CWC extended till Nov 30

stevea36

8 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Exactly what I was saying we will be really shift faced. I think we all can make pinnacle 

Just saw that the terms still say cruises thru April 2022 so even if the cruises come out before the end of November it looks like you can't shift a November 2021 cruise to November 2022

I was hoping that they would extend the book & sail date into 2022 for the FCC's for a cruise you cancel. Getting difficult to use them before December 31, 2021, especially if the ships will be sailing at reduced capacity. 

I'd like to see them do something reasonable with final payment dates.  We've got a Feb, 2021, with a final payment date of Nov 15.  Getting tired of shifting trips with Royal, Celebrity and Princess.  If something positive doesn't happen soon it might be time to start cutting bait.

5 hours ago, lr657 said:

I was hoping that they would extend the book & sail date into 2022 for the FCC's for a cruise you cancel. Getting difficult to use them before December 31, 2021, especially if the ships will be sailing at reduced capacity. 

I thought you had to book using the FCC by December 31, 2021 and sail by April 30, 2022 now. So you could sail during Christmas break 2021-2022 or even March break 2022.

i guess they changed it back to December 31, 2021. Darn. 

Edited by gnr25

32 minutes ago, gnr25 said:

I thought you had to book using the FCC by December 31, 2021 and sail by April 30, 2022 now. So you could sail during Christmas break 2021-2022 or even March break 2022.

You lost me. I lifted a cruise to dec 2021 and a b2b to the end of march 2022. You can book both as cwc or lift and shift.

Actually turns out if you paid for a cruise with a fcc, you can lift and shift it with the fcc and it's still paid for. Per my ta.

Other than extending cwc, what changes are you referring to?

Edited by firefly333

43 minutes ago, gnr25 said:

There are two different policies.

if you cancel the sailing under CWC you get a FCC that has to be applied by and sailed by Dec 31, 2021

if Royal cancels you can get a FCC that has to be applied by Dec. 31, 2021 but has a sail by date of April 2022

• Like 1

16 hours ago, molly361 said:

Would  be nice if the new releases come out before the end of November.

Exactly, there is a smaller and smaller window of cruises that can be L&S’d. I would move my 5/2021 cruise if there were itineraries available in 2022. 

mac_tlc

• Like 1

16 hours ago, molly361 said:

Just saw that the terms still say cruises thru April 2022 so even if the cruises come out before the end of November it looks like you can't shift a November 2021 cruise to November 2022

That would make using FCCs a bit problematic. 

10 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

There are two different policies.

if you cancel the sailing under CWC you get a FCC that has to be applied by and sailed by Dec 31, 2021

if Royal cancels you can get a FCC that has to be applied by Dec. 31, 2021 but has a sail by date of April 2022

Are you able to use that FCC on a cruise you already have booked?

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

Exactly, there is a smaller and smaller window of cruises that can be L&S’d. I would move my 5/2021 cruise if there were itineraries available in 2022. 

mac_tlc

If past practice (2018, 2019) holds, at least some Spring, 2022, cruises will become available for booking (and probably for Lift and Shift) during the month of October.  Keep checking, "mac_tic."  We need the same good news that you need.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

mac_tlc

Have you tried april 2022? Can be 1 year minus 4 weeks of your may 2021 date. The lift and shift ends april 2022 dates right now. Even if more dates released.