Ship excursions only?

17 hours ago, LXA350 said:

At least the cruislines that started sailing are nforcing this policy very stricktly and even if during such excursions people don't stay within the group they will need to leave the cruise imediately. It happened already several times, I would say propbably on every cruise that sailed at least once.

One family that we know of, has been forced to leave their cruise. Please provide links/info showing any others.

7 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

The health plan rcl submitted to the Cdc earlier week said ship approved/sponsored excursions only for unspecified amount of time.  Just like the cruiselines in europe have been doing since end of July.

There is another post all about the health plan and a link to read the 50+/- pages of proposed protocols when cruising restarts out of us ports.

Are we talking about RC INTERNATIONAL CDC has no Jurisdiction out side the US , South Pacific Islands Do Not have the capacity to do such tour's 😇

Well, I am sure there wont be a trouble to go on excursion with a group taken solely from the ship. I think this excusrions wont be taking place somewhere in the cities or places that are crowded. Most likely there will only be a guide and 5-7 people from the original cruise 

13 minutes ago, Missusdubbya said:

this one:
https://www.carnival.com.au/shore-excursions/mystery-island/advanced-snorkel-adventure-937007

Also could choose glass-bottom boat, a fishing trip with locals etc etc. Royal has similar options.

Sorry they are NOT closed bubble tour's .... You are tended to the port with the rest of the PAX and some crew too , Ya think RCi will Stop there to let 60 pax go snorkling and 2,000 plus and some crew have to stay in port Manning ?

On 9/26/2020 at 12:11 PM, Hogbay said:

RCI has not made any announcement to that at all, MSC in European sailings had that policy .

For us sailing  to South Pacific there are multiple ports that do not have infrastructure for ship sponsored tour at all e.g.. il Depins , Mistry island, Lifou and of course Hog Bay ,AKA Champagne Bay 🙂

21 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

Sorry they are NOT closed bubble tour's .... You are tended to the port with the rest of the PAX and some crew too , Ya think RCi will Stop there to let 60 pax go snorkling and 2,000 plus and some crew have to stay in port Manning ?

It doesn’t matter what I think about likelihood of only ship-sponsored tours at South Pacific ports. I am merely correcting your incorrect statement that such ports do not have any ship-sponsored tours. Facts are important 😝

You’re welcome BTW

• Like 1

Ship only excursions will be a necessary evil for a time while covid is sorted with vaccines/treatments or both.

We have taken ship excursions in the past and they have been fine but our preference is for private tours or even better just to get off and do our own thing.

However ship based excursions are a small price to pay if as part of a set of other measures it helps the cruise lines to get restarted and gets us on the sea again. Personally I would be happy to go on a cruise now and not get off anywhere at all.

We are from the UK and have just booked an Anthem Norwegian fjords for next May- that is the type of cruise where you could enjoy the magnificent scenery and never get off the ship.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hogbay said:

Are we talking about RC INTERNATIONAL CDC has no Jurisdiction out side the US , South Pacific Islands Do Not have the capacity to do such tour's 😇

Rci will have to formulate their health plan with the south Pacific islands but I suspect it will be very similiar to how european cruises are currently being handled and what was proposed to the US CDC to allow cruises to proceed.  

• Like 1

We are okay with the new guidelines  to get the ships back in operation. You've got to crawl before you can walk. Their private islands  will probably be on all the early startups. The ships tours, especially  for first time cruisers will be okay if they lower the prices. I think they probably will to get people to book. They don't have to make a big profit  even if they just get over the break even  margin to get the operation going.  Meals like the open seating breakfasts can use distancing if they open  all decks , not just one. Will also free up more at windjammer. Shows  can also be held in afternoons  and nightly also.  Boarding being staggered and ENFORCED will help and do what some other lines do having all dinning rooms open for open seating lunch doing a lot more distancing then the jammed pack windjammer from noon to 3. Guess we will see what happens in a couple days with CDC. Wishing all good health and hopefully smooth sailing. Nancy & Bob

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Trixie21 said:

Ship only excursions will be a necessary evil for a time while covid is sorted with vaccines/treatments or both.

We have taken ship excursions in the past and they have been fine but our preference is for private tours or even better just to get off and do our own thing.

However ship based excursions are a small price to pay if as part of a set of other measures it helps the cruise lines to get restarted and gets us on the sea again. Personally I would be happy to go on a cruise now and not get off anywhere at all.

