Manila Anchorage
Amsterdam
Noordam

Scheveningen NL Anchorage
Nieuw Statendam
Zaandam

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich!  Whenever the anniversary of D-Day occurs, all I can think of is the landing scene of Saving Private Ryan, and how horrific it must have been to live through. 

Morning all! Denise hope things are calmer for Shawn! Joy - what do I say to someone who is rushing around trying to make it all happen fast? Take care of yourself, perhaps.

Hope all the Dailyites are well. 

Another rainy day here for me. Yesterday’s humidity level was just a tiny bit lower than our temp. Today it might be higher!😱. But we need the rain.

Making zucchini crust pizza casserole to bring to a friend’s for a cruise planning session!  Woo hoo!

Stay well everyone.

• Like 4

Thanks for the Daily, Rich 🙂 

76th anniversary of the D Day landing.  Truly a day to keep all those who fought for our freedom in our thoughts.  Our visit to Normandy & Juno Beach, cemeteries and Canada House was truly moving. ❤️  The care given to the cemeteries and the appreciation of the people of Normandy is very evident.    

• Like 3

Good morning Rich. Thank you for keeping us straight on where our ships are.

Meatloaf sounds wonderful.

We have been to Normandy on several occasions. Always come away with a tear in the eye and a heavy heart.

Hola to my sweet sisters and fellow Daily-ites. Denise, how is Shawn doing? Cat, zucchini crust pizza casserole? Will need to Google the recipe.

Had a nice dinner with friends last night. Halibut was excellent. These goodbye parties are packing on the weight😜

Looks like a rainy weekend ahead of us. Stay safe and healthy.

• Like 4

Good morning.

Thank you for the Daily Report.

We must never forget D-Day.   Someday, we will get to Normandy.  My husband is trying to find the route his father took, he did not land on D-Day, he landed later.  Unfortunately, DFIL is no longer with us to ask.

That's an interesting dinner suggestion, we will use the barbecue, but it will be steak for us.🙂

Have a wonderful day.  Stay healthy.

• Like 1

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  We must never forget the sacrifices made so we can enjoy all the freedoms we have today.

Today is SIL's birthday, so that means we'll be having BBQ ribs for dinner tonight; yum!   I'll bring dessert.  And wine.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry 

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 2

I expect a D-Day with very little celebrating, quite strange.  It looks like Rotterdam is taking advantage of her stay in Jakarta to take on some fuel.  As we slowly open things, I took my Panera oatmeal this morning to one of their outside tables, just opened within the last week.

Wishing all a happy and healthy weekend.

Roy

• Like 3

Good morning,

Remembering all those who fought for us and being grateful for their sacrifices and those of their families.

Hot and humid here in Massachusetts today.  Doesn't seem as if we have had much of a spring.  

Have cooked all week so dinner tonight will be take out since our restaurants are closed for in dining seating.  

• Like 1

Good morning Rich to my sisters Cat and Joy, and to all our Daily-ties!!

Thank you for the reminder of DDAY.

🌺 To my Aloha Sisters, Shawn is well and all seems to be calm and maybe back to normal.(Thank goodness)

Maui opens up with phase 2  and on 6/30

will be last day of mandatory 14 day stay at home quarantine for tourists as well as residents coming over ! On 6/16 it will be lifted to travel between islands. 
Restaurants will slowly reopen but no bars,

etc. Also shopping stores etc.

Going back to our home in Kaanapali 7/1. Our gardner said all is good. We need some Maui time.

Have a good day

Denise😊

• Like 3

Thank you for the daily, Rich. I'm not sure what we'll have for supper, but it will likely be beef.

We are reminded of D-Day and proud of our Canadian and Newfoundland troops who stormed Juno Beach in the effort to open up a new Western Front in Europe. May we always remember the fight for freedom by the Allies. Lest We Forget 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, gigianne said:

Thanks for the dailies Rich.  We have been very fortunate to have been able to visit all the D-Day beaches of Normandy while on HAL cruises. The experience was overwhelming.

784E0EC9-E1FA-48B2-8E38-0F5C75916A82.jpeg

050BC92F-AEA1-4327-B4A7-589F05C3492D.jpeg

9E30BAEA-5DF4-45D3-9832-273923180B25.jpeg

Lovely pics of wonderful memories, Georgina.  Thank you.

• Like 1

Thanks Rich. 

Oh thank you @gigianne for the pictures. That must have been a very moving experience. 

We are ordering in pulled pork BBQ tonight with white beans, vinegar slaw, and hoe cakes. Mouth is watering. Only thing that would make it better is some pecan pie and banana pudding, my momma makes the best of both of those. 

If y'all are ever in the South, make sure to stop by a hole in the wall BBQ joint (tip: follow the smoke and your nose for the best BBQ).  Pulled, chopped, whole hog, ribs, beef brisket, chicken, turkey, goat.... it's a real treat. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, fatcat04 said:

If y'all are ever in the South, make sure to stop by a hole in the wall BBQ joint (tip: follow the smoke and your nose for the best BBQ).  Pulled, chopped, whole hog, ribs, beef brisket, chicken, turkey, goat.... it's a real treat. 

The best BBQ is on Fall Saturday Afternoons in about a dozen cities across the Southeast. There is usually a pickup truck involved.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, kazu said:

Thanks for the Daily, Rich 🙂 

76th anniversary of the D Day landing.  Truly a day to keep all those who fought for our freedom in our thoughts.  Our visit to Normandy & Juno Beach, cemeteries and Canada House was truly moving. ❤️  The care given to the cemeteries and the appreciation of the people of Normandy is very evident.    

My Father is a D-Day vet, he was in the Navy on LST 523 and brought troops and supplies up to the beaches under heavy fire. His ship made 2 more trips from England to Normandy, on the 3rd trip on June 19 his ship hit a German mine off Utah Beach and his ship which was carrying tons and tons of explosives to be used by Army demolition teams was literally blown out of the water and cut in half by all the explosions. He was one of the few survivors and spent a half hour in the water before a PT boat picked him up

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 3

Thanks for your update.  Bright spot in the day to know where the ships are!  

My big disappointment this year was my cancelled TA on the Nieuw Statendam.  So looked forward to my visit to Normandy.  Maybe another year, just maybe!

• Like 2