Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

And a few more. This is what I call a crack pot orchid. It means I waited way to long to repot it and the roots broke the pot. I put duct tape on it for now and will repot it after it's finished blooming. The cracked pot and then dropped into a decorative pot. Looks can be so deceiving. 😁20210320_160210.thumb.jpg.ddd0a811649d0584c293fb2f6085ec03.jpg

20210320_164834.jpg

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 10

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Mayo is just fat. It burns off and makes a golden crust. 

It's like covering a roast in yellow mustard before you grill it

Thanks! But we don't do that either. It is probably just cooking styles from different parts of the country. And what you grew up with. :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Thanks! But we don't do that either. It is probably just cooking styles from different parts of the country. And what you grew up with. :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

Royal coats their lamb chops in mustard prior to grilling😉

It's a seasoning binder for the herbs

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Thanks 1

@Jonn&LaLa

We had a screen enclosure build just for them on the back of the garages. I think it's 44' x 16', but don't really remember. It's the same as a pool enclosure. I'll get a picture of it some time. They are really easy. Their care is almost the opposite of house plants. One thing that annoys me is the generic tags that the big box stores put on them. Those directions don't always work for that plant it's on so people give up on them. If you ever have any questions I'd be happy to help.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

We had a screen enclosure build just for them on the back of the garages. I think it's 44' x 16', but don't really remember. It's the same as a pool enclosure. I'll get a picture of it some time. They are really easy. Their care is almost the opposite of house plants. One thing that annoys me is the generic tags that the big box stores put on them. Those directions don't always work for that plant it's on so people give up on them. If you ever have any questions I'd be happy to help.

Currently killing one now. It was a birthday gift for Laura. Seems tight in the pot. Doesn't drain well. No idea if over watering, or under watering. I'll post a pic tomorow. Flowers starting to drop off

• Like 1

Just now, John&LaLa said:

Currently killing one now. It was a birthday gift for Laura. Seems tight in the pot. Doesn't drain well. No idea if over watering, or under watering. I'll post a pic tomorow. Flowers starting to drop off

Yes, would like to see a picture.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Gorgerous orchids. Loved each one.

Thanks, I dread the thought of when we move. I love my orchids, but I hope I can take at least some with me. I’d be happy with a hundred or so.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Yes, I was thinking a knife also. I remember when we were kids and were at KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken) we saw a lady eating chicken with a fork and knife. We thought it was so funny. As a kids we hadn’t seen that before. 🍗

My. Favourite story along the ‘wrong utensil’ lines is when in a Tokyo burger bar (it was pouring with rain and we needed to stay dry) we spotted a couple of very polite ladies eating a burger with chopsticks.  I tried hard not to stare, but they made it look really easy.  I didn’t try.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ollienbertsmum said:

My. Favourite story along the ‘wrong utensil’ lines is when in a Tokyo burger bar (it was pouring with rain and we needed to stay dry) we spotted a couple of very polite ladies eating a burger with chopsticks.  I tried hard not to stare, but they made it look really easy.  I didn’t try.  

Chopsticks are just big toothpicks 😉

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I grew up using butter, but mayo works really well.

Jelly is awesome.  Might be an Indiana thing.

Y'all have a weird fascination with ketchup, but not for fries. 😱

There is a restaurant “up north” here in MN that does a grilled cheese with bacon, ham, Turkey and raspberry jam.  Sounds gross, tastes yum 🙂

Excuse me, but can I butt in - I've been scrolling through websites since my golf game booked for today was cancelled thanks to our latest "covid-19 emergency lockdown" here in Ontario....anyway, I was checking for a hotel room for our night before cruise next February and I'm shocked to see the price tag for our usual  Holiday Inn is $451 CDN  - yikes!   

• Like 1