If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

10 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Can you share a link that says it wasn't? 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-vaccines-distribut/local-funding-crisis-threatens-u-s-vaccine-rollout-idUSKBN295135

From the article:

In counties across the United States, the funding crisis has limited the hiring of needed vaccine staff, delayed the creation of vaccination centers, and undermined efforts to raise public awareness, officials told Reuters.

The federal government spent more than $10 billion to speed COVID-19 vaccine development but has so far disbursed little funding for distribution, even as it pushed the responsibility of actual immunizations onto state and local governments.

7 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-vaccines-distribut/local-funding-crisis-threatens-u-s-vaccine-rollout-idUSKBN295135

From the article:

In counties across the United States, the funding crisis has limited the hiring of needed vaccine staff, delayed the creation of vaccination centers, and undermined efforts to raise public awareness, officials told Reuters.

The federal government spent more than $10 billion to speed COVID-19 vaccine development but has so far disbursed little funding for distribution, even as it pushed the responsibility of actual immunizations onto state and local governments.

Why shouldn’t the States fund their own programs? I’m very happy with the way my State is handling the distribution. They are making it the Counties responsibility to setup and vaccine. 

M8

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Why shouldn’t the States fund their own programs? I’m very happy with the way my State is handling the distribution. They are making it the Counties responsibility to setup and vaccine. 

M8

I wasn't stating who should or shouldn't fund it.  I was responding to someone asking for a link to something indicating that distribution wasn't funded by the federal government.

Edited by time4u2go

2 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

I wasn't stating who should or shouldn't fund it.  I was responding to someone asking for a link to something indicating that distribution wasn't funded by the federal government.

Thanks. People need to quit asking for handouts. If States don’t have the funding, time to reduce programs and/or elect other politicians. 😇

M8

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

The Federal government does not have the authority, and in fact, when it first proferred that "it" was in charge of response to the pandemic, "it" was fiercely, bitterly rebuked by the states' governors (mostly partisan).

In the US, it's called States Rights (which also include powers).  They can't have both ways; insist the "they each" have the authority then complain, cry foul and moan when "they fail" and go back to blaming the Federal government.

Just today is a report that the State of Massachusetts is considering 5 mass vaccination sites across the state, including Fenway Park and Gillette Stadium. 

Now, it is January 2, 2021.

Each State was notified of the two potential vaccines in August of 2020 and given THREE guiding documents for developing a Plan at the State level (again, the Federal government didn't have the authority to do such at the national level).

Here is some news quotes and links to the actual documents.

Remember, certain States play "partisan football" with even the thought that vaccines would even be ready at all.  THEY risked and lost lives throughout this pandemic; this is just another one for the record.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has notified public health officials in all 50 states and five large cities to prepare to distribute a coronavirus vaccine to health care workers and other high-risk groups as soon as late October or early November.

Three documents were sent to public health officials in all states and territories as well as officials in New York, Chicago, Philadelphia, Houston and San Antonio on Aug. 27. They outlined detailed scenarios for distributing two unidentified vaccine candidates, each requiring two doses a few weeks apart, at hospitals, mobile clinics and other facilities offering easy access to the first targeted recipients.

The C.D.C. noted in its guidance that “limited Covid-19 vaccine doses may be available by early November 2020.” The documents were dispatched the same day that Dr. Robert Redfield, director of the C.D.C., sent a letter to governors asking them to prepare vaccine distribution sites by Nov. 1.

The C.D.C. plans lay out technical specifications for two candidates described as Vaccine A and Vaccine B, including requirements for shipping, mixing, storage and administration. The details seem to match the products developed by Pfizer and Moderna, which are the furthest along in late-stage clinical trials. On Aug. 20, Pfizer said it was “on track” for seeking government review “as early as October 2020.”

https://int.nyt.com/data/documenttools/phase-1-vaccination-planning-scenarios-8-27/e0b519d686f4dda5/full.pdf

https://int.nyt.com/data/documenttools/early-covid-19-vax-action-items-8-27-2020-final/935b1bd03afcefff/full.pdf

https://int.nyt.com/data/documenttools/covid-19-vax-planning-assumptions-8-27-2020-final/6fc8a9ec0c3e5817/full.pdf

Also, when it comes to the "costs of vaccination," let us not forget that most large urban based states have run mass transit, airports, government services (stay at home) at FULL PAY with "no one, or almost no one" using the services.  BILLIONS later, they lament the Federal government?

Get ready, it (the blowback) is about to all change magically.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ace2542 said:

But you have to store the saline and produce the vials and whatever wouldn't you? And I have heard stories offering bribes to doctors of upto 2000 bucks to get it now ahead of the line. So yes I do believe it. Not massive quantity maybe but could someone steal 100 vials and sell them 20 bucks a pop or 20 pounds a pop. 2000 thousand bucks or pounds of pure profit. Or even just someone so worried they break into the doctor and steal a couple of vials for their parents in group 6 who won't get it till April. The problem anyone who buys/steals it might have is proving they have had the vaccine. And 2 shot vaccine eliminates that possibility because you would struggle to get the second shot in the timeframe so there would be no point.

ok.  Its too early in the morning let alone vaccine schedule for conspiracy theories.  But you did give me a good laugh this am. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

Well, again for historical purposes, the Federal government is not authorized to "spend money" for such.  It is limited to expenditure of what the "law" (comprised of the House (generally first) and Senate concur on Appropriations legislation, then Signed by the President) allows.

