New vaccine

hollyjess

3 hours ago, Selbourne said:

Im still seeing it multiple times every day and I’m sure that the constant images, especially of those who wince when the needle goes in, is doing nothing to encourage those with needle phobias 😂 

It is fairly regularly seen, but so is just about every other clip the news channels use. Just how frequently do I need to see vaccine vials revoving around their packing machinery, and will that guy, wandering past reception pulling his suitcase, in a covid quarantine hotel ever find his room. This has become a bit of a spotting game between myself and my wife, to see who can spot the most repeats.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Selbourne said:

Great excitement here this morning. My wife received a letter from the NHS...........but it was for breast screening 🙁😂

My wife had exactly the same and she rang and told them she doesnt want an appointment at present. The person said she understood completely and told her once she had received the vaccine to ring them back and make a new appointment.

• Like 1

My husband had his first vaccine of AZ yesterday morning and was fine up to about 6pm last night when he started developing headache, shivering and generally feeling unwell. He ended up going to bed at 8.30pm (unheard of for him) and had a terrible night. This morning he felt a bit better, had stopped shivering but again went back to bed at 8am and didn't arise until 11.30am. After having a coffee and something to eat he felt a bit better but nowhere near normal and is now sat in the sitting room watching TV. I am due to go for my first vaccine on Fri 12th - sincerely hope I don't have the same side effects. Fingers crossed!!!!!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, PJ's said:

My husband had his first vaccine of AZ yesterday morning and was fine up to about 6pm last night when he started developing headache, shivering and generally feeling unwell. He ended up going to bed at 8.30pm (unheard of for him) and had a terrible night. This morning he felt a bit better, had stopped shivering but again went back to bed at 8am and didn't arise until 11.30am. After having a coffee and something to eat he felt a bit better but nowhere near normal and is now sat in the sitting room watching TV. I am due to go for my first vaccine on Fri 12th - sincerely hope I don't have the same side effects. Fingers crossed!!!!!

🤞🤞🤞 hopefully your vaccine has no side effects like your husband's.

2 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

I think it is a clear indication the vaccine is working, Israel are ahead of everyone in the vaccination race and the positives they are seeing we should see in coming weeks. Of course lockdown clouds the data here as the bulk of vulnerable/older people that have been vaccinated are at a lower risk of catching covid than the younger working population. As the younger age groups are vaccinated we should get a clearer indication of how effective the vaccine is here.

Yes , but Israel are using Pfizer vaccine,  we will have to wait for UK hospital  data for AZ proof, which is what people were arguing about. I'm optimistic evidence 're antibodies is good. Even though over 70s have been more careful they account for just over 50% of hospitalization,  so should be easy to tell if these numbers drop off

2 hours ago, PJ's said:

That's how my husband reacted to his. 

Good luck for yours on the 12th.

I've got to wait until they get to group 7.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Sounds like my AZ symptoms, apart from no headache.  I was fine the following morning.  Do fill in the yellow card scheme for side effects.  I think it's good to let them know.

Are Frank and I just lucky or am I jinxing it?  We had our AZ jabs this morning at 9.45am and have been expecting some type of side effects, but so far nothing, not even a sore arm. Not being too  optimistic though, there's tomorrow yet. 

Avril

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Are Frank and I just lucky or am I jinxing it?  We had our AZ jabs this morning at 9.45am and have been expecting some type of side effects, but so far nothing, not even a sore arm. Not being too  optimistic though, there's tomorrow yet. 

Avril

It was day 2 that our side effects occurred, but even then our's were fairly mild, just felt out of sorts and tired, but normal again on day 3.

17 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

17 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

I had absolutely nothing Avril.  Didn’t feel the jab, didn’t have a sore arm, nothing.  Himself just had a slightly sore arm for a day - just tender to the touch, sort of thing.  We were Pfizer-ed 

I was an interesting discussion earlier about second jabs, or confirmed/suspected minor infections, appearing to produce a greater reaction

• Like 2

21 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

It is fairly regularly seen, but so is just about every other clip the news channels use. Just how frequently do I need to see vaccine vials revoving around their packing machinery, and will that guy, wandering past reception pulling his suitcase, in a covid quarantine hotel ever find his room. This has become a bit of a spotting game between myself and my wife, to see who can spot the most repeats.

I always wonder why a TV channel send some person to a small town , shows the scene behind them and tell the viewers " look, not many people around ".🤔

• Haha 1

I was slightly puzzled by a news item last night that featured a vaccine hub in the London area somewhere. It featured a black trauma consultant who was working as a vaccinator and trying to be an ambassador for the BAME community to persuade more to come forward and increase the take-up.

