My thoughts on Cruising

Gigi11111

I see so much bickering in regards to what is right and wrong with Cruising now.

My thought is if you feel you are nervous to Cruise then DON'T Cruise when they finally resume

Just stay Home or vacation in a way you feel safe

For those of us that are not nervous we can Cruise hopefully soon

My fingers are crossed that my Cruise happens in March

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Gigi11111 said:

I see so much bickering in regards to what is right and wrong with Cruising now.

My thought is if you feel you are nervous to Cruise then DON'T Cruise when they finally resume

Everyone has a right to their opinion. We have a B2B Caribbean cruise booked for March 2021 and currently we feel the cruises will be a go. But until then...

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Gigi11111 said:

Your opinion makes my day, it gets a giant...

image.png.742063fae30e4ad742a643631b8a4844.png

• Like 1

I’d love to see this end ASAP and get back to cruising. 

But until then, we will keep our money to ourselves. 

The big question is how long?  If we nailed this thing down right away, we might be on our epic anniversary trip right now. But we didn’t and it just goes on. 

Open too quickly, and this just keeps going on, and vacation industries will not get a large chunk of their customers for a very long time- how long can they survive with people taking your advice to just stay home?  

I very much hope this is the right time for Florida to open up, but based on recent history and whatnot......  can’t say I exactly trust the governor. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gigi11111 said:

Not a problem for us, we can wait indefinitely before we cruise again until we can do so without wearing a mask. 

My bet is on a Summer 2021 start up with all the precautions previously mentioned plus many more. Sounds like sooooooo much fun lol.

3 minutes ago, alfaeric said:

I’d love to see this end ASAP and get back to cruising. 

But until then, we will keep our money to ourselves. 

The big question is how long?  If we nailed this thing down right away, we might be on our epic anniversary trip right now. But we didn’t and it just goes on. 

Open too quickly, and this just keeps going on, and vacation industries will not get a large chunk of their customers for a very long time- how long can they survive with people taking your advice to just stay home?  

I very much hope this is the right time for Florida to open up, but based on recent history and whatnot......  can’t say I exactly trust the governor. 

Florida reopening will set back cruising for months. 

• Like 5

My guess which is with nothing is cruises restart in the US in late spring but who really knows. Hopefully though by March you will be sailing away because that means we will be sailing away on Oasis in August. [emoji1696]

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gigi11111 said:

For me it has nothing to do with being nervous. If it were then I would never go to work. My concern is whether or not cruising will return as a product that I will enjoy.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

For me it has nothing to do with being nervous. If it were then I would never go to work. My concern is whether or not cruising will return as a product that I will enjoy.
I believe it will. At first it may seem different but people are predicting by late 2021 things will be all the way back to normal. While that sucks in a way, at least it's a time frame to look forward to. I believe in time cruises will look just they did.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Gigi11111 said:

Well, staying home and not going hardly anywhere - for months on end - starts to get a bit old and sort of feels like life is passing you by. Vacationing in a way that you feel safe is, indeed, highly subjective and probably varies from one person to another. Given the anti-masking sector of society, this group is at the far end of the scale in that they'll probably do anything and go anywhere. Then, at the other end, are the true stay-at-home until a guaranteed vaccine shows up group. Everyone else falls somewhere in the middle. Vacationing is a tough call since social distancing / masking is so variable anywhere you go. A cruise ship will be no different. Despite signs and instructions to (probably) be masked - some will, some won't. Similar to not adhering to a formal dress code, they're not going to throw anyone overboard for not putting a mask on. Being on the conservative side, the thought of hundreds of people close together in a MDR on a ship sends a distinct shudder down my spine. The thought of winding up on a quarantined ship is even worse. Nothing might go wrong when cruising re-starts, or everything could go wrong. Crap shoot. Take peoples' temps before embarking?  OK....fine...except that some folks, who don't want to be denied their cruise, even if running a fever will surely dose themselves with NSAID's an hour before getting their temp taken so as to pass through. Wonder how many people over the years have lied on those health screening forms anyway in the terminals. So...in this (at least for now) "new normal".....what is "safe"???

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JAMESCC said:

I believe in time cruises will look just they did.

Probably TOO soon...that's the scary part. I can foresee rather strict adherence by most people (surely not all) to whatever health / safety guidelines are put in place initially, and then, if things are going pretty well, it'll start to get more lax, then a bit more. Case in point - 9/11 - going through probably any airport for a few months afterwards meant very tight TSA security. But a year later, at least at some airports I went through, it was business as usual for the most part. Money is always the final arbiter of what happens or doesn't. 

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Gigi11111 said:

We aren't scared or nervous to cruise.  Just have no interest in masking up for a cruise full of restrictions.  For a while it it NOT going to be what it was.   We're done until 2022 for now.  Had a med cruise booked for October 2021 but RCCL just cancelled that.....    It will be interesting to see how things play out next year.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Gigi11111 said:

You are living in a dream world if you believe that cruising as it was pre pandemic will happen in 2021.

If cruise ships couldn't prevent Norovirus how could they prevent Covid? Fair comparison?

And second question, do you think the Noro was passenger or crew originated?

With rapid tests becoming more widely available I'm hoping that every port staff, ship crew & passenger can be tested before every sailing. United Airlines is now doing this for Hawaii bound flights so that travelers no longer have to self quarantine for 2 weeks in HI. I'm planning a vacation to HI soon now that this is an option.

Edited by flyguyjake
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, flyguyjake said:

If cruise ships couldn't prevent Norovirus how could they prevent Covid? Fair comparison?

And second question, do you think the Noro was passenger or crew originated?

With rapid tests becoming more widely available I'm hoping that every port staff, ship crew & passenger can be tested before every sailing. United Airlines is now doing this for Hawaii bound flights so that travelers no longer have to self quarantine for 2 weeks in HI. I'm planning a vacation to HI soon now that this is an option.

Quite a different era, different time...Noro death rate is almost nil compared to CV-19. If you are planning a HI vacation soon, you'll have to quarantine for 14 days. Enjoy!

7 minutes ago, flyguyjake said:

Not anymore, that's why United Airlines is doing rapid testing before the inbound flights. No more quarantine restrictions.

Quarantine restrictions remain in place until October 15.  We’ll see if that date holds.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Quite a different era, different time...Noro death rate is almost nil compared to CV-19. If you are planning a HI vacation soon, you'll have to quarantine for 14 days. Enjoy!

The point isn't that Noro is not fatal. The point is that some viruses can't be stopped - ever. 

• Like 2