How Likely Are You to Cruise After Sail Panel Announcement?

Kokomo91165

How Likely Are You to Cruise After Sail Panel Announcement?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. How Likely Are You to Cruise After Sail Panel Announcement?

• More Likely
    • Less Likely
    • Same
    • Not at All

With today’s Healthy Sail Panel announcement, it looks like cruising as we once knew it is gone (as is most things with Covid).

Based on what we know now from today’s announcement (Mandate on masks, bubble shore excursions only, probably testing at own expense), how likely are you to consider cruising as your next vacation?

23 minutes ago, Kokomo91165 said:

With today’s Healthy Sail Panel announcement, it looks like cruising as we once knew it is gone (as is most things with Covid).

Based on what we know now from today’s announcement (Mandate on masks, bubble shore excursions only, probably testing at own expense), how likely are you to consider cruising as your next vacation?

Masks, social distancing, no roaming the ports, means no cruising for us.  We are in Vegas every other month, place is a pain in the a**, only go to visit mother in law and not worth leaving Summerlin.  Look at England.  Lockdowns, masks, distancing and second wave now hitting. Time to let nature take it's course. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Kokomo91165 said:

Mandate on masks, bubble shore excursions only, probably testing at own expense.

Add to that... how in the world would they enact social distancing on the pool deck.  And you have to wear a mask while at the pool? 

The entire family just gave me a big thumbs down if those are the rules for our Spring Break cruise.  We'll be back, but after these safety protocols are relaxed.   

For the record, I'm not disagreeing / disputing that they're effective... I'm just not going to shell out $10K for this type of experience.

• Like 11

I voted "not at all"

Will anything on that announcement absolutely prevent Covid from getting on board?

Or is the announcement filled with bandaids, the same bandaids used on land with now increasing numbers worldwide, on how they hope to mitigate Covid when someone tests positive?

• Like 2

Unfortunately, it doesn't matter a whole lot what precautions they take.  If just one person gets Covid-19 while on our cruise, I won't have a guarantee that they won't quarantine the whole ship.  We're still working and can't miss 14+ days of our jobs.  We'll have to wait for a vaccine that has been widely distributed.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kokomo91165 said:

(Mandate on masks, bubble shore excursions only, probably testing at own expense), 

Masks, limits on port activities, etc - count us out.  We aren't afraid of covid, but not interested in that experience.  Also not interested in being locked up on a prison ship if there are positive tests.

We've made other plans for next winter.  Cruising is dead to us until it's somewhat normal, regardless how long that may be.

Edited by bouhunter
  • Like 5

If they had a cruise that leaves right now I would get on it. Wearing a mask while walking around is something I already do. No big deal for me. They have better air filtration, i wont have to sit with anyone else at dinner, and the testing while not fool proof will be very helpful. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

Masks, limits on port activities, etc - count us out.  We aren't afraid of covid, but not interested in that experience.  Also not interested in being locked up on a prison ship if there are positive tests.

We've made other plans for next winter.  Cruising is dead to us until it's somewhat normal, regardless how long that may be.

That is exactly what it would feel like,a prison ship.Can you imagine people not being allowed to leave their cabins ? Perhaps an opening in the door to get meals.

• Like 1

We will not be cruising under those conditions. We also will not cruise again until there several months of multiple cruises with no mass quarantines on the ships. We have taken over 20 cruises, but there are plenty of other vacation options besides cruises. We just returned from a week in Colorado and had a great time and are planning on more trips around the U S in the next year.

• Like 2

Have 4 cruises reserved in 2021 and half are paid for in full with extras (booze, dining, pictures, etc). If a mask is required, I will be canceling.

One I need the booze package and my September I owe the remaining.

I will not be micromanaged on vacation.

• Like 3

Zero chance I'm getting on an airplane or cruise ship until there is a vaccine or treatment that has been proven effective.  My decision isn't based on what cruise lines or airlines publish as their mitigation procedures.  They're laudable, but the undeniable fact is you're going to be in close proximity in an environment already clearly demonstrated to be good at aerosol transmission.

I dearly miss cruising, but no thanks for now.  FWIW, I have cruises booked for 5/21, 12/21, 1/22 and 4/22... but who the heck knows what things will look like as we close in on those dates.

Edited by mk-ultra
  • Like 2

I’m in. No different than a land vacation where masks are required inside generally everywhere now. I’m not sure why people think masks are being required outside/ at the pool. Clearly says that is not the case. 

Plus testing before boarding makes it much, much safer than eating at a restaurant or even going to the grocery store. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mk-ultra said:

Zero chance I'm getting on an airplane or cruise ship until there is a vaccine or treatment that has been proven effective. 

I feel the same way.

Hope is wonderful, but my guess is no cruising until a safe and effective vaccine is available.

• Like 1

Looks like my 10 cruises in 2021 may not happen, four B2B and longer length sails....

TOO much to Ask......

I pay for covid test

I cannot Walk Around a Port

I must use a ship tour

I must wear a mask

Sorry RC.... but I will save a LOT of money in 2021, maybe I’ll buy me a new Caddy.....

Maybe in 2022 if things get back to the real normal

• Like 3

I voted not at all, but it is actually the same as before. We won't cruise till there is an effective vaccine and a cruise is actually a vacation.  I have no desire to get on a ship just to get on one. I want the whole experience for my dollars.

There are so many more places to explore in this world that I can easily wait until a cruise is an actual cruise.   I heard a prediction today from someone in the industry that with the vaccine (if effective,) life should be pretty much back to normal by late 2022.  I can find places to explore until then. 2 years is really just a blip in life.

Count us out until things go back to normal.  These restrictions will not make for a good time, plus, the cruise lines are going to have to jack up the prices significantly to cover their costs (don't blame them for that).

• Like 1

I am not paying the same money for less of an experience -no port access unless I shell out $$$ for my family of four is the biggest offender. If the shore excursions were cheaper and the price of the cruise itself I may consider it, but not at the current rates.

6 hours ago, Kokomo91165 said:

I didn't bother to vote because you didn't provide enough options. It's not as cut and dry as you think it is or want it to be. I believe my comment is self explanatory.

Due to other health issues, I cannot subject myself to unnecessary nasal swab testing (I’ve been successful so far), so I’m out until other testing methods are more widely used.  I also think there’s too much emphasis on testing as a prevention method. So I go get tested on a Tuesday and depart on Saturday, with a negative test. Who’s to say I don’t contract Covid in the days between the test and boarding?  

I also think the bubble excursions would be a strong push for me not to go. And shorter cruises are a definite no-go. It’s not worth the airline and hotel costs to go for anything shorter than seven days.

Just praying that by the time we get past this coming winter and spring we have better control and things can start to swing back to normal.

• Like 2