Would you cruise in August

jp2746

8 hours ago, bouhunter said:

Good grief, hope and positivity are great, but get real the chance of cruising in June is absolute zero.

I know the chances are very slim, but there is nothing wrong with hoping and being positive.  When Royal tells me it is canceled, then it is, until then, I will keep hoping!!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, karena1 said:

In a heartbeat.  Have 2 booked the end of June and hoping to go!  I believe in being positive and hoping for the best.  Until Royal cancels us, I plan to cruise!

I think the "glass half full" attitude is great. No one knows when things will lift and get better and nothing wrong with hope.

I've mentally given up on our August cruise, don't really know about Dec but I keep going and plan.  Maybe it'll get cancelled and we know financially what happens (unless Royal changes policy by then) and mentally I know that we may not go, but maybe it'll go on and we can get back to what we love.

Edited by LuCruise
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Trixie21 said:

We cancelled our august cruise out of cape liberty to the caribbean and rebooked for august next year out of orlando . I just saw too many unknowns and I just didnt think I or anyone else would be able to enjoy it fully . We would also have to fly from Dublin to New York and had planned a 3 day stay there prior to the cruise. Since final payment for everything was coming up within the next month I just took the decision to write off any more holidays this year. We have a june cruise next year to Iceland and Norway- I am comfortable with that - things should have settled by then to a point where we all know what we have to do to maintain a relatively normal existence.

Technically you would not cruise out of Orlando.  It is in the middle of the state, 40 miles from the ocean, and in a different county.  You would cruise out of Port Canaveral Florida.  RCI only puts that in there as a point of reference for flying into an airport.  I find that very annoying. 

Ironically RCI calls it "Cape Liberty" not New York.  So I wish they would list our port as such...Port Canaveral.  

Whichever port you eventually cruise from...hope you have a great cruise.  🙂 

Edited by island lady

If it came to that...and we had to wear masks on a cruise ship (which I don't see happening)...then can you imagine the muster drill on deck? How is that going to be "six feet apart"?   How about the "spacious accommodations" inside the life boats if needed?  😮 😮 

21 minutes ago, island lady said:

If it came to that...and we had to wear masks on a cruise ship (which I don't see happening)...then can you imagine the muster drill on deck? How is that going to be "six feet apart"?   How about the "spacious accommodations" inside the life boats if needed?  😮 😮 

While you bring up a valid point with the muster drill, I think if it gets to the point of people having to get in lifeboats, social distancing will be the least of the concerns.

Edited by time4u2go
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

When they canceled our Med cruise we decided to put it off until the fall and go back to Europe then, so we took the FCC.  But now as this virus shut down drags on we decided to get a refund, I don't think we will be cruising for a long time, not even next year.

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Two.  Next one until mid July, the one after to mid August. 

I'm wondering if RCI will aim to line up their next set of cancellations with the expiration of the 100 day CDC no sail order?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

I'm wondering if RCI will aim to line up their next set of cancellations with the expiration of the 100 day CDC no sail order?

That would be...somewhere mid July?  Then again...RCI probably prefers only posting cancellations in 30 day time blocks.  Easier to control.  

8 minutes ago, island lady said:

That would be...somewhere mid July?  Then again...RCI probably prefers only posting cancellations in 30 day time blocks.  Easier to control.  

With current pattern, RCI will likely cancel through about July 10, the CDC order I think expires July 24. RCI may wait till fairly late in May to decide.  

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

With current pattern, RCI will likely cancel through about July 10, the CDC order I think expires July 24. RCI may wait till fairly late in May to decide.  

I was guessing about three weeks from now for next announcement...wish I had that magic crystal ball!  

Edited by island lady

It seems like the cruise lines are about the last to state the obvious.  Those that have the gold make the rules and all cruise lines will move heaven and earth to hold onto the gold.  It will be survival of the fittest.  We all want the best settlement for our individual situations.  If there is a cruise in August I would tend to agree it will be a hopefully perfect day.  At least we can keep guessing and second guessing and hopefully entertaining each other here on CC.  I enjoy the banter!