Dining Room Pictures

m8zenblue

LOL------I might get " clobbered " , but, I'll take the " hit ".

I can understand taking a picture of your meal for your own memories, but, why put them on social media sites ?

99.6482 %  of the people probably had the same meal.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pinboy said:

I can understand taking a picture of your meal for your own memories, but, why put them on social media sites ?

I don't do social media but sometimes on this board people ask about various meals and its nice to just see a picture of it.   Don't see a problem with that for future cruises use who have not had the meal. 

17 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

I don't do social media but sometimes on this board people ask about various meals and its nice to just see a picture of it.   Don't see a problem with that for future cruises use who have not had the meal. 

I always chuckle when I see grown adults taking pics of their meal, whevever it may be.  Like we have never seen a lamp chop or piece of cheesecake before.  Obviously just my opinion...so get out them phones and snap away! 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Pinboy said:

No "hit" from me. I completely AGREE!!!!!  After 30 years of cruising recalling  Meals in the MDR that ran from Outstanding to Mediocre at best, I've learned that presentation doesn't have anything to do with the taste. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Texed said:

always helps when there is a rating, good or bad, on the menu item.  😋

Usually I don't pay attention to ratings from other diners because everyone has different tastes.

I will make an exception though when it comes to waffles from a Texan,  even thought they don't have Canadian maple syrup in Texas. 

4 hours ago, Loracpin2 said:

No "hit" from me. I completely AGREE!!!!!  After 30 years of cruising recalling  Meals in the MDR that ran from Outstanding to Mediocre at best, I've learned that presentation doesn't have anything to do with the taste

Presentation may not have anything to do with taste per se, but it certainly does with the perception of taste. Multiple studies have shown that the appearance of food on a plate affects how diners perceive taste. When identical meals are served with and without attention paid to presentation, those served with attractive presentation are consistently rated as being tastier.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Presentation may not have anything to do with taste per se, but it certainly does with the perception of taste. Multiple studies have shown that the appearance of food on a plate affects how diners perceive taste. When identical meals are served with and without attention paid to presentation, those served with attractive presentation are consistently rated as being tastier.

I do not need studies to tell me what I like as far as taste vs my perception.  My mom never plated our dinner in such precise manner, but the food was always damn good.  Look up a few videos of Julia Child you will understand.

Whether on land or sea, I'm a huge food photo taker, and I do it quickly and discretely.  I do not post them.  

When enjoying our pics (sometimes years later), the food & drink shots put us right in the moment, and we chat about them fondly.

Shoot on and enjoy!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BigAl94 said:

Only if it's an outstanding meal with superb presentation, haven't had that experience on a cruise ship for several years now.

We had a superb meal for my birthday on Millennium in January 2018 the chef was Orlando Webb and the pastry chef made me a fabulous cake. May have been because we were in a RS

On 9/28/2020 at 4:06 AM, BigAl94 said:

Only if it's an outstanding meal with superb presentation

We've had lots of 'em over the years and don't even stay in suites.

Geez-- I wish I took 200 pictures and put 'em on here to show everyone. 

Just now, Life Buoy said:

Photos only show presentation. Photos don't indicate the taste of the food. 

Correct--- Also, everyone and every culture has different tastes and food preferences. 

IMO--- The Canadian and European food cultures are quite different from what we've experienced in the US---- it's NOT a negative, just different tastes and food preparation in different areas.

14 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Oh my yes, I’d love to see all 200 🎃 I’ll start with the pumpkin I carved last night.

I don't take pictures of food-- instead,  I eat it.

And besides, my thumb always gets into the picture whenever I take any picture.

Edited by Pinboy
Forgot a point
  • Haha 1