If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

22 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

All risky activities you willingly choose (or chose) to engage in.  I’ll bet the mortality rate for skiers is considerably less than 0.27%.  Death is not the only outcome possible from contracting CV-19; there could very well be longterm, perhaps lifetime, serious health consequences.  Your idea of risk assessment, mitigation and tolerance is awful.

And skiers generally don't put others at risk, particularly without the others' knowledge or consent.

And why aren't many ICUs  overwhelmed with the victims of any of those other risks, much less all of those risks combined?

Edited by latserrof
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

As is the case for just about any disease one doesn't die from.

Possibly, but the case at hand is comparing certain risky activities (well, except maybe the stabbing meth addict which is more of an employment-related hazard) with COVID-19, not other diseases.

So I have read further and see we are talking about the preposterous notion that the Bloods, Crips and MS13 are trafficking in Pfizer vaccine.  Let me tell you with absolute expert certainty that street gangs are not and have no interest in trafficking in vaccine or any other medical therapeutic. There is no market place for under the counter Moderna.  

Fantasy island was a great show.  It used to come on just after The Love boat.  Both were a couple of my favorite shows.  Unfortunately, I think some people are still living on fantasy island.

De plane boss, de plane!

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

26 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

All risky activities you willingly choose (or chose) to engage in.  I’ll bet the mortality rate for skiers is considerably less than 0.27%.  Death is not the only outcome possible from contracting CV-19; there could very well be longterm, perhaps lifetime, serious health consequences.  Your idea of risk assessment, mitigation and tolerance is awful.

I'd say your knowledge of snowslidibng sport is likely deficient.  The risk of death and serious injury is very real and happens all the time on every mountain almost daily.  As a former ski patrol I have first hand knowledge.   I personally have permanent damage caused by someone else's error.  It is a risk I willingly took.

That being said, everyone needs to take responsibility for themselves and assess their own personal risk tolerance and adjust their behavior accordingly.  

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I have a greater fear of dying while skiing this coming Monday than I do from the virus.  I'm more likely to die at work being stabbed by a meth addled addict on the street than I am from the virus.  I used to cliff dive.  I've quit doing it but we used dive into the canyon from heights that exceed 100' That was risk. People living in fear of dying from a virus with a 99.73% survival rate don't know or understand what risk really is.  They have risks of dying from all sorts of activities that they would never give a second thought but here we are.

Liberals don’t climb mountains.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, latserrof said:

And why aren't many ICUs  overwhelmed with the victims of any of those other risks, much less all of those risks combined?

ICU at St Pauls hospital in downtown Vancouver is operating normally, treating both virus and non-virus patients alike.  I have family working there.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

Apparently, California's legal system isn't putting enough people in jail.😇

My SIL is an RN at a state prison in Central CA.  I think he said that there were over 4000 inmates at his facility. That was after they released a bunch because they were scared they'd get the virus. His is only one of several in the area.  

Based on the number of times my truck has been broken into in CA I would say you are right. They aren't putting enough people in and keeping them in jail.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

My SIL is an RN at a state prison in Central CA.  I think he said that there were over 4000 inmates at his facility. That was after they released a bunch because they were scared they'd get the virus. His is only one of several in the area.  

Based on the number of times my truck has been broken into in CA I would say you are right. They aren't putting enough people in and keeping them in jail.

Why are they letting these criminals out of jail?  I thought masks work?  They should be just fine if they wore their masks and social distanced behind bars.  🍷

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I'd say your knowledge of snowslidibng sport is likely deficient.  The risk of death and serious injury is very real and happens all the time on every mountain almost daily.  As a former ski patrol I have first hand knowledge.   I personally have permanent damage caused by someone else's error.  It is a risk I willingly took.

That being said, everyone needs to take responsibility for themselves and assess their own personal risk tolerance and adjust their behavior accordingly.  

Don’t be silly.  Mont Tremblant’s capacity is about 23,000 skiers per hour.  If the mortality rate was even 0.1% that would mean 23 deaths per hour engaging in a sport/recreational activity.  I think we can agree that’s a little too risky for the average person.  They don’t even have avalanches there.

58 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

Liberals don’t climb mountains.  

