Rotterdam interiour design renderings.

Despegue

Not sure if this has been posted already, but anyhow...

below are some renderings of the MS. Rotterdam interiours.

As you can see, the main design is the same as her sisters, but with a different colour palette.

What do you think?

also note the Club Orange (??) restaurant rendering and the bar that seems to he occupying the space of the wine-tasting venue on her sisters.

BA818B64-5396-4405-B8D7-EF079A6CFAA4.jpeg

87A9F9BE-AB2A-434F-9C96-810633D3A512.jpeg

CD304FD6-D9B4-4590-8E83-02173B3D3A9F.jpeg

F288C511-C95C-4256-AFEB-F0555BB1F761.jpeg

8C708345-F753-4680-8CF9-3071A1722966.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I'm not a fan of the MDR on the Pinnacle class. It looks a lot better in pictures than in person. Compared to the S and R class ships, it's shabby. The other pictures look fine;  personally I will not miss Blend. 

I liked the little restaurant that was where Club Orange is now (on the Konigsdam). I had a really good steak in there and some of the other items, like Harissa Fries, were amazing. Service was outstanding. I also enjoyed the cooking classes there. One thing that didn't go well in there was the Cellarmaster Dinner. One of the "fine wines" was a blend by Orlando Ashford. Not good. Not only that they offered very small pourings of the good stuff. So I doubt I will do that again.

I hope the new President has the sense to restore the Crow's Nests. 

I wonder if the new Rotterdam's commodes will still be 4" from the shower? That's fine for a kid but not many of the rest of us. 

Sorry to hear about the October transatlantic being canceled. The schedule in general has gaping holes. They probably realize the Harris administration will shut everything down for a long time.

I got my refund from a cruise that was canceled last Spring, but they didn't refund my FCC. It also doesn't appear they put it back in the system. Has anyone else had this happen?

2 hours ago, FlaMariner said:

Looks great but my transatlantic in October on her was just cancelled. ....very frustrating....it's our 3rd cancel since the China Virus....Thought sailing in October would be all good.....

It's back on. Just got the email it has been redeployed for Oct 20,2021.

11 hours ago, tkwbear said:

Sorry to hear about the October transatlantic being canceled. The schedule in general has gaping holes. They probably realize the Harris administration will shut everything down for a long time.

I haven’t kept up with HAL (or Carnival Corp?) management changes...who is Harris and what changes are being made?

I like the blue very much. Those Club Orange (if that’s what the photo represents) chairs look much more comfortable than on the NS. But it is still a far cry in appearance from Celebrity’s Luminae suite dining room.

Edited by Caribbean Chris
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, tkwbear said:

. They probably realize the Harris administration will shut everything down for a long time.

1 hour ago, Caribbean Chris said:

I haven’t kept up with HAL (or Carnival Corp?) management changes...who is Harris and what changes are being made?

Even as a foreigner I get the nuance of this post.  Harris is not a Carnival or HAL VP yet!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I like what I see in those pictures.  I think the dining room looks beautiful.  When I cruised Koningsdam, it quickly became my favorite HAL ship, probably because I think the most beautiful ships at sea are Celebrity ships, and HAL started leaning that way with Pinnacle Class.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

That’s because Adam Tihany was the interior designer of several areas on the Solstice Class including the Dining Room.

I have sailed on Celebrity Eclipse and I thought the "whale bone" design  in her MDR was better executed than what I witnessed on Nieuw Statendam.  Personally, I think both MDRs could have more elegantly designed than what either were.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

That’s because Adam Tihany was the interior designer of several areas on the Solstice Class including the Dining Room.

Thanks...I didnt know the designer was the same.  I dont understand that the cruise lines dont produce ships of state or distinctive ships anymore. I find it hard to believe they even used a competitor's designer to create one of the most important rooms on a ship.

I picked ROTTERDAM  as my online name here as ROTTERDAM V is one of my all time favorite ships. For the last 10-15 years the ships are basically a blur of non descriptive Las Vegas razzle dazzle.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Rotterdam said:

Thanks...I didnt know the designer was the same.  I dont understand that the cruise lines dont produce ships of state or distinctive ships anymore. I find it hard to believe they even used a competitor's designer to create one of the most important rooms on a ship.

I picked ROTTERDAM  as my online name here as ROTTERDAM V is one of my all time favorite ships. For the last 10-15 years the ships are basically a blur of non descriptive Las Vegas razzle dazzle.

Adam Tihany is a relatively famous Commercial/Hospitality interior designer.  Many of the cruise lines have moved away from exclusively an in-house design team to working with multiple "name" designers on any given project.  It just so happens that Tihany's design style is relatively distinct and he's applied the same overall design language to the various vessels he's been contracted to design spaces for.  Even many of his land based projects have similar looks to his ship interiors.

http://www.tihanydesign.com 

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, FlaMariner said:

Looks great but my transatlantic in October on her was just cancelled. ....very frustrating....it's our 3rd cancel since the China Virus....Thought sailing in October would be all good.....

===

TA is still going but now the date is October 20.  The date is to coincide with the CDC ban on cruise longer than 7 days that visits US port through Nov 11.

Peter

Guess I have a different aesthetic than many. I actually like the MDR rendering. However, I think the venues with the purple carpet and orange chairs look extremely dated (e.g., the corridor shot and a dining venue), I feel like I was already there on a Princess ship in the 1990s. And those extremely blue chairs just look cheap....

Not bowled over.

2 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Adam Tihany is a relatively famous Commercial/Hospitality interior designer.  Many of the cruise lines have moved away from exclusively an in-house design team to working with multiple "name" designers on any given project.  It just so happens that Tihany's design style is relatively distinct and he's applied the same overall design language to the various vessels he's been contracted to design spaces for.  Even many of his land based projects have similar looks to his ship interiors.

http://www.tihanydesign.com 

An interesting observation, I think.  I was not aware of the similarity of his designs from one type of venue to another.  I question what his "original thinking" for the project he is working really is.  Could it be "if it brought me $$ on this project, it will bring me more $$ on this one"?  (Pardon my cynicism.)  

Joe Farcus was "cut loose" from Carnival Cruise Lines after many ships' interiors he designed.  I agree that his "time had passed" when they did so.  But, while there were design elements that existed in all of the interiors that I saw were the same, they were all different in their own way.