Members Only Captains Club Offers

Newbury newbie

I had an email today promoting the new Members Only Captains Club promotion giving “loyalty discounts” on “nearly all cruises”. Is this just a UK promotion or worldwide? And what sort of discount are they offering? 

When I’m browsing on the website and pricing up cruises it’s not acknowledging my Captains Club status and showing any discount?

1 minute ago, Newbury newbie said:

I had an email today promoting the new Members Only Captains Club promotion giving “loyalty discounts” on “nearly all cruises”. Is this just a UK promotion or worldwide? And what sort of discount are they offering? 

When I’m browsing on the website and pricing up cruises it’s not acknowledging my Captains Club status and showing any discount?

In order for the discount to show up you must log in with your Captains Club number AND hit the APPLY button.  This promotion appears to be worldwide.  Some are receiving significant discounts and others minimal.   I was able to combine it with our military discount.  I hope this helps.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, downsmead said:

No such email received 🤷‍♀️

A email is not required.  I did not receive the email yet I was eligible.  My discount was fairly minimal $187pp.  I had to give up my LOOKBEYONDOBC of $300, but, I didn't need it anyway.  I already have $300 obc, and $600 was excess since I have all 4 perks(suite booking).  I would rather have money off cruise.

During the booking ,Click in " See if you qualify for offers" and enter Your Captain Club Number, then select an continue, promo it's worldwide until May 18

image.png.409d5be2d85faf696a87c73f01bbb41a.png

Edited by gerelmx

Just now, gerelmx said:

During the booking ,Click in " See if you qualify for offers" and enter Your Captain Club Number, the select an continue, promo it's worldwide until May 18

image.png.409d5be2d85faf696a87c73f01bbb41a.png

Just as your post came up I was about to advise the same....we saved $552 Loyalty...never received an email, but thanks to CC posters I found out about the savings.  Thank you CC posters....best information source re cruising ever!

I applied for the savings but was told the price I paid was too low to discount it further and I would need to pay the current price for the discount to be applied!  This would end up costing me more.

1 minute ago, TeaBag said:

I applied for the savings but was told the price I paid was too low to discount it further and I would need to pay the current price for the discount to be applied!  This would end up costing me more.

I believe this.  I have another booking that it is priced so low(Mar 2021, Infinity, 5 night interior room, $615 TOTAL for TWO incl. taxes) that I did not bother to ask about.

45 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

That's true.

It's happened to us on a cruise that we really got a good deal on.

Good tip. The UK call centre operators have to be reminded about Captain Club perks. I had a discount applying our membership number on the above page although had no option to click for over 55 and military too! I often have to argue to apply the military discount on the expensive UK phone number. 

Good info.

Thanks to the instruction on here I managed to look up the SE Asia cruise on Solstice in Feb 2022 and out of Hong Kong. The other day I was seeing Aqua as £4,518 With 2 perks (for 2 people). With the promotion it was down to £4,086, a saving of £432 which is worth having!! 
Just need to check I can use the 50% FCC I’ve got from this years cancelled Millie SE Asia Cruise. I’m aware they won’t allow combining with 125% FCC but 50% may be different.

56 minutes ago, hawkesbaynz said:

Good tip. The UK call centre operators have to be reminded about Captain Club perks. I had a discount applying our membership number on the above page although had no option to click for over 55 and military too! I often have to argue to apply the military discount on the expensive UK phone number. 

Good info.

If you google Say no to 0870 and then put Celebrity in the company name, you get landline numbers to call

0800 018 2525

01932 834300

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

Saved $744 on 1 booking the others were already lower than the discounted price or the category was sold out.

My TA called X and got the discount applied to sold out suite for our April 2021 cruise.  Saved over $1K.  I wasn't expecting it at all for that one (she surprised me with it).  Could be worth the wait time for a call.

21 minutes ago, capsplace said:

Call Celerity with my TA about another matter and ended up with an extra perk and 10% discount!

Yes, yesterday morning they switched the offer from your choice of any 2 out of 4 perks to three specific perks: gratuities, internet service and the Classic beverage package (no OBC option.)

On my 7 day cruise I had previously chosen the OBC & Classic and would have preferred to keep them rather than the other three perks; but the 10% savings still made it a very worth while.

23 hours ago, Newbury newbie said:

I just booked yesterday, didn't know anything about a 'loyalty' discount and the agent told me cost and then suddenly said 'oh' it's actually cheaper as you got a 10% loyalty discount!  That was applicable along with the current 3 perk offer.  My booking is for Caribbean Nov 2021.

So guess it's 10% and assume against base cost.

As my profile says, Canada here.

Edited to say found this ... Captain Club 10% Discount

Edited by poffles

I thought this was a loyalty benefit and Celebrity's way of saying thank you for sticking with them.  I guess I was wrong.  I don't think $2269 US/pp with 4 perks in a 2A, 11 day Honolulu to Vancouver, is all that low, but the fare has indeed gone up.

I'm happy for all of you who have profited from this.

8 minutes ago, 39august said:

IS there a promo code as well as the CC member number required? I have tried 4 cruises and all showed higher than what I already have booked. 

I don't see a code anywhere but I just tried something for my cruise and I did a mock for my sailing... one with my club number and one without.  When I got to the screen where they price rooms category selection, the price for the veranda (I booked) was exactly 10% cheaper for entered club number vs the one without, I did not proceed further, I did not enter any code.

So I am going to guess that the ones your tried are not part of the 'select' cruises?  If you didn't try the above on the sailings you are looking at perhaps try this for fun just to compare?