If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

23 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Rules for thee but not for me!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Not surprised, wasn't it few weeks ago in the News that the Convicted 1998 US Embassy Bombings Terrorist wanted out early. He is overweight @220# his Lawyer told the judge "even another six weeks behind bars is too long for Bari who suffers from asthma, amid the coronavirus pandemic" Guy is 60, at least he didnt get Vaccine before many others

There must be an all you can eat buffet in prison.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, gatour said:

And some counties in Florida are experiencing 4+ hour waits for vaccinations.  Not exactly the gold standard in scheduling/administrating vaccinations

Pinellas County is still forming a plan and hasn't even started taking appointments yet. 

• Thanks 1

I am another to admit I have not read every post... At this time, even if I was eligible to get it right now, I can't and won't...
I am allergic to a few things and there are so many unknowns still. 
When I had to have my spleen out I needed to get a few vaccines first. They made me schedule an appointment to have them done in the hospital "just in case". It wasn't fun then and those were vaccines that had been proven for years. 

I am thankful they have not mandated a vaccine yet in order to cruise. 

3 hours ago, TheMastodon said:

Avg life years lost 

1918 Spanish flu - 50

2020 Covid19 - .5

I listen to good science 

56B814DA-9752-4EE5-B586-C42D38C9EAF9.jpeg

E376D388-7D2B-403C-BDBF-38A8F0219993.jpeg

Thanks, I remember seeing one these on US last July showing similar, want say their numbers at the time were .7yrs, though not sure what is now 6months later

1 minute ago, yogimax said:

Some of us actually believe that "illegals" as you call them are still human beings.

Agree.  I’d extend that to some of the statements and sentiments I’ve seen recently respecting incarcerated persons.  Often, they have families, friends and others who would like to see them do their time in often over-crowded facilities without having to fear illness or worse because others feel they’re not worth protecting.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

Agree.  I’d extend that to some of the statements and sentiments I’ve seen recently respecting incarcerated persons.  Often, they have families, friends and others who would like to see them do their time in often over-crowded facilities without having to fear illness or worse because others feel they’re not worth protecting.

Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Not surprised, wasn't it few weeks ago in the News that the Convicted 1998 US Embassy Bombings Terrorist wanted out early. He is overweight @220# his Lawyer told the judge "even another six weeks behind bars is too long for Bari who suffers from asthma, amid the coronavirus pandemic" Guy is 60, at least he didnt get Vaccine before many others

Then you open the door for him don't you. Killed while trying to escape! 😉

8 hours ago, jean87510 said:

ridiculous.  Why are the vaccine sites allowing this? I had to show my badge, ID and drivers license and they were actually holding my license up to the light (like it was a fake $20). 

At least with the 2 shot dose the vaccine can't be stolen by what criminal or gangs like your bloods or crips or MS13 and sold on the streets for what bucks a pop? As you need both doses on a timeframe there would be no point to buying a stolen shot. Theft might be a danger with the single shot johnson and johnson vaccine.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

Yes, but so do the ones that could have gotten the vaccines that have been given to prisoners & illegals. They have families & friends too. Not saying they shouldn’t get it but let them wait. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Some of us actually believe that "illegals" as you call them are still human beings.

Let's see. The term is "illegal". Why should someone get the shot ahead of a US citizen or someone who is here legally? If they don't like it they can go back where they came from. Just saying. 

42 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

The facilities wouldn't be over crowded if they didn't commit a crime. Sure some are petty crimes, but what about murderers, etc? They shouldn't have done the crime if they don't like the conditions or sentence.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

53 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

Hog wash 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

Yes, but so do the ones that could have gotten the vaccines that have been given to prisoners & illegals. They have families & friends too. Not saying they shouldn’t get it but let them wait. 

I think people are missing the point of how to control the pandemic. Everyone needs to be vaccinated and those in close quarters especially as it spreads so easily and will escape into the community easily. Other than a few who jump ahead you need to allow health personnel decide how best to proceed. I do agree we need a national strategy as state lines are a blur and we do not live in isolation. Kindness to our fellow man. Not one of us is perfect or never made a mistake. If so certainly go to the head of the line. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, d9704011 said:

But can’t they wait until after the 65+ and first responders are vaccinated?  Why should they get priority over the general public?  

M8

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Do you know if all in nursing homes/care facilities have been vaccinated? 

Have the individuals that reside in FL long term care had their vaccines yet?  

It seems as though they are having a hard time getting it to the general public from what I read here and in the press.  I am wondering if all front line staff at Hospitals, care centres, first responds etc have had their opportunity to be vaccinated on top of LTC residents. Seems like a cluster “f” to me.

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1

In our county they have vaccinated the front line workers and are doing the LTC residents.  That is why they don't have the reservation system for the 65+ set up yet.  When they first mentioned the vaccine I didn't expect to be vaccinated before April, now it looks like it will be sooner so I am happy.  I think part of the problem is that once it was announced people thought they would get appointments the first day.  It takes awhile since people have to be observed for 15-20 minutes after the shot and Florida has a lot of people over 65.  There are 30,000 just in our county.  

1 hour ago, ace2542 said:

At least with the 2 shot dose the vaccine can't be stolen by what criminal or gangs like your bloods or crips or MS13 and sold on the streets for what bucks a pop? As you need both doses on a timeframe there would be no point to buying a stolen shot. Theft might be a danger with the single shot johnson and johnson vaccine.

Anyone who would buy "black market" vaccine is an idiot plain and simple. First off, no criminal is going to store it properly so it is most likely going to be worthless when you inject it into yourself. Secondly, why would criminals bother to obtain the stuff? They can just fill vials with saline and sell to the above referenced idiots.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Have the individuals that reside in FL long term care had their vaccines yet?  

It seems as though they are having a hard time getting it to the general public from what I read here and in the press.  I am wondering if all front line staff at Hospitals, care centres, first responds etc have had their opportunity to be vaccinated on top of LTC residents. Seems like a cluster “f” to me.

Not sure. I think it has to do with the refrigeration required. 

33 minutes ago, cruising sister said:

I think people are missing the point of how to control the pandemic. Everyone needs to be vaccinated and those in close quarters especially as it spreads so easily and will escape into the community easily. Other than a few who jump ahead you need to allow health personnel decide how best to proceed. I do agree we need a national strategy as state lines are a blur and we do not live in isolation. Kindness to our fellow man. Not one of us is perfect or never made a mistake. If so certainly go to the head of the line. 

That will only happen when politicians and lawyers turn medicine back over to doctors.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Not sure. I think it has to do with the refrigeration required. 

The Pfizer vaccine can be out of the deep freeze for 4 days prior to use and the Moderna vaccine I believe is good for 30 days after. Most standard freezers are perfectly fine for the Moderna vaccine.

• Thanks 1