Would you cruise in August

jp2746

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Technically you would not cruise out of Orlando.  It is in the middle of the state, 40 miles from the ocean, and in a different county.  You would cruise out of Port Canaveral Florida.  RCI only puts that in there as a point of reference for flying into an airport.  I find that very annoying. 

Ironically RCI calls it "Cape Liberty" not New York.  So I wish they would list our port as such...Port Canaveral.  

Technically, it should be Bayonne, NJ.  If using airport as a point of reference, then Newark, NJ as it's the closest big international airport. JFK in New York is 3 times the distance, almost 30 miles away and with traffic, 2 hours.

Technically speaking, that is. 😉

36 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Technically, it should be Bayonne, NJ.  If using airport as a point of reference, then Newark, NJ as it's the closest big international airport. JFK in New York is 3 times the distance, almost 30 miles away and with traffic, 2 hours.

Technically speaking, that is. 😉

Two wrongly named ports listed on the RCI website...don't make a right.  😉 

I have never seen a cruise ship docked up in Orlando.  😄  

What annoys me the most...is when RCI likes to call it..."Orlando's Port Canaveral".  As if Orlando owns Port Canaveral.  Not even in the same county.  

Edited by island lady
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, island lady said:

What annoys me the most...is when RCI likes to call it..."Orlando's Port Canaveral".  As if Orlando owns Port Canaveral.  Not even in the same county.  

I swear they do it purposely just to make people think it's close to Disney World. Years ago we did  3 days Disney combined with a 4 day Royal Caribbean cruise. Three days was not enough time in Disney. I can't imagine doing a hit an run visit from Port Canaveral. The ride to port from Disney was long.  The kids enjoyed the cruise more than Disney so we had no reason to go back.

• Like 1

If a 9/6/2020 cruise was booked June last year and had a non-refundable deposit, but since this COVID and the requirement of a health form be filled out by doctor, which my doctor would never sign, why wouldn't we get the deposit back? Had I known about a doctor's form would be needed I would never have booked to begin with. I have no intention of continuing to cruise because I could not get a signed form, so FCC would be worthless to me.

17 minutes ago, sugcarol said:

If a 9/6/2020 cruise was booked June last year and had a non-refundable deposit, but since this COVID and the requirement of a health form be filled out by doctor, which my doctor would never sign, why wouldn't we get the deposit back? Had I known about a doctor's form would be needed I would never have booked to begin with. I have no intention of continuing to cruise because I could not get a signed form, so FCC would be worthless to me.

RCI will say that they always had the right to refuse cruisers for health reasons, the letter just "clarifies" that idea.  There are those who claim once cruising starts again the letter will not be required, but it's just a guess.  Where is your cruise?  Geography will probably determine when the cruises will start, September seems possible at this point, especially if it's out of Savannah.

17 hours ago, island lady said:

Technically you would not cruise out of Orlando.  It is in the middle of the state, 40 miles from the ocean, and in a different county.  You would cruise out of Port Canaveral Florida.  RCI only puts that in there as a point of reference for flying into an airport.  I find that very annoying. 

Ironically RCI calls it "Cape Liberty" not New York.  So I wish they would list our port as such...Port Canaveral.  

Whichever port you eventually cruise from...hope you have a great cruise.  🙂 

Yes I am aware that we will be cruising out of port canaveral and not Orlando - that would be quite an achievement lol😂

We are planning a few days stay in Orlando prior to the cruise. Hoping to rent a villa as there are 11 of us travelling -including a few kids and a few big kids so plenty for all of us to do in the area.

I am actually quite devastated at having to cancel the august cruise - it was a great 10 night Bermuda and Caribbean itinerary and they are not repeating it in July or August next year or I would have rebooked the same cruise. One of our party is a Head teacher so we are very limited with dates.

Fingers crossed for a vaccine or treatment for this virus so we can get back to cruising soon!

Edited by Trixie21

On the original question, we have a cruise out of Bayonne on Adventure scheduled for August 13, Costco travel has my final payment scheduled for May 1, so its decision time. I think I'm going to cancel it...When I booked several months ago, there were only 1 or 2 balcony staterooms that I was interested in; looking today there's about 20 and I wouldn't be surprised if more pop up close to final payment date and after. So...I'm going to cancel, but keep an eye on things and may rebook if Royal gets cruising with no incidents, but my guess is we'll wind up going in 2021.

10 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

No, but Jungle Cruise should

And maybe Pirates of the Caribbean 

Wasn't Disney closing down the ride called  "Small World"?  (and now that silly song is stuck in my head.😵)  Of course now everything at Disney is closed down.  😮 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Trixie21 said:

Yes I am aware that we will be cruising out of port canaveral and not Orlando - that would be quite an achievement lol😂

We are planning a few days stay in Orlando prior to the cruise. Hoping to rent a villa as there are 11 of us travelling -including a few kids and a few big kids so plenty for all of us to do in the area.

I am actually quite devastated at having to cancel the august cruise - it was a great 10 night Bermuda and Caribbean itinerary and they are not repeating it in July or August next year or I would have rebooked the same cruise. One of our party is a Head teacher so we are very limited with dates.

Fingers crossed for a vaccine or treatment for this virus so we can get back to cruising soon!

It really is a silly thing that RCI does, by calling it port Orlando.  😉   

Sorry about your plans, and of course you are not alone.   For the month of August, I have multiple places booked in Alaska doing a self land tour for two weeks, followed by B2B on Radiance.  Was to celebrate big milestone birthday for the DH.  Still sadly waiting to see if it all falls through.  😞 

Edited by island lady

9 hours ago, Needz2Cruise said:

On the original question, we have a cruise out of Bayonne on Adventure scheduled for August 13, Costco travel has my final payment scheduled for May 1, so its decision time. I think I'm going to cancel it...When I booked several months ago, there were only 1 or 2 balcony staterooms that I was interested in; looking today there's about 20 and I wouldn't be surprised if more pop up close to final payment date and after. So...I'm going to cancel, but keep an eye on things and may rebook if Royal gets cruising with no incidents, but my guess is we'll wind up going in 2021.

We canceled our August Oasis cruise.  Too soon.