If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

The problem is so many people want instant satisfaction.  There is no way to give out 40.3 million shots the first day or even the first month.  It is like any new hot tech item.  If you wait a little bit you can get one without having to wait in a long line.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Have the individuals that reside in FL long term care had their vaccines yet?  

It seems as though they are having a hard time getting it to the general public from what I read here and in the press.  I am wondering if all front line staff at Hospitals, care centres, first responds etc have had their opportunity to be vaccinated on top of LTC residents. Seems like a cluster “f” to me.

In Georgia the rural areas with the highest death rate received more vaccines per capita than the Metro area of Atlanta counties. The governor said a lot are Sitting unused because they do not want the vaccine and now are making plans to move the initial allocation to those counties that have waiting lists. They also are allowing 65 plus to receive the vaccine. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ace2542 said:

At least with the 2 shot dose the vaccine can't be stolen by what criminal or gangs like your bloods or crips or MS13 and sold on the streets for what bucks a pop? As you need both doses on a timeframe there would be no point to buying a stolen shot. Theft might be a danger with the single shot johnson and johnson vaccine.

You have MS13 in the UK?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ace2542 said:

At least with the 2 shot dose the vaccine can't be stolen by what criminal or gangs like your bloods or crips or MS13 and sold on the streets for what bucks a pop? As you need both doses on a timeframe there would be no point to buying a stolen shot. Theft might be a danger with the single shot johnson and johnson vaccine.

You are a real tool

• Like 1

1 hour ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Do you know if all in nursing homes/care facilities have been vaccinated? 

My BIL's facility gets shots on Sunday morning.  It was supposed to be this week, but there was a SNAFU with CVS

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

My BIL's facility gets shots on Sunday morning.  It was supposed to be this week, but there was a SNAFU with CVS

CVS seems to be having a lot of snafus with distribution.  Two facilities I know of have been pushed back two weeks because of CVS issues.

1 minute ago, reallyitsmema said:

CVS seems to be having a lot of snafus with distribution.  Two facilities I know of have been pushed back two weeks because of CVS issues.

They need to set up clinics in some of these vaccant big box stores.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

They need to set up clinics in some of these vaccant big box stores.

That would work for general public, not assisted living or nursing homes.  They are supposed to be coming into the facilities but gave dates and then have now changed them.  Facility that was going first doesn't have a date last I heard and other facility is in two weeks.  Will hear more on next family Zoom call.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

That would work for general public, not assisted living or nursing homes.  They are supposed to be coming into the facilities but gave dates and then have now changed them.  Facility that was going first doesn't have a date last I heard and other facility is in two weeks.  Will hear more on next family Zoom call.

Absolutely, I was just referring to the eventual vaccination of the general public.

They had a tent set up last week at BIL's facility that I assume was the staging area for staff and care givers, but it disappeared as soon as it went up. Hopefully the weather is nice Sunday

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Absolutely, I was just referring to the eventual vaccination of the general public.

They had a tent set up last week at BIL's facility that I assume was the staging area for staff and care givers, but it disappeared as soon as it went up. Hopefully the weather is nice Sunday

Tent won't cut it up here at this time of year, unfortunately. 😄  They are going to do it in the memory care unit as that is safer for that area.  They will do it in the private dining room for the assisted living and independent living as long as the facility remains covid free.  Not sure what they will do if they go back on lockdown in their rooms.  No residents have had covid in this facility the whole time but they had four staff positives after Thanksgiving.  All have now had multiple rapid tests and are negative and just had their second PCR tests showing negative.  It is amazing that none of the residents ended up positive.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Hey we agree.  Distribution should have been set up and paid for by the federal government.  Why wasn't it?

Yea right, state's haven't been all that receptive of taking orders from DC lately

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Well in my neck of the woods in the US they are only offering moderna and Pfizer.  Makes sense.  Majority of vaccines are given in multiple staged doses.  So gangs are running around stealing vaccines?  And they have equipment ready in case of a reaction?  And they have the software ready to log in that they received/gave vaccine?  You watch too many American movies my friend.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

You have MS13 in the UK?

No not so far as I am aware. But it is the only gang in the U.S I know apart from the bloods and crips and they have  done a lot of bad stuff in America haven't they. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

No not so far as I am aware. But it is the only gang in the U.S I know apart from the bloods and crips and they have  done a lot of bad stuff in America haven't they. 

