Proceedure for cancellations if Oceana goes

Presto2

14 hours ago, Manx buoy said:

When Adonia and Oriana went the cruises were cancelled with very little of a sweetener that I recall and rebook if you like but again no preference or discount  The same happened when they cancelled the Gulf programme last winter no priority for the new itineraries 

Correct, we had Adonia booked for the Canaries a couple of years ago, then a few months before cruise she was sold to Azamara.  We got no sweeteners, just refund of deposit.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, royallondon said:

Yes,  from memory we were offered either a 10% discount off her revised European itinerary or 10% off any of that years winter Caribbean itinerary If booked by a cut off date.

Regards

I remember them offering the 10% off the Caribbean fly cruises which they wouldn’t let us have retrospectively as we already had one booked but I’m pretty sure there wasn’t 10% off the replacement cruises as they were already dirt cheap anyway

Interesting all this speculation about Oceana's future, however since nothing is sailing until mid October at the earliest, and if the Gulf ports are going to be available, it occurs to me that P&O/Carnival would be rather silly not to use Oceana for this coming winters cruises.  She is available, and if the bookings are significant enough, it would seem stupid not to use her.  If the booking are too low, then maybe they will cancel the whole season, and certainly not substitute another ship.  Just my astute business logic being applied to this problem.

7 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

An advertising jaunt maybe?

The reason given was insufficient berths at Southampton, as I saw it reported.

The question over Oceana is how soon her new owners (if they exist) want her.  She could be part of their local restart or growth protocol this Winter, influencing any commercial discussion - who knows. 

I just hope that some sort of announcement or statement is forthcoming from P&O before too long, so as to allow passengers to be certain, or adjust accordingly.

Speaking of "trading ships" slightly more broadly, the immediate clamour around CMV being on the verge of collapse appears to have waned - a touch.  

23 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Cannot believe everybody talking about her going just on a rumour?  

I know right! I first say it mentioned and thought ‘no way with it’s Dubai cruises etc’ but the more I’ve seen it spoken about the more I’ve questioned whether they would get rid of her, hoping P&O squash the rumours asap

30 minutes ago, CCFC said:

I cant see her going, I'm so confident I have just booked Xmas on her.

Loving this attitude, I’m gonna try and jump onboard with thinking positively. We have everything crossed! P&O have the only Dubai itinerary’s that we like the look of 

4 hours ago, No pager thank you said:

Speaking of "trading ships" slightly more broadly, the immediate clamour around CMV being on the verge of collapse appears to have waned - a touch.  

They re opened their head office recently for staff who cannot work from home (last Monday I think).  I have also saw a comment at a similar time from some one who seems to know a lot about all things CMV.  The comment referred to it looking positive, but that no more could be said at present.  Also heard of someone getting a refund last week.  So I am thinking things must be looking pretty good, but would love to have some confirmation of what is afoot if anyone sees anything.  Carnival were reported to be creditors of CMV as well. 

Lots of crew have gone home from both their ships and other ships as well, so our Government being involved when the CMV crew representatives got their ships inspected, seems to have done a lot for co operation from their home countries.

21 hours ago, CCFC said:

Think your confidence was a little misplaced! 

At least you've only got to try and get your deposit back.

3 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Think your confidence was a little misplaced! 

At least you've only got to try and get your deposit back.

To be honest, unless CCFC is happy with a FCC, get the chargeback request in straight away, or see if the payment can be stopped, if it has yet to be "claimed."

Long wait otherwise.  Sorry for the poster, although prices are steep, there is availability on the other festive cruises on smaller ships in good cabins.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, CCFC said:

20 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

Its official. She leaves this month.

Just tried a dummy booking on P&O site and Oceana now comes back as blank in choices of ships .

Edited by kalos

Sad, but I hope the other meduim sized ones survive the next year or so.  Anyone have any idea which will be next in line for removal?  I do hope Aurora stays longer as we are not that keen on Arcadia.

On 7/6/2020 at 12:50 PM, CCFC said:

Oh dear this aged well. Hope you find something else.

I’m quite sad about Oceana going. Only been on her once but we did enjoy it, was hoping to go on her again one day. My friend will be sad, she had her Ventura cruise cancelled this May and re booked for next May on Oceana.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Oh dear this aged well. Hope you find something else.

I’m quite sad about Oceana going. Only been on her once but we did enjoy it, was hoping to go on her again one day. My friend will be sad, she had her Ventura cruise cancelled this May and re booked for next May on Oceana.

Off to the Caribbean instead, same number of days and dates. Got 125% future credit too.

• Like 3