Anyone else just giving up on a cruise for a while?

Duanerice1

On 10/12/2020 at 9:37 PM, Bo1953 said:

Believe me when I tell you, personally I do not think C-19 is a hoax and I do believe as we have friends who have been struck by this disease and a few friends who cannot afford to be struck by it, either.

I take penultimate care when in the office and out in public because there are too many people in our area who just do not care and will not wear masks and/or socially distance.

When I go to unknown places, I call in advance to find out what protocols are in place to shop or visit... if the response is not satisfactory I do not go. In fact I Am known in our town as the guy who will stick his head through the door and decide if it is safe enough to enter i.e. people wearing masks and in some places I want to see people having their temperatures taken, too.

Yours in health and bon voyage

Hello all - the sentence should have read "I Am very cautious when in the office and out in public..."

Sorry for any confusion, this is what happens when I Am in bed and using a tablet that has predictive words and I do not check wording, spelling or syntax before posting.

It is totally my fault for not doing so, for this I accept any and all criticism surrounding the post!

Everyone who questioned the wording/definition in my original post was right in doing so.

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

We are much the same.    We have had a number of dinners delivered to our home but I just don't feel safe dining indoor or outdoor during these times.

j - we have dined outside three (3) times so far and that is coming to a quick end soon due to weather, we always have worn masks with the exception of when we are actually eating.

If we do not cook, then I will do take out and pick it up, which is about once (1x) weekly. I have identified a few of our regular haunts that do not practice good hygiene concerning C-19 for us and will not patronize them again for a long time to come!

Stay safe my friend and look to sail with you sometime soon...

bon voyage

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Everyone who questioned the wording in my original post was right in doing so.

LOL--- That brings back memories--- especially the  " my original post " part .

I can't remember what I had for dinner last night , but, I remember that.

Also, it appears that many "posters " are quite aggressive in their opinions and responses lately.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

LOL--- That brings back memories--- especially the  " my original post " part .

I can't remember what I had for dinner last night , but, I remember that.

Also, it appears that many "posters " are quite aggressive in their opinions and responses lately.

I think many of us have been in quarantine too long without a release valve, to our individual liking of course... LOL

bon voyage

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bo1953 said:

Hello all - the sentence should have read "I Am very cautious when in the office and out in public..."

Sorry for any confusion, this is what happens when I Am in bed and using a tablet that has predictive words and I do not check wording, spelling or syntax before posting.

It is totally my fault for not doing so, for this I accept any and all criticism surrounding the post!

Everyone who questioned the wording/definition in my original post was right in doing so.

bon voyage

Bo- many of us enjoy your posts and would not question their context and content which is usually quite good.  We all have been done in by the auto-correct monster on occasion.  😀  You are a gentlemen to apologize here but really not necessary at all.  Keep well!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

Bo- many of us enjoy your posts and would not question their context and content which is usually quite good.  We all have been done in by the auto-correct monster on occasion.  😀  You are a gentlemen to apologize here but really not necessary at all.  Keep well!

t - Thank you for the kind words... much appreciated, yet for those who did have questions or input I believed it was a good thing to let them know what the issue(s) were...

Not that it will not happen again, yet I will do my best to keep it to a minimum... LOL

Most likely I hit send in a half-sleep situation tossed the tablet aside and woke up to the comments after posting... oh well...

Thank you again and bon voyage

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

And then the general climate is NOT making things better...

w - the specific climate here, today, is 70F and sunny!  😎

Hope it is similar in NYC by you...

bon voyage

3 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

bon voyage

auto correct is not anyone's friend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

We are much the same.    We have had a number of dinners delivered to our home but I just don't feel safe dining indoor or outdoor during these times.

We've been dining indoors and outdoors at restaurants since June.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, nocl said:

auto correct is not anyone's friend.

... nor posting when in bed and sleepy, either. LOL

Then again, there are times when it is, especially if words are substituted that you did not expect... like penultimate...

bon voyage

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bouhunter said:

We've been dining indoors and outdoors at restaurants since June.

We have been doing the same since June, several times a week. We take precautions but refuse to lose a year of our lives living in fear in our basement.  Fortunately we can dine outdoors for most of the Fall and Winter here in South Texas, it was 90 here yesterday.