You need to expand your horizons.  Here is a documentary on another gang in the US (not the Mafia):

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11902980/

6 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

Well in my neck of the woods in the US they are only offering moderna and Pfizer.  Makes sense.  Majority of vaccines are given in multiple staged doses.  So gangs are running around stealing vaccines?  And they have equipment ready in case of a reaction?  And they have the software ready to log in that they received/gave vaccine?  You watch too many American movies my friend.

The fact it is  a multi staged vaccine eliminates the possibility of theft altogether. You can't get the second without showing you have had the first. Look at this woman who left it out to rot. If had been single shot johnson and johnson vaccine could she have sold it to someone instead. 500 vials for a thousand bucks in her pocket? Question can the person buying it for a thousand bucks sell it for more?

In David Abel's hometown of Northampton. (I mention him because we all know who he is but Northampton it is not a nice place sorry but it isn't). Police received reports of every single bottle of hand gel being stolen from inside the hospital even from the end of patients beds. So by extension of that do you not think that if in a single shot the vaccine would not be stolen in the same way. I can well imagine 100 vials being stolen from a doctor's office and sold on the streets that night. It is pure profit.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

The fact it is  a multi staged vaccine eliminates the possibility of theft altogether. You can't get the second without showing you have had the first. Look at this woman who left it out to rot. If had been single shot johnson and johnson vaccine could she have sold it to someone instead. 500 vials for a thousand bucks in her pocket? Question can the person buying it for a thousand bucks sell it for more?

In David Abel's hometown of Northampton. (I mention him because we all know who he is but Northampton it is not a nice place sorry but it isn't). Police received reports of every single bottle of hand gel being stolen from inside the hospital even from the end of patients beds. So by extension of that do you not think that if in a single shot the vaccine would not be stolen in the same way. I can well imagine 100 vials being stolen from a doctor's office and sold on the streets that night. It is pure profit.

I disagree.  It's cheaper to inject someone with saline than stealing medicine.  And do you really think someone will get a vaccine from a street person rather than a doctor?  I work in the inner city and most the people I talk to are afraid of taking the vaccine because of the lack of trust.  I cannot imagine them getting a back alley vaccine.  And for a rich person to get it black market like for instance a celebrity, they are the idiots that would make it a market.  This is all speculation though.  This will not happen.  It sounds like a movie plot.

Edited by jean87510
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

I disagree.  It's cheaper to inject someone with saline than stealing medicine.  And do you really think someone will get a vaccine from a street person rather than a doctor?  I work in the inner city and most the people I talk to are afraid of taking the vaccine because of the lack of trust.  I cannot imagine them getting a back alley vaccine.  And for a rich person to get it black market like for instance a celebrity, they are the idiots that would make it a market.  This is all speculation though.  This will not happen.  It sounds like a movie plot.

But you have to store the saline and produce the vials and whatever wouldn't you? And I have heard stories offering bribes to doctors of upto 2000 bucks to get it now ahead of the line. So yes I do believe it. Not massive quantity maybe but could someone steal 100 vials and sell them 20 bucks a pop or 20 pounds a pop. 2000 thousand bucks or pounds of pure profit. Or even just someone so worried they break into the doctor and steal a couple of vials for their parents in group 6 who won't get it till April. The problem anyone who buys/steals it might have is proving they have had the vaccine. And 2 shot vaccine eliminates that possibility because you would struggle to get the second shot in the timeframe so there would be no point.

Edited by ace2542

24 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

You need to expand your horizons.  Here is a documentary on another gang in the US (not the Mafia):

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11902980/

I am sure they have a number of gangs. We have of famous ones. The krays for instance. And there was a gang leader in liverpool who got a pardon of the home secretary of his time by co-operating with the police over the seizure of weapons caches apparently controlled by other criminals in the city in the late 90s ergo making him a so called "supergrass". Only problem was the guns where his and he came up with the scheme himself! 😲😮🤣. I do like that it makes me smile.

27 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

But you have to store the saline and produce the vials and whatever wouldn't you? And I have heard stories offering bribes to doctors of upto 2000 bucks to get it now ahead of the line. So yes I do believe it. Not massive quantity maybe but could someone steal 100 vials and sell them 20 bucks a pop or 20 pounds a pop. 2000 thousand bucks or pounds of pure profit. Or even just someone so worried they break into the doctor and steal a couple of vials for their parents in group 6 who won't get it till April. The problem anyone who buys/steals it might have is proving they have had the vaccine. And 2 shot vaccine eliminates that possibility because you would struggle to get the second shot in the timeframe so there would be no point.

Just become a Politician and jump the line although you don’t meet the current requirements. 😎

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 1