Volunteer and test cruises, will the SL and DL be open?

5 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

You think the DL/SL will be open? For HH? Limited Capacity?

I believe it’s been suggested that Navigator and Mariner are the two startup ships. Both have SL. 

M8

Good question, I really don't know.  Personally I'd rather use the vouchers on my Sea Pass right now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

You think the DL/SL will be open? For HH? Limited Capacity?

I believe it’s been suggested that Navigator and Mariner are the two startup ships. Both have SL. 

M8

my money would be on Quantum first to go 🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, twangster said:

The DL may make for a good medical use venue.  Daily temperature and oxygen level tests for example.  Possibly a COVID testing room once an outbreak has occurred.

In the VCL? Consensus seems to be Voyager ships for test cruises 

I have 0xygen meter on my phone.

597842684_Screenshot_20201117-003246_SamsungHealth.thumb.jpg.db6a406d1bc8bbf8e0d2b107942d78d3.jpg

I'd guess conference rooms would be great for medical

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Who knows if C&A level will even exist on a test cruise. There could be no DL/SL and there may be no drink vouchers on your seapass. 

Good point.  The volunteer dreamers seem to think it will be a fun filled almost normal cruise.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bouhunter said:

Good point.  The volunteer dreamers seem to think it will be a fun filled almost normal cruise.

I watched a YouTube video, "10 Reasons NOT to take a TEST CRUISE! Don't volunteer to cruise before you see this!". Anyone contemplating a test cruise might want to take a look at this video and then carefully read the paperwork that comes with the invitation. I suspect these test cruises will be a far cry from a "normal" cruise. 

16 hours ago, Heymarco said:

Probably to an extent, need to spread people out onboard as much as possible. Shutting down venues does not allow that. 

Yup, I'm sure that even when they start regular sailings, they will not be at 100% capacity.  I think this will be a nice benefit, since the large ships can get to be a little crowded.

1 hour ago, CruisinNole said:

I watched a YouTube video, "10 Reasons NOT to take a TEST CRUISE! Don't volunteer to cruise before you see this!". Anyone contemplating a test cruise might want to take a look at this video and then carefully read the paperwork that comes with the invitation. I suspect these test cruises will be a far cry from a "normal" cruise. 

Unfortunately, I could only get through the first three minutes of it. I can't stand it when people can't just get to the point in their videos.

• Like 2

X update:

• 2020 has required us to make some difficult decisions in order to comply with new protocols. When we return to service, we’ll be tightly managing capacity in each venue. To adhere to elevated safety standards, Zenith access to the lounge at The Retreat® and Michael’s Club will be limited to members staying in The Retreat until further notice.

Wanna take bets on Pinnacle access changes that are coming?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, twangster said:

X update:

• 2020 has required us to make some difficult decisions in order to comply with new protocols. When we return to service, we’ll be tightly managing capacity in each venue. To adhere to elevated safety standards, Zenith access to the lounge at The Retreat® and Michael’s Club will be limited to members staying in The Retreat until further notice.

I think you are correct. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, twangster said:

X update:

No bets needed....the writing is on the wall. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

After seeing Celebrity's new Capt Club rules I saw NO on the DL and yes on the SL but for suite guests only.  Like @suzyluvs2cruise just said the handwriting is on the wall.  I will be very surprised if P's are allowed in the SL for the time being when sailing restarts

Edited by molly361
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I will be very surprised if P's are allowed in the SL for the time being when sailing restarts

Or Coastal Kitchen.  They'll want to spread guests out with ample space between tables.  That means reducing the capacity of the CK.  They won't kick out or turn away full suite guests from CK.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, twangster said:

Or Coastal Kitchen.  They'll want to spread guests out with ample space between tables.  That means reducing the capacity of the CK.  They won't kick out or turn away full suite guests from CK.  

Yup should have said SL/CK

• Like 1