few years ago who told us that he returned with a new identity .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, island lady said:

LOL...yes he was...but he gets a kick out of it.  😉  

Turkeys ended up getting sprayed with the hose awhile back.  They were getting way too aggressive and actually chasing off the deer and everything else.  Their "deposits" were gross.  Kind of like stinky, sticky, black tar.  The Deer poopies are much easier picked up...think Bunny raisins.  😛

Soo..they got the message and don't come here any longer...otherwise...it may have been wild turkey on my plate.  🤪

We have wild turkeys here. One summer I had a flock, or whatever a bunch of them are called, living around my backyard. They destroyed the lawn in the back with their scratching and digging. But since they had babies I couldn't bring myself to disturb them. Fortunately, they stayed around my yard for only one summer. Maybe the coyotes fixed the problem.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, George C said:

Love oysters Rockefeller, my favorite Italian restaurant had that recently as a special. 

I miss them at Chops. 

57 minutes ago, vettprincess said:

I love Donald Osborne on the leno car show-so funny and cool and knowledgeable.

They are a great combo, on TV and at Pebble.  

Edited by A&L_Ont

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

It just started raining really hard here, which for some reason gave me a flashback to when I was young.  Families in my neighborhood would sit in their garage, on lawn chairs, and watch the rain.  You could see other families across the street.  Occasionally, the kids would run out in the downpour and get soaked.  Anyone else do this when they were young?   

Yes, my family had a shore house that I lived at from time school ended in mid June to labor day weekend.   We used to run around, play ball, as well as try to ride our bikes as fast we could thinking we would beat out the rain.    And our parents and my grandparents would be sitting on the covered front porch or the rear deck watching us.     I forgot all about that till you asked.     That is a fun memory.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

The kids were planning a big thing before COVID hit, so we decided to go with a family only celebration.  There are 15 of us so big enough plus our priest friend is going to bless us, which we need!!!

It's mini Vegas, you might have to go back to confession😇

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

We have wild turkeys here. One summer I had a flock, or whatever a bunch of them are called, living around my backyard. They destroyed the lawn in the back with their scratching and digging. But since they had babies I couldn't bring myself to disturb them. Fortunately, they stayed around my yard for only one summer. Maybe the coyotes fixed the problem.

We have geese where I live .They walk on the roads,the grass ,on peoples lawns .It is really disgusting.

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Dinner tonight. 

6E20178F-89D9-450E-BD08-AD5E6DC5D8C5.thumb.jpeg.215fd26152f9a7975c3027206e85a669.jpeg

1FDEEDD2-576C-43B0-9CA7-10470E61017A.thumb.jpeg.9f8e70b472aa35bd444b1f2a92624ab6.jpeg

23EB10FA-A5C0-4479-AD12-8F7F3ADB6422.thumb.jpeg.47a58974ba4fb551d6b2e58ea40be270.jpeg

We order from a pizza place almost every Sunday, last few weeks it was our normal cheese pizza , Buffalo wings and Greek salad, which we wash down with Chianti Classico, hoping to get back to Buffalo soon for some great wings and New York City for great pizza and many other things, last year was first year we didn’t visit both , only thing I miss as much as cruises is visiting my home town of New York. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, George C said:

We order from a pizza place almost every Sunday, last few weeks it was our normal cheese pizza , Buffalo wings and Greek salad, which we wash down with Chianti Classico, hoping to get back to Buffalo soon for some great wings and New York City for great pizza and many other things, last year was first year we didn’t visit both , only thing I miss as much as cruises is visiting my home town of New York. 

I feel your pain.  Born and bred in NYC here.  Moved to the Dallas area 17 years ago. No visit back home is complete without NY pizza, pastrami and bagels.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I feel your pain.  Born and bred in NYC here.  Moved to the Dallas area 17 years ago. No visit back home is complete without NY pizza, pastrami and bagels.

I love going into the city. I haven't been there in over a year now.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Two of my friends moved from Brooklyn to Houston and from Houston to North Arlington,TX .They came back to Brooklyn for a school reunion in 2007 and made sure to book a hotel close to where they could get pizza.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Last year was first year I didn’t go back since moving in 1982 , my wife who I first took to New York in late 1980’s totally fell in love with the city , love the pizza etc, plus the upscale restaurants like delmonico’s and so many others. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I love going into the city. I haven't been there in over a year now.

So invigerating. Street fairs, museums, theater, shopping, Central Park, food, food, food.  I grew up in Lower Manhattan. I'll always be a NYer.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, George C said:

Last year was first year I didn’t go back since moving in 1982 , my wife who I first took to New York in late 1980’s totally fell in love with the city , love the pizza etc, plus the upscale restaurants like delmonico’s and so many others. 

First time I had pizza in Plano, the crust had the consistency of a cracker. We like Joe's on Parker and Communication in Plano. Very NY authentic. I haven't been back to NY in 3 years!

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 1