P&O Cruise with Confidence

molecrochip

9 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

That suprises me, because one of the protocols on many cruise lines state the mandatory use of face masks. I'm amazed that they weren't compulsory on board when they are everywhere else. 

Avril

Well Avril, perhaps they were exempt. That would do nicely, wouldn't it ?.🤔

• 1 month later...

I almost go thrown out of Tesco recently for asking staff members to please pull their masks over their noses - so many of them didn't have their noses covered, it was frightening.

Also in one or two aisles there were members of staff with no mask at all - when challenged, they said that they were exempt. I spoke to the duty manager about this and suggested that if staff were not wearing masks, they shouldn't be in public facing situation - there must, surely be jobs to be done behind the scenes.

If people not wearing masks or not wearing them correctly want to play fast and lose with their own lives then so be it - but not with mine!

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, Sir Cumference said:

I almost go thrown out of Tesco recently for asking staff members to please pull their masks over their noses - so many of them didn't have their noses covered, it was frightening.

Also in one or two aisles there were members of staff with no mask at all - when challenged, they said that they were exempt. I spoke to the duty manager about this and suggested that if staff were not wearing masks, they shouldn't be in public facing situation - there must, surely be jobs to be done behind the scenes.

If people not wearing masks or not wearing them correctly want to play fast and lose with their own lives then so be it - but not with mine!

It is a very similar situation in our local Morrisons.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, majortom10 said:

It is a very similar situation in our local Morrisons.

A Morrisons store near where my sister lives in Oxfordshire, recently had a covid outbreak among staff, possibly due to similar issues.My sister approached a manager in her local Waitrose to say that a lot of customers weren't keeping apart, reaching over people to get goods etc and the managers reply was that they didn't want to risk upsetting people! I think people would be a lot more upset if they caught covid as a result!

• Like 1

I work onboard trains and on a normal day pre COVID we were abused, spat at, etc etc and so now times are even worse and our company tells us not to enforce the rules, it is up to the BTP to do so not us as it leads to trouble. So now if we do try to enforce anything but it turns violent, we have no leg to stand on as our company told us not to do it in the first place. Whilst I know that rules should be enforced, it is personally not worth me getting my head kicked in. And I know from my friends in supermarkets that they are in the same situation, if not worse, because of how busy they are. 

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, joeecco said:

I work onboard trains and on a normal day pre COVID we were abused, spat at, etc etc and so now times are even worse and our company tells us not to enforce the rules, it is up to the BTP to do so not us as it leads to trouble. So now if we do try to enforce anything but it turns violent, we have no leg to stand on as our company told us not to do it in the first place. Whilst I know that rules should be enforced, it is personally not worth me getting my head kicked in. And I know from my friends in supermarkets that they are in the same situation, if not worse, because of how busy they are. 

Well said. Whilst there are many on here quick to criticise, I'm not sure how many would actually put themselves on the front line and accept that they would be physically attacked when trying to implement the law.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, ann141 said:

A Morrisons store near where my sister lives in Oxfordshire, recently had a covid outbreak among staff, possibly due to similar issues.My sister approached a manager in her local Waitrose to say that a lot of customers weren't keeping apart, reaching over people to get goods etc and the managers reply was that they didn't want to risk upsetting people! I think people would be a lot more upset if they caught covid as a result!

The Ole Lady's relatives in Greenock forwarded us some stuff on social media regarding their local Tesco.  Apparently the store are not allowing staff to shield or self isolate, and have forced staff to come into work who have tested positive.  If this is true it is truly disgraceful.  Hopefully this has reported to the authorities.  A member staff has even died of covid.

12 hours ago, joeecco said:

The Ole Lady used to work on the railway pre covid.  Her company took the same stance.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

The Ole Lady's relatives in Greenock forwarded us some stuff on social media regarding their local Tesco.  Apparently the store are not allowing staff to shield or self isolate, and have forced staff to come into work who have tested positive.  If this is true it is truly disgraceful.  Hopefully this has reported to the authorities.  A member staff has even died of covid.

Seriously, does anyone believe that Tesco would allow that to happen?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Perhaps its people who are classed as vulnerable or living with someone vulnerable who were allowed to shield last March who have to come in to work now ???

As for those who have tested positive I can't see Tesco or any company with half a brain cell would even consider that. It would be the end of their business - agree with you on this one terrierjohn.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

It's been confirmed that two members of staff at the Greenock Tesco have died of covid within days of each other.  Apparently staff from the Port Glasgow branch are now self-isolating following an outbreak there.

That is a lot different to the claim that Tesco were forcing staff to work after testing positive.  I think most people accept that shop workers run a greater risk of catching covid, especially when many shoppers still refuse to wear face coverings. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

It's been confirmed that two members of staff at the Greenock Tesco have died of covid within days of each other.  Apparently staff from the Port Glasgow branch are now self-isolating following an outbreak there.

Thats very sad but maybe because the staff have died and possibly Tesco weren't doing certain things correctly 'other' things may have been circulated . I find it hard to believe that Tesco would expect staff who have tested positive to go into work but they may have not been very good at enforcing social distancing or mask wearing, for example.

I heard from a friend who has 2 sisters living in Merseyside that the whole of Merseyside had now been vaccinated!Possibly in the part of Merseyside where her sisters live the over 80's have received the vaccine but my mother who is 90 and lives in another area of Merseyside says no one in her large block of flats has yet received the vaccine.Its surprising how easily speculation or rumours become 'fact' on social media!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Perhaps its people who are classed as vulnerable or living with someone vulnerable who were allowed to shield last March who have to come in to work now ???

