Governor Just Opened Florida

6 minutes ago, Pratique said:

Explain North Dakota to me. No restrictions and cases are off the charts. Are they just stupid? That won't happen in Florida?

I don’t follow North Dakota. I don’t fear monger. I try to enjoy life the best I can in today’s COVID19 environment. I avoid circumstances that might cause a problem. It’s like we have done before COVID19, certain areas  (high crime)  we avoid and try not drive through or stop. Apply the same now to COVID19. Take care of yourself. Be responsible for you. 

M8

• Like 6

6 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

All lives matter or at least they should. Everybody has friends, family, or acquaintances who fall in to the high risk category.  I'm stunned at all the people who are selfish enough to think "I probably won't die from it so let everybody else worry about themselves".

So, the elderly and at risk should STAY AWAY FROM OTHERS.  As simple as wearing a mask.

Edited by bouhunter
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I don’t follow North Dakota. I don’t fear monger. I try to enjoy life the best I can in today’s COVID19 environment. I avoid circumstances that might cause a problem. It’s like we have done before COVID19, certain areas  (high crime)  we avoid and try not drive through or stop. Apply the same now to COVID19. Take care of yourself. Be responsible for you. 

M8

So like I said, you're just ignoring what you don't care about.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Pratique said:

So like I said, you're just ignoring what you don't care about.

I have no clue what you mean. I worry about my family and friends. I’m concerned about the environment I place myself in. Not planning any trips to North Dakota so right now, it has very little to do with my space. You traveling to North Dakota?  

Since this is a cruise site, I will not be the first on a cruise ship. I’m afraid the same people who fear monger here are going to get this thread deleted too. And it’s the same handful of people. 

Be responsible for you. 

M8

• Like 7

15 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Still waiting for that spike. Maybe it was the rainy weather. 

Maybe mask wearing and social distancing really work. 

Generally speaking, people are smarter now thN they were 6 months ago. The country as a whole i mean.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HBE4 said:

Maybe mask wearing and social distancing really work. 

Generally speaking, people are smarter now thN they were 6 months ago. The country as a whole i mean.

I’m not a fan of the beach but if I went, I would probably not wear a mask as long as I could avoid others in close proximity. I don’t wear a mask in my car either. 

6 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I have no clue what you mean. I worry about my family and friends. I’m concerned about the environment I place myself in. Not planning any trips to North Dakota so right now, it has very little to do with my space. You traveling to North Dakota?  

Since this is a cruise site, I will not be the first on a cruise ship. I’m afraid the same people who fear monger here are going to get this thread deleted too. And it’s the same handful of people. 

Be responsible for you. 

M8

My point is that you are one to say look at the data not what the media is reporting. I look at the data and see a spike in some states that have no restrictions. This must be the result of behavior. What else could it be? The virus doesn't care where you live, it will behave the same way everywhere.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I think most of us here have learned to live (safe) in the COVID19 times. Avoid indoor areas or wear a mask. Don’t get close to people not in your bubble.  After the a Governor’s order, I went to Publix and Sams. I only saw one couple with their mask pulled down on their chin. They both had a 7/11 Slurpee and when confronted about their mask, told the attendant they were doing their drink. I avoided them while shopping. The media takes data and twists it to meet their agenda. It’s too bad so many fall for it. 

If you live in an area where people live on top of each other, then due diligence is required. 

M8

Exactly.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Be responsible for you. 

M8

👍

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pratique said:

My point is that you are one to say look at the data not what the media is reporting. I look at the data and see a spike in some states that have no restrictions. This must be the result of behavior. What else could it be? The virus doesn't care where you live, it will behave the same way everywhere.

I agree except the virus behaves differently depending on your age and morbidities. Be responsible for you. 

Peace

M8

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I’m not a fan of the beach but if I went, I would probably not wear a mask as long as I could avoid others in close proximity. I don’t wear a mask in my car either. 

I went to the beach several times this summer. Avoided the crowded areas, my spot was at least 10 feet away from others. The only time I wore a mask was when going to the concession stand and bathroom.  Oh, and when walking onto the beach from the car. Even though I was more than 6 feet from strangers, I figured they would feel more comfortable as they were wearing masks. I'm courteous that way.😇

I do have one really comfortable mask that I sometimes wear in the car when I'm running around town, getting in and out of the car every few minutes. But thats rare. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I have never been to the beach more than I have been this year. 10ft social distancing. The life guards came around with a 10ft pole when distance was questionable.  It was the best thing that came out of covid, perhaps not as good as the gin that the Queen is selling to make ends meet at Buckingham Palace. I hope  @grapau27  can report on that after a taste test.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pratique said:

All of the rationalizations here make my head spin. Some people see what they want to see and ignore the rest. If Florida has got this all figured out while other places are going back into lockdowns for the fall, then I'll eat my hat.

