Will Royal follow soon?

I hope not but I realistically don't see any cruises leaving from the US before before spring 2021 at the earliest. I was supposed to be on Symphony right now for 2 weeks and had 2 more cruises booked for late November/first of December 2020 so Covid will have cost me 4 cruises if the winter ones don't go.:( 

• Like 1

It's probably just me, but I wouldn't want to wait for them to cancel my cruise.  Given my experience with them, they will wait until they have your money so they can offer FCC or make you jump through all kinds of hoops to get a refund.  I tend to not let other people use my money for next to nothing unless it is unavoidable.  Seems a better approach would be to assume the cruise isn't happening and get my money back.  If it does happen, I can always purchase at the last minute.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TC1957 said:

It's probably just me, but I wouldn't want to wait for them to cancel my cruise.  Given my experience with them, they will wait until they have your money so they can offer FCC or make you jump through all kinds of hoops to get a refund.  I tend to not let other people use my money for next to nothing unless it is unavoidable.  Seems a better approach would be to assume the cruise isn't happening and get my money back.  If it does happen, I can always purchase at the last minute.

Celebrity canceled our March 2020 B2B cruise after our December final payment due date that we paid. Final payment was before all this CV-19 crap. Then Celebrity canceled our September 2020 cruise before our June final payment due date. Took 64 days and no jumping thru hoops to get our 100% refund for the canceled March B2B cruise and 30 days without jumping thru hoops to get 100% of our non refundable deposit back for the canceled September cruise.  

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

The answer is YES, the question is how long it will take for them to get that far. I expect Nov to be canceled around Sept 15 and Dec to be canceled around Oct 15. They will not reach to the XMas and NYE cruises until the last minute they can. Those are big money cruises that they are hoping can get going.

3 minutes ago, Icesk8rReedy said:

I would not count on any sailings the rest of the year.  I am doubting my April 2021 cruise happens.

Agree.  I'm not even looking or doing mock bookings before Summer 2021.  That may even be optimistic, but no one knows at this point.

3 minutes ago, Crazy planning mom said:

April is a long way off.  Still optimistic for spring/summer 2021. 

I'm trying to stay optimistic but it's so hard right now with all we're seeing.  There might be sailing by April 2021 but probably on;y a few ports and odds of Galveston being one is slim. 

23 minutes ago, TC1957 said:

The only "hoop" I have experienced is time. And, if the FCC holds its value, there is a 25% return on your money. I have a couple and will wait till closer to years end to decide whether to convert them to $$ or not. If you have a non-refundable deposit, making final payment and waiting for them to cancel is the only way to get your money back -- unless you were lucky enough to have them cancel before final payment which has only happened a few times. . 

mac_tlc

I recently cancelled my B2B at the end on November and beginning of December.  Even if they did sail, I want to wait to see what happens.  My next cruise is in February, and I am not sure if Royal will start sailing by then.  I fell lucky that I at least did six Royal cruises in 2020.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, TC1957 said:

Just had them cancel 2 Cruises in July and recieved refund in 3 weeks. I canceled another myself, took one extra day for a FCC. Canceled another week earlier and took 15 days for my FCC. And these were online cancelations, didnt even call them

17 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Just had them cancel 2 Cruises in July and recieved refund in 3 weeks. I canceled another myself, took one extra day for a FCC. Canceled another week earlier and took 15 days for my FCC. And these were online cancelations, didnt even call them

I am still waiting for the last $84.46 from our May Transatlantic cruise that was cancelled March 24th. The first partial refund to our credit card  wasn't until June 10th. 

See several people bragging about getting a refund in anywhere from 15 to 64 days.  We booked a land vacation costing more than our last two cruises combined (7 day and 9 day cruises...including air and hotel before and after).  It was paid in full when the hotel in the package closed due to COVID-19 (which cancelled the entire trip).  Got the email notice of cancellation in the morning...TA requested a refund that afternoon (we DID NOT pay the TA and let them pay the company)...credit hit our card the next morning.

FYI...a 3 week delay sucks.

Edited by TC1957
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, jwc1027 said:

I'm afraid we can wave good-bye to cruises out of U.S. for 2020 and first half of 2021 is looking suspect so the industry has to be hurting with each new month of delays.

I've done a L/S for my March & May 2021 RCI cruises...still hoping for my July 30, 2021 X cruise.

I think so and it's one reason we cancelled our Nov b2b on Harmony.  I'd rather not make final payment and then have to wait for refund.  But that said, we have 7 cruises booked between May 2021 and April 2022 now.  Hope springs eternal.

On 8/11/2020 at 3:25 PM, bigrednole said:

The answer is YES, the question is how long it will take for them to get that far. I expect Nov to be canceled around Sept 15 and Dec to be canceled around Oct 15. They will not reach to the XMas and NYE cruises until the last minute they can. Those are big money cruises that they are hoping can get going.

Hearing the word YES perked me up. WHEN is the big question. I have had five cruises cancelled (March, May, June, August, October) and I have a cruise booked for NYE. Here's the hard facts for us: My husband is going to be 80 next January and has had multiple extra chances at life since last November due to heart issues. I am trying to stay optimistic but I may face the reality that we will never cruise again. It could happen.