That's correct Presto. The grandson who still lives with us and works at B&Q was furloughed during the first lockdown because of who he lived with. This time however it's business as usual. doesn't make sense does it?

Avril

Just now, Adawn47 said:

That's correct Presto. The grandson who still lives with us and works at B&Q was furloughed during the first lockdown because of who he lived with. This time however it's business as usual. doesn't make sense does it?

Avril

I really don't feel like we are in a lockdown at the minute. The traffic on the way to work is no different than it has been since June and the supermarkets don't have all of the floor markings we had in the main lockdown in the Summer. I really don't understand it - this variant is 50% more transmissible yet the rules this time are far more 'generous' than last time. Confused dot com !

18 hours ago, ann141 said:

Thats very sad but maybe because the staff have died and possibly Tesco weren't doing certain things correctly 'other' things may have been circulated . I find it hard to believe that Tesco would expect staff who have tested positive to go into work but they may have not been very good at enforcing social distancing or mask wearing, for example.

I heard from a friend who has 2 sisters living in Merseyside that the whole of Merseyside had now been vaccinated!Possibly in the part of Merseyside where her sisters live the over 80's have received the vaccine but my mother who is 90 and lives in another area of Merseyside says no one in her large block of flats has yet received the vaccine.Its surprising how easily speculation or rumours become 'fact' on social media!

image_219750d7-044b-4c1d-be4c-841fe4d4458920210110_092759.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 8

23 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

It's shocking if it's true. However, one of my friends who is shielding only goes out for top up shopping went to her local tesco express and 2 days later got an alert from the nhs app - fortunately no action was needed. Then her son ( who lives with her and is also not going out to protect her) went to the same shop to get  a few essentials also got an alert. Their conclusion was that someone who had tested positive was working in there. They didn't think it was a customer because this was at a time the local numbers were very low and the chances of there being customers with covid in the shop at the same as my friend on her visit and her son on his would be microscopic. Supermarkets do have a reputation for making staff go to work when they are ill. My stepdaughter was threatened with a final warning when she took 1 day sick after 18 months working for Sainsburys

On the other hand 2 Sainsburys and a B&Q not too far from us closed for deep cleans when staff tested positive last week. 

Cathy

Matt Hancock saying this morning that vaccinations are now running at around 200,000 a day with around 2m people vaccinated to date. Still nowhere near the 2m a week target, which means that with another week less to go until ‘mid February’ we now need to be vaccinating at around 2.3m a week to hit the target. Fingers crossed. 

• Like 2

Sounds like pretty good going to me.  Have you see in the States, not only are they offering first come first served, my Canadian cousin tells me that Canadians are flying to Florida to be vaccinated!  The Americans are really stupid sometimes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cathygh said:

It's shocking if it's true. However, one of my friends who is shielding only goes out for top up shopping went to her local tesco express and 2 days later got an alert from the nhs app - fortunately no action was needed. Then her son ( who lives with her and is also not going out to protect her) went to the same shop to get  a few essentials also got an alert. Their conclusion was that someone who had tested positive was working in there. They didn't think it was a customer because this was at a time the local numbers were very low and the chances of there being customers with covid in the shop at the same as my friend on her visit and her son on his would be microscopic. Supermarkets do have a reputation for making staff go to work when they are ill. My stepdaughter was threatened with a final warning when she took 1 day sick after 18 months working for Sainsburys

On the other hand 2 Sainsburys and a B&Q not too far from us closed for deep cleans when staff tested positive last week. 

Cathy

My understanding is that the app contacts you if you have visited somewhere the same day as someone who later is confirmed as having CV19, so you don't physically have to  be in the same place at the same time.

17 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Sounds like pretty good going to me.  Have you see in the States, not only are they offering first come first served, my Canadian cousin tells me that Canadians are flying to Florida to be vaccinated!  The Americans are really stupid sometimes.

Were speaking with some Americans from Utah, Pensylvania and Georgia last night on an extended family Zoom meeting and they were of the impression it was being done on a priority basis.  My nieces Husband who is extremely vulnerable is hoping to be done next week and his wife (my Canadian neice) will hopefully be done the next week when the families of the vulnerable are done.  May have different priority lists according to where they live, Canada has priority lists which have been decided by their Province and differ from each other, so may be the same in the US. 

I do suspect some private companies in the US will have been able to access vaccine and make a lot of cash out of it though.  It seems all in US will be offered the vaccine free, if they do not have an insurance company who will pay up for it.  The Flu jab is not free over there, so different for the covid vaccine.

Edited by tring

1 minute ago, tring said:

Were speaking with some Americans from Utah, Pensylvania and Georgia last night on an extended family Zoom meeting and they were of the impression it was being done on a priority basis.  My nieces Husband who is extremely vulnerable is hoping to be done next week and his wife (my Canadian neice) will hopefully be done the next week when the families of the vulnerable are done. 

I do suspect some private companies will have been able to access vaccine and make a lot of cash out of it though.  It seems all will be offered the vaccine free, if they do not have an insurance company who will pay up for it.  The Flu jab is not free over there, so different for the covid vaccine.

My friends in Kentucky have indicated the same, it is following a similar priority pattern as the U.K. .

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wowzz said:

My understanding is that the app contacts you if you have visited somewhere the same day as someone who later is confirmed as having CV19, so you don't physically have to  be in the same place at the same time.

Surely the app only contacts you if you were in a location at the same time as someone who later tests positive.

As regards employees I would expect that any person who tested positive and then continued to work there, would be recognised by the app and sorted out by the trace police.

• Like 1