Look. Florida will spike. It'll happen. Every place that has even partially re-opened has spiked. The difference is that Florida is opening the lives of people. People can now move freely about. Go to Little League, go to church, have a birthday celebration. People can go back to work. The world has tackled covid and learned a great deal on how to survive it. The Covid death count is extremely small these days as compared to the numbers of the infection rate. The curve was flattened.  The fear that was instilled in us will take many years to subside. For some it may never.

We just all need to be responsible. What works for my family may not work for your family due to the elderly around us. Because of this, your personal level of restriction or mine.... may be different but no doubt required. All of have to be responsible our loved ones. That includes providing for them.  The #staysafe #stayhome mantra of a few months ago can not be the mantra we live by. #beresponsible is the new #stayhome

• Like 8

If anybody cares about actual Florida data, here it is.  Positive cases per day pretty constant in September but deaths have declined daily throughout the month.  Three counties in SE FL, Tampa and Orlando areas are the most affected.  They also happen to include the cruise ports we use.

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/96dd742462124fa0b38ddedb9b25e429

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Pratique said:

You obviously thrive on and enjoy fear.  Enjoy.  Quoting irrelevant statistics in a rural state - too funny. It's all the fear mongers have left since Florida and Texas didn't implode as the media predicted.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, compman9 said:

I notice a lot of caution on this thread. 

It appears the US is ahead of the US in this virus' infection progress, so I will update you on where we are at present.

After a gradual lifting of our lockdown regulations, infections have increased. We are now at a stage where there are more infections than at the peak back in March/April.

However, death rates are tiny. Ten times more people are dying of flu every day that Covid. It is not revealed whether people are dying of or with Covid. Many suspect, there are hardly any dying directly of Covid.

The reason for this is treatment has advanced tremendously, and the vast majority of those infected are young (under 45), who are 99.9% likely to survive.

The UK has knee-jerked into Draconian new measures, all of which will hit the economy for generations to come. The fact is, the working age people of today, will be made to pay for many years, and they are the ones who are 99.9% safe from dying.

We all have our theories on masks, reliability of information, political decisions etc., but they are mostly personal opinion. The two things all know is the vulnerable need to be protected as much as possible and the world's economies also need reactivating as soon as possible. 

The cruise industry will take every precaution available. They have been hopeful for a December/January restart for several months (most that have been paying attention, will know this by now), and any further delays will mean further financial decisions that will leave the industry in tatters.

If we all apply our own version of common sense, using all the information available, and put up with some sensible restrictions (and idiotic political decisions), we will be back on ships soon.

A efective vacination will not solve the problem quickly if and when it comes. Hence my bigest hopes that could bring things back to a new normal faster to replace all the travel restrictions will be fully reliable COVID rapid tests that will be mandatory for arriving at the airport at check-in, upon arrival at the destination airport etc. Same would be for cruiseships, where you take a test before boarding, possily randomly passengers to be selected during the cruise as well and again for everyone at the end of the cruise.

1 hour ago, LouChamp said:

he is a complete idiot

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Positivey suprised your comment was not yet deleted, after all the Governor is a republican 😄

16 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I went to the beach several times this summer. Avoided the crowded areas, my spot was at least 10 feet away from others. The only time I wore a mask was when going to the concession stand and bathroom.  Oh, and when walking onto the beach from the car. Even though I was more than 6 feet from strangers, I figured they would feel more comfortable as they were wearing masks. I'm courteous that way.😇

I do have one really comfortable mask that I sometimes wear in the car when I'm running around town, getting in and out of the car every few minutes. But thats rare. 

And that’s being responsible for you. I like it. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I have never been to the beach more than I have been this year. 10ft social distancing. The life guards came around with a 10ft pole when distance was questionable.

I’m glad you are getting apart but the 10’ pole is ridiculous. Be responsible for you. Don’t depend on anyone else but you. sorry. 

10 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Bad analogy.

SpaceX always comes back down. 😉

20200624_151134.thumb.jpg.226a45a9ab5285186e1e1b3294317fea.jpg

Always

Off topic, but that must be SO cool to be able to watch on a regular basis.  We have considered purchasing a vacation condo in your area just to be able to be close to Kennedy as we have an offspring in the industry. It seems like the perfect area, ships, rockets and ocean.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

You obviously thrive on and enjoy fear.  Enjoy.  Quoting irrelevant statistics in a rural state - too funny. It's all the fear mongers have left since Florida and Texas didn't implode as the media predicted.

It's the media hyping this as if you catch COVID, you are going to die.  It's not practical to stay locked down.  SD never locked down.  Yes, some caught  COVID, but they seem to be doing just fine as a whole.   🍷 

• Like 5