1395814172_PowerofPurse.JPG.72cd97b7488cd584d80b77d55e4c196c.JPG

So, the States' representatives, in the House and Senate of the US Congress, "sat on it" during all of 2020.

As RECENT as October, it turned down $1.8 Trillion proposal initiated by the President which included $175 Billion for "Testing, tracing, vaccines, and health-care providers — $175 billion."

937805109_1.8Trillion.thumb.JPG.7ef900b4b61b29829f27592529eb657c.JPG

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/10/pelosi-dismisses-trump-coronavirus-stimulus-offer.html

What they got in the end was LESS than the above for that category.

70.JPG.ef54da0facbe71db684d7c909a71f5b5.JPG

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/28/business/economy/second-stimulus-package.html

Again, in the States, the leadership (i.e., President and Administration) cannot spend a penny unless ("no money shall be drawn from the Treasury") with an Appropriation under the law ("but in the consequence of Appropriations made by Law").

So, it fashionable, arousing, heated, etc. to blame the Federal government; while it is actually the states' representation in Congress which really has earned the scorn.

They ended up providing $105 LESS for the topic of discussion than what was previously offered.

• Thanks 1

Very good article for those interested in facts about Pfizer vaccine.   Would be curious to know people's reactions.

No. 10 point is particularly interesting - whether the vaccine is compatible with other medications someone may be taking.

NJ 

10 Facts From the UK Government Pfizer Vaccine Guidance that Promote “Vaccine Hesitancy” (blacklistednews.com)

On 12/31/2020 at 8:00 PM, jean87510 said:

got mine today.  2nd dose in 1 month.  Im very happy to be vaccinated as are my fellow RNs.  I still have to be careful this month before dose #2.

Does that mean that after dose #2 you no longer need to be careful?  Aren't you equally likely to spread Covid with or without the vaccine?

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Yes.

It took them 4 and a half years to implement it.🙄

And in 10 to 15 years there probably won't be an EU to have brexited from. If on more country goes especially France and Macron is hanging on to power over there now I think then the EU will be finished.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, time4u2go said:

From the article:

I understand why it's slower than expected, they didn't plan on the fact that Phizer vaccine has to be stored at MINUS 80c.  That has created some logistical problems, not enough freezers to transport and store.  Just have to be patient

19 minutes ago, M&A said:

I understand why it's slower than expected, they didn't plan on the fact that Phizer vaccine has to be stored at MINUS 80c.  That has created some logistical problems, not enough freezers to transport and store.  Just have to be patient

Actually, they have known since August, that Vaccines A and B would require such.  Here is a shot (no pun) from the three recommended directions for vaccination planning that were sent to each state in August of 2020.  Actually, since this is the date of the publication of such, it was much early that all were notified and aware of the first two vaccines' cold temperature requirements in certain stages of the distribution and storage.

Here are the links.

https://int.nyt.com/data/documenttools/phase-1-vaccination-planning-scenarios-8-27/e0b519d686f4dda5/full.pdf

https://int.nyt.com/data/documenttools/early-covid-19-vax-action-items-8-27-2020-final/935b1bd03afcefff/full.pdf

https://int.nyt.com/data/documenttools/covid-19-vax-planning-assumptions-8-27-2020-final/6fc8a9ec0c3e5817/full.pdf

Frist is Vaccine A and then Vaccine B; separately, followed by both compared.

temp1.thumb.JPG.c20d1d9ad33a88a0c7e43d93c7366704.JPG

temp2.JPG.fec27fc53c62d872a77bc631c1812d3f.JPG

temp3.thumb.JPG.63cd7e74986b493b8fdab7de9d458e37.JPG

Edited by Formula280SS

On 12/30/2020 at 10:26 AM, TheMastodon said:

Life would go on!    

Life is full of risks Yogimax.  To lessen my risk of contracting Covid19 I wear a mask.  Chances are if I do contract it I would be fine - if you can’t comprehend that I don’t know what to tell you.  

When going surfing in SoCal there is always a chance a big fish will mistake me for a seal and have a taste.  Lots of people swim and surf though. 

“¯\_(ツ)_/¯“

I have a greater fear of dying while skiing this coming Monday than I do from the virus.  I'm more likely to die at work being stabbed by a meth addled addict on the street than I am from the virus.  I used to cliff dive.  I've quit doing it but we used dive into the canyon from heights that exceed 100' That was risk. People living in fear of dying from a virus with a 99.73% survival rate don't know or understand what risk really is.  They have risks of dying from all sorts of activities that they would never give a second thought but here we are.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I have a greater fear of dying while skiing this coming Monday than I do from the virus.  I'm more likely to die at work being stabbed by a meth addled addict on the street than I am from the virus.  I used to cliff dive.  I've quit doing it but we used dive into the canyon from heights that exceed 100' That was risk. People living in fear of dying from a virus with a 99.73% survival rate don't know or understand what risk really is.  They have risks of dying from all sorts of activities that they would never give a second thought but here we are.

All risky activities you willingly choose (or chose) to engage in.  I’ll bet the mortality rate for skiers is considerably less than 0.27%.  Death is not the only outcome possible from contracting CV-19; there could very well be longterm, perhaps lifetime, serious health consequences.  Your idea of risk assessment, mitigation and tolerance is awful.

• Like 3