If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

1 hour ago, Yorkvillain said:

Rule #1 of public message boards is to inject politics into any topic - whether it’s a discussion about sideburns trends, pumpernickel bagels, kitten costumes or yes, even cruising. 

20210102_081446.thumb.jpg.fec4075c33e2058055caee67c1fe83a2.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, cruising sister said:

We don’t need to put politics in everything. This is an infectious disease. I am a lifelong liberal who for the past 9 months has never once asked a patients political ideology before I treated them. I am glad we live in a country where we can have different views. Stop being mean. Kindness goes a lot farther in this trying times. 

Common sense would go a lot further than kindness.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jean87510 said:

then why vaccinate?  Does that make sense honestly?  As soon as it enters your body, your immune system attacks it.  The vaccine will give you antibodies to attack it.  I think it will work as any other vaccine does.  It doesn't make sense that a person vaccinated would spread it.  

The why doesn't the great sage Fauci come out and say it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jean87510 said:

then why vaccinate?  Does that make sense honestly?  As soon as it enters your body, your immune system attacks it.  The vaccine will give you antibodies to attack it.  I think it will work as any other vaccine does.  It doesn't make sense that a person vaccinated would spread it.  

To, hopefully, at least protect yourself.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, yogimax said:

What in the world does that have to do with cruising?  

Thanks for  pointing that out.  Read the thread -- most of it has nothing to do with cruising.  I was just replying to another post.  

Why don't you call out the 95% of the other posts that have nothing to do with cruising?  You would be pretty busy.  🍷

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Yorkvillain said:

Several criminals have been on a cruise before - mostly the ones in maximum security prisons. 

There are cruises at maximum security prisons??

Just trying to keep up the studied misinterpretation of what people are trying to say!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Yorkvillain said:

Rule #1 of public message boards is to inject politics into any topic - whether it’s a discussion about sideburns trends, pumpernickel bagels, kitten costumes or yes, even cruising. 

Hey. Just want to say I love pumpernickel bagels.  I was born in Manhattan and grew up in Queens. 

😉

8 hours ago, jean87510 said:

...... It doesn't make sense that a person vaccinated would spread it.  

Just more risky behavior. It’s an unknown if someone who is vaccinated can spread it or not. Are you really in the medical field?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

Wow! This is one thread, though not the only one, that has degenerated into absolute mindless twaddle. The moderator must be on an extended hiatus. 

Without mindless twaddle threads there pretty much wouldn’t be a CC for the time being.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, yogimax said:

No more no less than any other thread on CC anytime CV19 is mentioned. You have the one side living in constant fear and doom/gloom and another side trying to make the best of a crappy situation. 

Which side are you on? 😇

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Just more risky behavior. It’s an unknown if someone who is vaccinated can spread it or not. Are you really in the medical field?

why dont you read what I originally responded to before you attack?  And research what vaccines are supposed to do in general.  What risky behavior did I state I was doing?  I get a vaccine?  I have to be careful this month NOT to get covid bsfore my 2nd dose as the pharmacist told me?  

12 hours ago, jean87510 said:

It doesn't make sense that a person vaccinated would spread it

I think it was this statement that we question. I don’t know that there is any data that says on way or the other. I have “read” that it’s possible to be vaccinated and spread CV19. Don’t know if it’s true or not. 

M8

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I think it was this statement that we question. I don’t know that there is any data that says on way or the other. I have “read” that it’s possible to be vaccinated and spread CV19. Don’t know if it’s true or not. 

M8

got it.  its my opinion it doesn't spread because it doesn't make sense to waste money and effort to vaccinate if you can "get" the virus and then still have the virus to spread.  I read with Moderna and the pharmacist who injected me concurred, that you are 50% protected until you get the 2nd dose.  Can you still spread it afterwards?  In my opinion, no.  But since I have to gown, mask and goggle/face shield at work as well as glove, I will be protected this way as well and protecting others until Im told not to by work.  In my regular life, only places I go to that are dangerous are church and the gym and both I sit away from people and mask.  I order all my food to be put in my car.  I buy from Amazon.  I visit no one.  4 of our family of 7 are in the medical field.  2 kids work in retail during college since its virtual now.  Husband lives out of state and flies home every other weekend.  I am a pediatric RN.  None of us have or had covid yet because we were careful and perhaps lucky. 

Edited by jean87510
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

got it.  its my opinion it doesn't spread because it doesn't make sense to waste money and effort to vaccinate if you can "get" the virus and then still have the virus to spread.  I read with Moderna and the pharmacist who injected me concurred, that you are 50% protected until you get the 2nd dose.  Can you still spread it afterwards?  In my opinion, no.  But since I have to gown, mask and goggle/face shield at work as well as glove, I will be protected this way as well and protecting others until Im told not to by work.  In my regular life, only places I go to that are dangerous are church and the gym and both I sit away from people and mask.  I order all my food to be put in my car.  I buy from Amazon.  I visit no one.  4 of our family of 7 are in the medical field.  2 kids work in retail during college since its virtual now.  Husband lives out of state and flies home every other weekend.  I am a pediatric RN.  None of us have or had covid yet because we were careful and perhaps lucky. 

So it’s just your opinion....  got it. 

My opinion, I don’t know.  I sure wouldn’t trust a Pharmacist for medical opinions.  My opinion. 

M8

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, yogimax said:

Well, the Coronavirus is inseparable from all aspects of life.  It is especially topical to cruising as, in fact, cruises are not taking place because of...the Coronavirus.  To wit, the Coronavirus Vaccine is also topical to cruising, more explicitly, the resumption of cruising.  To continue the cognitive relationship of the comments, it seems ironic to some that prisoners (2.3 million in the USA with 1,600 virus deaths), are, in some states, at the "front of the line."  So, in the factual sequence of our lives today and since the virus, IMO that's what prisoners have to do with cruising.  🤨

11 hours ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

Wow! This is one thread, though not the only one, that has degenerated into absolute mindless twaddle. The moderator must be on an extended hiatus. 

After a read of reply to the above, and moving on to this, if one believes such is inconsonant with the cruising forum, I believe that the TOS do not require any or all members to read any or all threads or posts.  Also, as a comparative inquiry, what does the above post offer to the cruising world that is other than mindless twaddle?  🙄

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

Impressive that somebody can use phrases such as ‘cognitive relationship’ and ‘comparative inquiry’ and still be a shining example of inanity and a ground spring of mindless twaddle.

It's odd how often it is expressed that words well composed, but other than "is, and, and the" perplex, draw false praise, then retort from the mossNo?

In this instance, IMO try sticking with your cruise related, awe inspiring and intellectual contributions regarding virus death risk expertise while, not cruising, rather while skiing (inane, ground spring of mindless twaddle) LOL.  😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1