We are from the UK and have just booked an Anthem Norwegian fjords for next May- that is the type of cruise where you could enjoy the magnificent scenery and never get off the ship.

We did Norway 4 years ago and did ship tours only because the availability of private tours was slim to none.  Overall we were pleased with the tours and agree with you that it is possible to enjoy the scenery without ever getting off the ship.

15 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm fine with the published restrictions 

Picture this:You board the ship,nobody will be there to take your picture,to offer you a welcome beverage.You will be at the elevator and find that only 4 people will be allowed .Six hours later you arrive at your desired floor.

6 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:
6 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Picture this:You board the ship,nobody will be there to take your picture,to offer you a welcome beverage.You will be at the elevator and find that only 4 people will be allowed .Six hours later you arrive at your desired floor

I never pose for welcome pictures and don’t drink until later in the day.  I will walk to my desired floor, not even checking for a line at the elevator.  Or I could take the always-available elevator to go to my fourth floor condo.  Let’s see,  where would I rather be?  On the ship with whatever restrictions are required is my vote!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I never pose for welcome pictures and don’t drink until later in the day.  I will walk to my desired floor, not even checking for a line at the elevator.  Or I could take the always-available elevator to go to my fourth floor condo.  Let’s see,  where would I rather be?  On the ship with whatever restrictions are required is my vote!

To me ,wearing a mask and being socially distanced is not fun.Not everyone is physically able to walk up stairs or has a condo on a ship,a term I never heard before.

10 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

To me ,wearing a mask and being socially distanced is not fun.Not everyone is physically able to walk up stairs or has a condo on a ship,a term I never heard before.

My point was that I could take an elevator to my condo at home, or I could walk to my cabin on a ship.  I wear a mask and social distance to go to Publix and Wal Mart and, again, I would rather be on a ship.  For me, the restrictions will be worth it.  I know that will not be the case for a lot of people.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

My point was that I could take an elevator to my condo at home, or I could walk to my cabin on a ship.  I wear a mask and social distance to go to Publix and Wal Mart and, again, I would rather be on a ship.  For me, the restrictions will be worth it.  I know that will not be the case for a lot of people.

Aha ,I understand 

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Picture this:You board the ship,nobody will be there to take your picture,to offer you a welcome beverage.You will be at the elevator and find that only 4 people will be allowed .Six hours later you arrive at your desired floor.

Stairs are a challenge for me, but I'll make do

On 9/26/2020 at 5:57 AM, danv3 said:

No ship tour guarantees that level of control if it visits any public place. 

But you can compel your tour operators to screen their employees. And take you to “safer” locations or locations which are equally compelled to screen operators and potentially guests. 

I think this will be used by all cruise lines as the best excuse they could ever have for filling ship tours.They have always known that their tours are twice as expensive as private tours and cannot provide everything the private tour guys do. The only leverage they previously had was trying to scare the bejabbers out of guests with the threat of being left on a private tour if the tour is late returning.

Now they have "government backing". They can flat out tell you that you cannot get off a ship unless you are on a ships tour. I think they ride this horse as long as the paying customer puts up with it. What big shopping ports like Cozumel will do about it I have no idea. We have already had several of our Ovation cruise roll call shipmates out of Singapore drop the cruise because they have been told there will be no private tours allowed.

Doug

• Like 1

On 9/27/2020 at 1:57 PM, John&LaLa said:

Stairs are a challenge for me, but I'll make do

If it means we have a drink together at one of the lounges, I'll carry you up 6-8 stairs John.....no more than that without a drink. 😉

On 9/26/2020 at 8:37 PM, lenquixote66 said:

You will have to deal with all the other restrictions.

I'm fine with all of that.      The only thing I will Not do is wear a mask when I am sunbathing.   If I must do that on my balcony instead of one of the other decks I just hope I'm on the sunny side of the ship for most of the trip.

25 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm fine with all of that.      The only thing I will Not do is wear a mask when I am sunbathing.   If I must do that on my balcony instead of one of the other decks I just hope I'm on the sunny side of the ship for most of the trip.

I was a sun worshipper in my younger days.In the past 13 years I have had 9 skin cancer surgeries.

I will do what I have to in order to use my FCC by the end of next December (really hoping they extend it). After that I will not take a cruise where I am obligated to take a ship excursion for the privilege of getting off the ship. The real losers in that deal are those who need an accessible excursion, since those are in short supply.