We don’t need to put politics in everything. This is an infectious disease. I am a lifelong liberal who for the past 9 months has never once asked a patients political ideology before I treated them. I am glad we live in a country where we can have different views. Stop being mean. Kindness goes a lot farther in this trying times. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

Don’t be silly.  Mont Tremblant’s capacity is about 23,000 skiers per hour.  If the mortality rate was even 0.1% that would mean 23 deaths per hour engaging in a sport/recreational activity.  I think we can agree that’s a little too risky for the average person.  They don’t even have avalanches there.

A couple of things... Capacity is number of riders on a chair lift and doesn't allow for the fact that there are multiple trips up per hour by the same rider.  You math is completely spurious.  

Also, my analogy had nothing to do with novice skiers on the magic carpet, novice Tbar or intermediate groomed runs plodding up and down the hill which make up the vast majority of the 23,000 chairlift riders per hour.  I said I had a greater risk of dying.  I don't ski like or on the same terrain as all the 23,000 riders per hour at Mt Tremblant. I accept that the risk that I take every single  time I strap on my skis is greater than my risk of dying from the virus.  I think everyone should make decisions based on what is acceptable risk for themselves.  

If you or anyone wants to wear fabric mask while driving alone in a car that is your right and I support fully you doing that. If a business wants to mandate mask wearing in their establishment that is their prerogative and I support that.  If you think, like was mandated in Manitoba, that the risk of catching the virus because of purchasing Christmas themed boots was unacceptable but the risk of purchasing plain black ones were not a risk, I support your right to not buy Christmas themed boots to preserve you health and mental wellbeing.  However, everyone should be given the right to choose their own level of risk.

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

Why are they letting these criminals out of jail?  I thought masks work?  They should be just fine if they wore their masks and social distanced behind bars.  🍷

That's a great question... I don't that answer.  Nor does anyone I suspect.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

That's a great question... I don't that answer.  Nor does anyone I suspect.

Well, with a combined 2.3 million incarcerated population between federal and state and privatized prisons, the "rate of positivity" on "cases" is very high. 

DEATHS, not so much; about 1,600-1,700.

Do the math (0.000696).

So, again, it is "not the science."  At least the "science that matters; risk of and actual deaths.  They don't want to go there.  Can't scare as many people every minute of every day for days on end, weeks, months and approaching a year.  "Cases."  "Positivity rates."  

And the goal posts are moved over and over and over.

MSM, global elites and partisan governors are one in the same.  

Nothing better illustrated than the daily, weekly and monthly "pounding of Florida" and the governor while hold up the New York seat holder on a throne for performance (and I will agree wholeheartedly, it has been solely a performance).

DEATH RATE in Florida almost ONE-HALF the death rate in New York.

In fact, if New York City was a country, it would have the highest death rate in the World.

Bring forth the Emmy.  What a "performance."

In the meantime, "collateral damage" (once important to MSM during Vietnam and other wars and aggressions) in New York, especially its' once-treasured city, economically demolished, lives and livelihoods devastated (forever), restaurants, bars, retail stores and streets abandoned, crime unleashed unabated, fines, arrests and real estate and rental values plummeting. 

And the WORST is yet to come.  Governance lopped off its' torso in spite "for a reason."  Payback is.....

Florida?  Half the death rate with a demographically older and more at risk population.  Economically, no real comparative collateral damage.  Except, possibly, the potential for future damage from inter-state immigrants leaving other similar-to-New York governance, politics and experience, to Florida if they bring their historical preferences for governance with them.

🙄🤨

Edited by Formula280SS
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cruising sister said:

We don’t need to put politics in everything. 

Rule #1 of public message boards is to inject politics into any topic - whether it’s a discussion about sideburns trends, pumpernickel bagels, kitten costumes or yes, even cruising. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, latserrof said:

Does that mean that after dose #2 you no longer need to be careful?  Aren't you equally likely to spread Covid with or without the vaccine?

then why vaccinate?  Does that make sense honestly?  As soon as it enters your body, your immune system attacks it.  The vaccine will give you antibodies to attack it.  I think it will work as any other vaccine does.  It doesn't make sense that a person vaccinated would spread it.