Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 4/17/2021 at 2:28 PM, dani negreanu said:

As of today, no masks are required outside.

1st time we took the grandkids to the beach, even though the water was very cold.

DH had the brilliant idea to go early, to manage a spot in the limited shade.

The last day of a long week-end (Independence Day).

That’s great, must feel good.

On 4/17/2021 at 4:47 PM, John&LaLa said:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=4218144691563815

No idea on validity or details, but definitely one of the performers today

That’s definitely a skilled pilot. I’m just surprised he put it down so close to the people. Looks like there are a lot less people a couple hundred yards out.

Edit - I just watched again paying more attention to the people in the water. Good thing there aren’t very many. 

Edited by ReneeFLL

11 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

During the winter, we have some friends we always do a “couples date with”, once a month at fancy or “new to us” restaurant.  They were postponed for a long time due to covid, and then, she had a horrific car accident Christmas Eve.  Today, we are so happy to be having a meal out with them 🙂. Due to her walker and other issues, we won’t have the premo upstairs or patio seating, but it know it will still be a fantastic time 🙂

Sorry to hear about your friend. Hopefully she has a full recovery.

On 4/16/2021 at 11:08 PM, bobmacliberty said:

New house issues continued today. Out of nowhere, the glass in our master shower shattered. Tempered glass everywhere. Fortunately, neither my wife nor I was in the room. Made a loud explosion that scared us both. No idea why it happened and why now. Guessing the shower will be out of commission for a few weeks. 
C3FE4344-3D46-41AB-B7F2-DA5471674D42.thumb.jpeg.2125bea45343374d6d2ddb4b7acc0f10.jpeg

5C399A95-22D5-4DAD-8633-D8504761438F.thumb.jpeg.566e1ebfe54a9fa7db7d9609b66735bc.jpeg

We were away for the weekend and just got as far as this.

What shattering news. 

Thank God no one got hurt.

Off to the store to get my staples before the snow hits this week.

Um we are not supposed to get to much snow in April, but....... 

It could be worse one year it snowed on Mothers day.

Stay healthy

Be safe

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

It just started raining really hard here, which for some reason gave me a flashback to when I was young.  Families in my neighborhood would sit in their garage, on lawn chairs, and watch the rain.  You could see other families across the street.  Occasionally, the kids would run out in the downpour and get soaked.  Anyone else do this when they were young?   

All the time, then watch the wheel barrow fill up...instant pool!  😄 

13 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

We have wild turkeys here. One summer I had a flock, or whatever a bunch of them are called, living around my backyard. They destroyed the lawn in the back with their scratching and digging. But since they had babies I couldn't bring myself to disturb them. Fortunately, they stayed around my yard for only one summer. Maybe the coyotes fixed the problem.

Mmmm..Coyotes do love fresh turkey dinner!  😉  We have both Coyotes (but mostly in the summer when the snow birds have left), and Bobcats.   Not to mention rather "large lizards" that roam the back yard at times.  😮  Turkey is yummy to all of them. 

Have seen Bobcats get the squirrels in our back yard at times, and some beautiful Falcons snag a Mourning Dove or two.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SwissMiss USA said:

@ollienbertsmum that 2400$ was for one month, but was literally incurred for a cold snap of 3 days. 

Wow, I have no idea what we pay for fuel.  Comes out of DH’s account and I never hear about it.  I would if it was that much though.  

I think people who run a/c. Machines probs pay more than us.  We are a ‘put a jumper on’ sort of family due to allergies in dry heat.  Gibraltar may be in the Mediterranean but in the winter houses designed for hot weather can be really cold.  

• Like 1

I have had a busy work day today.

I left home at 7.30am and got back at 13.00pm after driving 90 miles and doing several calls.

My last call was at a pretty town called Great Ayton which was the childhood home of Captain Cook a famous sailor and explorer.

I'm back home and relaxing in the garden where it is 60°F and sunny.

Hope everyone is well.

Graham.

16188376825134211389966746123783.jpg

Screenshot_20210419_141645.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 7

9 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

First time I had pizza in Plano, the crust had the consistency of a cracker. We like Joe's on Parker and Communication in Plano. Very NY authentic. I haven't been back to NY in 3 years!

We go to a Joe’s pizza in Carrollton a few blocks from our house, we have a good friend from Plano who runs a upscale Italian restaurant in Carrollton called Amici’s great food, I also worked in wall st area from late 1960’s to late 70’s.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, island lady said:

There was a way...not sure how many times you can do "the way".  

