The Daily for Sunday Apr 5, 2020

richwmn

today is Go for Broke Day, and National Dandelion Day

The official military brat flower is the dandelion. The dandelion itself is very much like a military brat. Its seeds can be scattered by the wind and puts its roots down anywhere.

I'll defend to the death your right to say that, but I never said I'd

listen to it!
        -- Tom Galloway with apologies to Voltaire

Meal suggestion - BLT Pasta Salad

Stirrip Cay Grand Bahama Anchorage
Nieuw Statendam
Veendam
Zuiderdam
Volendam
Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea Atlantic
Koningsdam east of Brazil destination Christobal Panama eta 4/10

Fort Lauderdale
Rotterdam (with Passengers)
Zaandam (with Passengers)

Puerto Vallarta MX
Eurodam
Maasdam

La Paz Anchorage
Westerdam

Cabo San Lucas Anchorage
Oosterdam

At Sea Pacific
Noordam destination San Diego CA eta 4/24

Durban South Africa Anchorage

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for the Daily Report.

I will pass on the meal suggestion.  Today is Striploin steak, grilled tomatoes, sweet corn,  pepper sauce, garlic butter, french fries, followed by 10mg Lipitor! ☺️

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Thanks for letting us know where the dam ships are today, Rich 🙂 

Too cold and too soon for dandelions, here too.  I think a lot of us have already gone broke with our trip cancellations 😉 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Thanks for the Daily Report.

I will pass on the meal suggestion.  Today is Striploin steak, grilled tomatoes, sweet corn,  pepper sauce, garlic butter, french fries, followed by 10mg Lipitor! ☺️

I'd happily join you for the steak, unfortunately the trip is not possible right now. Enjoy it!

• Haha 1

Thank you for today’s report, Rich! And meal suggestion - you are too funny. I really appreciate you pulling everything together.

Oddly I do not have dandelions here.  Either my lawn folk are really good, or the soil is inhospitable.

So I am going for broke today. Not yet sure how I will do that, any suggestions folk?

Stay well everyone!

• Like 1

Good morning and thanks for the Daily!  Update from yesterday; someone forgot to take the chicken out of the freezer for the chicken cordon bleu, so we improvised and had grilled ham and cheese sandwiches.  LOL

BLT pasta salad - hmmm, that might be good for tonight.  DH's wondering where I'm getting all my ideas for dinners, I'm keeping this place a secret!    Stay well!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Mine for major Holy days and holidays is ham.

Roy

That's the usual family dinner for Easter. But as I am living alone and not inviting relatives, I am NOT cooking a ham. 

Eternity is a ham and two people. Dorothy Parker

Pulled pork tonight, courtesy of leftover pork roast.

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning and thanks for the Daily!  Update from yesterday; someone forgot to take the chicken out of the freezer for the chicken cordon bleu, so we improvised and had grilled ham and cheese sandwiches.  LOL

BLT pasta salad - hmmm, that might be good for tonight.  DH's wondering where I'm getting all my ideas for dinners, I'm keeping this place a secret!    Stay well!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

I so love how you improvised Your dinner!

Ham and cheese rock👍
Denise😊

Thank you for your daily report.  That BLT Pasta Salad sounds yummy.  I guess if you google the recipe you will find plenty of varieties to try.  As for going for broke, already did that with the stock market last month.  Oh well...😷 Has anyone noticed this emoji wearing the face mask?  How appropriate!!

2 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Thank you for your daily report.  That BLT Pasta Salad sounds yummy.  I guess if you google the recipe you will find plenty of varieties to try.  As for going for broke, already did that with the stock market last month.  Oh well...😷 Has anyone noticed this emoji wearing the face mask?  How appropriate!!

I was texting a few days ago and used the word "infection" and that emoji came up as a suggestion. 

Strange times.

19 minutes ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

Thank you for the Fleet report.

DH has already taken a few dandelions out of our yard.

Would love a steak -- but our supply of filet mignon is all gone and the stores aren't stocking them anymore.

BLT pasta salad -- sounds like a good idea.

Good morning KK!

I wish I could transport some steaks to you like in the old TV series of BEWITCHED!!

Riches BLT pasta salad sounds good to me also!

Have a good Sunday

Denise😊

• Like 1

Thank you Rich for the fun Daily on a fine Sunday morning. We woke up to a few inches of snow, but it's due to be 50 up in the day.

When I was little I would pick a bouquet of dandelions and put a ribbon on it for my mom. I didn't know til I was older that they were a weed. When I see a dandy, I think of my mom.

Have a Blessed Palm Sunday my friends!

Joy

Edited by Seasick Sailor
Misspell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Thank you Rich for the fun Daily on a fine Sunday morning. We woke up to a few inches of snow, but it's due to be 50 up in the day.

When I was little I would pick a bouquet of dandelions and put a ribbon on it for my mom. I didn't know til I was older that they were a weed. When I see a dandy, I think of my mom.

Joy

Now this is a inspirational message!

My flower is gladiolus ! Remind me of my mom who passed away at a very young age of 59 with lung cancer. Sad but good memories when I see them!

Thank you Joy

Denise😊

2 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Good morning Joy!

How is Idaho this Sunday morning ?

Have my coffee and looked forward to what inspirational message  you were coming up With!

Have a great day

Denise😊

Joy

• Like 1

Just now, DeeniEncinitas said:

Now this is a inspirational message!

My flower is gladiolus ! Remind me of my mom who passed away at a very young age of 59 with lung cancer. Sad but good memories when I see them!

Thank you Joy

Denise😊

I love glads. We had 11 acres in Montana and Allen had a beautiful orchard and gardens and he planted glad bulbs for me.

• Thanks 1