We have two cruises booked next year and unless they are cancelled by Celebrity we will be on them, even if they go nowhere. 

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, terrydtx said:

We have been doing the same since June, several times a week. We take precautions but refuse to lose a year of our lives living in fear in our basement.  Fortunately we can dine outdoors for most of the Fall and Winter here in South Texas, it was 90 here yesterday.

We have two cruises booked next year and unless they are cancelled by Celebrity we will be on them, even if they go nowhere. 

It's very insulting to word it that way - "living in fear in our basement".  Many people on these boards are at high risk - age, underlying conditions, etc..  They may very well need to "lose a year" of their lives in order to continue living at all!  I personally know someone who has died from the virus, as well as a couple people who have spent weeks in the hospital suffering severely.  Do what you want with cruising, but in the future please consider your wording as not everyone is dealing with the same issues as you are (or are not).

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

It's very insulting to word it that way - "living in fear in our basement".  Many people on these boards are at high risk - age, underlying conditions, etc..  They may very well need to "lose a year" of their lives in order to continue living at all!  I personally know someone who has died from the virus, as well as a couple people who have spent weeks in the hospital suffering severely.  Do what you want with cruising, but in the future please consider your wording as not everyone is dealing with the same issues as you are (or are not).

I agree. Just because someone feels safe going out to restaurants, there is no reason to insult the rest of us, Terrydx, if we don’t. You have zero reason to question our choices or to slam us by intimating we are living in basements. Sheesh, dude, this is a cruising site, not a political one.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, terrydtx said:

"Refuse to lose a year of our lives living in fear in our the basement"...is this DT...come on really!?!  I have been working from home since March 19, my employer mandate, and I am OK with it.  I am working from home and not in the "basement" have an awesome view outdoors, fall is lovely where I live, though I still only dine outdoors.  Will be doing so for the next 6 months at least...thank you my employer for caring!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, terrydtx said:

Oh, yes you are in TX...do you have a basement??

• Haha 2

The reality is that you're just as likely to get Covid at the grocery store as you are anywhere else. Wearing a mask helps but when everyone is touching everything it sort of defeats the purpose.

More important than a vaccine is a cure. Once we have a well established cure in place and readily available it will be just another version of the flu. Even now, we're seeing death rates around 1-2%. Countries in Europe like Italy are at 0.6% mortality rate.

Work on increasing the accuracy of those 15 minute Covid tests and make everyone take one before they get on the ship. That's plenty.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DaCruiseBug said:

The reality is that you're just as likely to get Covid at the grocery store as you are anywhere else. Wearing a mask helps but when everyone is touching everything it sort of defeats the purpose.

More important than a vaccine is a cure. Once we have a well established cure in place and readily available it will be just another version of the flu. Even now, we're seeing death rates around 1-2%. Countries in Europe like Italy are at 0.6% mortality rate.

Work on increasing the accuracy of those 15 minute Covid tests and make everyone take one before they get on the ship. That's plenty.

Dear Arm Chair Doc DaCruiseBug...funny you say, I just got off the phone with Tom Brady, told him how he needs to improve his passing ratio v his mistake on Sunday...work on the accuracy, that's plenty.  Sheesh, really!!!!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Dear Arm Chair Doc DaCruiseBug...funny you say, I just got off the phone with Tom Brady, told him how he needs to improve his passing ratio v his mistake on Sunday...work on the accuracy, that's plenty.  Sheesh, really!!!!

and suggest to  double check which down he's in.

am i the only one who think's he should have retired when he left new england?

ie: retire on top

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/13/2020 at 9:08 PM, Jim_Iain said:

I pulled the plug on our March 2021 Rio / Buenos Aires B2B last night and did a Lift and Shift.   It says that I will receive a confirmation within 72 hours.  

We had also booked an Eastbound TA but so far can't do a Lift and Shift as they haven't released the 2022 TA's yet.

We are waiting for the same. Just don't think the world will be safe enough until 2022. I hope the FCC s will be extended

8 hours ago, DaCruiseBug said:

actually, that’s not accurate information. You are quite unlikely to get COVID from touching surfaces and being in the grocery store as long as you and others are masked. That’s been established for some time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1