All you need is a new IP and email address.  Just sign up on a free email site and change your IP.  It's not a secret and it's how many have done it on other sites too.  I know several have been figured out here over the years.  Some writing styles are just way too easy to recognize, that plus a bit of personal info tossed in.

Edited by BND
  • Like 2

So international travel yesterday for my birthday.  We had a huge Sunday roast in a Thai restaurant in Spain (only about 20 mins away).  Forgot to take a picture of it, but it was lunch and I didn’t eat any supper .  We only had to wear masks when walking in the restaurant.  

Our restrictions are loosening.  We can have live music now, we only need to wear masks in shops and churches.  Not limitations on the number of people booked for parties at restaurant tables.  

I will still have to wear a mask at work which is a pain because my job is a speech pathologist working with children with speech disorders.  Not easy to do with a mask on.  Fingers crossed we won’t have another wave.  BE58EB73-7DB5-4F5B-BFF5-07F038DC6009.thumb.jpeg.761f7a9c95b03be9b19aaa8a3fe1903d.jpeg

• Like 13

8 minutes ago, ollienbertsmum said:

So international travel yesterday for my birthday.  We had a huge Sunday roast in a Thai restaurant in Spain (only about 20 mins away).  Forgot to take a picture of it, but it was lunch and I didn’t eat any supper .  We only had to wear masks when walking in the restaurant.  

Our restrictions are loosening.  We can have live music now, we only need to wear masks in shops and churches.  Not limitations on the number of people booked for parties at restaurant tables.  

I will still have to wear a mask at work which is a pain because my job is a speech pathologist working with children with speech disorders.  Not easy to do with a mask on.  Fingers crossed we won’t have another wave.  BE58EB73-7DB5-4F5B-BFF5-07F038DC6009.thumb.jpeg.761f7a9c95b03be9b19aaa8a3fe1903d.jpeg

Nice photo and a happy belated birthday for yesterday.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, ollienbertsmum said:

So international travel yesterday for my birthday.  

Happy birthday, Ollie and Bert's Mum 💐 Looks like you had a lovely day.

17 minutes ago, ollienbertsmum said:

I will still have to wear a mask at work which is a pain because my job is a speech pathologist working with children with speech disorders.  Not easy to do with a mask on.

Wearing a mask while being a speech pathologist kind of "negates the essence" of your work.... Seems an "mission impossible" to me, but an awesome skill.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I have had a busy work day today.

I left home at 7.30am and got back at 13.00pm after driving 90 miles and doing several calls.

My last call was at a pretty town called Great Ayton which wa

Screenshot_20210419_141645.jpg

At the time of Captain  Cook's  death Hawaii  was an independent  kingdom and not part of the US. Hawaii was made a state  in August   1959.

Mary  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Those wings look amazing.

My dilemma -- I like wings, and DH insists that they should only be eaten with your hands, which I kind of, to put it mildly, strongly dislike....😉

Having grown up in Buffalo, where wings were "invented", I can offer 2 pieces of advice when eating wings.

1. Don't use a napkin until you're done eating.  Allow you hands and face to be covered in sauce.  If you try to keep your hands and face clean while eating, you will use a LOT of napkins.

2. Don't drink beer (or your beverage of choice) until you're done eating.  If you're trying to use the beverage to tame the hot sauce, it won't help much (unless you're drinking milk).  You'll just end up drinking more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

That’s great, must feel good.

On the face of it, yeah, it feels good.

BUT, we, the Israelis, are not a very "disciplined" lot.... Many reports yesterday, that, since the masks are not required outside, people "forgot" to put them on while entering buildings, shopping malls, elevators, etc. Arguments arose.

I, personally, continue to be worried.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, dani negreanu said:

I, personally, continue to be worried.

I hope that your high vaccination rate, even if it is only adults, will greatly limit further spread.  I have not seen recent data (maybe you have some?) about how well the vaccines prevent transmission between people in addition to preventing/limiting the disease.   I remember that the initial results were encouraging.

1 hour ago, ollienbertsmum said:

Hope you had a Happy Birthday!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BND said:

All you need is a new IP and email address.  Just sign up on a free email site and change your IP.  It's not a secret and it's how many have done it on other sites too.  I know several have been figured out here over the years.  Some writing styles are just way too easy to recognize, that plus a bit of personal info tossed in.

They don't check IP address from what I understand

• Like 2