At the start of the piece they stated that this hub was working "flat-out" to get the vaccines administered. However, later in the same piece, with images of the same hub in the background, it stated that they were only open 2 days a week - which rather jarred with their definition of flat out.

I'm guessing it will be related to supply issues and the number of days they can vaccinate being constrained by vaccine availability

18 hours ago, purplesea said:

That's how my husband reacted to his. 

Good luck for yours on the 12th.

I've got to wait until they get to group 7.

He's much better now and more or less back to normal. Keeping my fingers crossed that I do not experience bad side effects later this week. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Sounds like my AZ symptoms, apart from no headache.  I was fine the following morning.  Do fill in the yellow card scheme for side effects.  I think it's good to let them know.

He wasn't given any yellow card for side effects so unable to complete it. He is much better but not yet 100%.

14 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

I had absolutely nothing Avril.  Didn’t feel the jab, didn’t have a sore arm, nothing.  Himself just had a slightly sore arm for a day - just tender to the touch, sort of thing.  We were Pfizer-ed 

I was an interesting discussion earlier about second jabs, or confirmed/suspected minor infections, appearing to produce a greater reaction

We're both still fine this morning, no problems at all. We were Zeneca'd😁. The practice nurse said that ''second doses usually produce a more noticable reaction'' her words. Just to touch on another point raised, in the 20 minutes that we were at the doctors, I noticed 7 people from the BAME community there to be vaccinated.

Avril

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

We're both still fine this morning, no problems at all. We were Zeneca'd😁. The practice nurse said that ''second doses usually produce a more noticable reaction'' her words. Just to touch on another point raised, in the 20 minutes that we were at the doctors, I noticed 7 people from the BAME community there to be vaccinated.

Avril

I think the message is getting across, I know there has been a big push in Bradford. 

• Like 1

Roll out in Italy is pants.AZ not allowed yet for over 55s.Daily jabs not even 6 figures.2 days ago a total of 88000 including 2nd jab,yesterday even worse numbers.Calabria which is more populous and bigger than Essex,23000 since rollout started.

Edited by brian1

21 hours ago, PJ's said:

We have had the same side effects, starting about 12 hours after the AZ jab. Ringing around our friends about 50% have had similar, with the others having none. One of them is a nurse who said it's a typical immune response.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, arlowood said:

I was slightly puzzled by a news item last night that featured a vaccine hub in the London area somewhere. It featured a black trauma consultant who was working as a vaccinator and trying to be an ambassador for the BAME community to persuade more to come forward and increase the take-up.

At the start of the piece they stated that this hub was working "flat-out" to get the vaccines administered. However, later in the same piece, with images of the same hub in the background, it stated that they were only open 2 days a week - which rather jarred with their definition of flat out.

I'm guessing it will be related to supply issues and the number of days they can vaccinate being constrained by vaccine availability

Hello Arlowood. You're spot on about availability but there has also been the issue of holding back until all cohort targets have been reached. In my vaccine hub we were instructed not to commence on our aged 65-69 age group until all possible efforts to contact un-vaccinated over 70s had been reached. Thankfully this has now been achieved and we can commence the 65+ from tomorrow.

I didn't see the particular news item from last night but I know the guy to whom you are referring. His name is Martin and yes he's a Trauma Consultant at King's College Hospital in London and is also working in a vaccine centre. I'm not sure if it's a centre within Kings or not. He did a news article earlier during the week and came down very heavily on the anti-vaxxers. Let's hope his attempts to reach the concerned members of the BAME community are successful.

Best wishes

Jane.x

• Like 4

Hello Everyone

A message for:

Avril - glad to hear you and Frank are both ok and not suffering side-effects from yesterday.

Graham - hope your eye continues to improve. Good decision not to go out today.

Good luck to everyone who's being jabbed today and I hope the snow doesn't prevent too many of you from attending. No snow at all in sunny North London but bitterly cold. 

Have a warm day.

Best wishes all.

Jane.x

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, jake 26 said:

We have had the same side effects, starting about 12 hours after the AZ jab. Ringing around our friends about 50% have had similar, with the others having none. One of them is a nurse who said it's a typical immune response.

Interesting. Am I correct in thinking that far fewer people had side effects from the Phizer jab? None of the folk that we know (all Phizer) had any reaction at all. Seems like quite a few are getting a reaction to the Oxford AZ one? Personally I will take any of them, but it’s interesting to see the difference. 

9 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Interesting. Am I correct in thinking that far fewer people had side effects from the Phizer jab? None of the folk that we know (all Phizer) had any reaction at all. Seems like quite a few are getting a reaction to the Oxford AZ one? Personally I will take any of them, but it’s interesting to see the difference. 

Michelle had Pfizer and was quite ill for a couple of days after, but she is on so much medication, it could have been any of them that caused it or one reacting to another. 

Andy 

• Like 1