different prices on Princess website

CruzinNoony

A friend of mine was looking at a cruise on the Princess site and his computer had one price and when I looked at the same category on my computer it was $150 more pp.  FYI, the cruise is Hawaii, Jan. 19, 2022 on the Grand, mini suite cat. MB.  His price for the package was $3749ppp and my price was $3899pp.  Why is that???

They can (and do) price things any way they want to. I've heard of low prices being offered to those close to the port and also to those who have not booked in a long time. I once received an offer via email for a cruise that I had already booked, but the fare was 1/6th of what I was already paying. It seems that for some reason, I had two Captain Circle ID numbers. The super low offer was for the account that had never sailed. When I called for a price adjustment, I was told that this offer didn't match my account, and that I was not supposed to have seen this offer, but after showing them the email they bumped us up from an interior to a mini-suite. Last week someone from the UK mentioned how inexpensive it was for them to book a Baltic sailing. I looked up the exact same sailing here in the USA, and the price I was quoted for an inside was more than he paid for a balcony. It is what it is. Not everyone pays the same price.

Edited by CineGraphic
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, dog said:

Did either of you sign in to Personalizer?  As a past passenger?  Do you look ve in same town?

$3458 US when I sign in. No perk fare

I actually don't know how to sign into the Personalizer or let them know that I am a past passenger.  That is just the price that comes up when I got onto the Princess site.  We both live in Las Vegas.  

25 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

They can (and do) price things any way they want to. I've heard of low prices being offered to those close to the port and also to those who have not booked in a long time. I once received an offer via email for a cruise that I had already booked, but the fare was 1/6th of what I was already paying. It seems that for some reason, I had two Captain Circle ID numbers. The super low offer was for the account that had never sailed. When I called for a price adjustment, I was told that this offer didn't match my account, and that I was not supposed to have seen this offer, but after showing them the email they bumped us up from an interior to a mini-suite. Last week someone from the UK mentioned how inexpensive it was for them to book a Baltic sailing. I looked up the exact same sailing here in the USA, and the price I was quoted for an inside was more than he paid for a balcony. It is what it is. Not everyone pays the same price.

Agreed, I learned a long time ago (through observation luckily, I never discuss finances period) not to compare prices with fellow cruisers.  One of you will feel good, the other will feel cheated.  Someone below compared this to airline pricing.  I compare it to used car dealers.  Both are good examples.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 2 cruises a year said:

Someone below compared this to airline pricing.

Although airline prices can change with the blink of an eye, I don't think they offer lower prices to some people and not to others like the cruise lines do.

4 hours ago, dog said:

Did either of you sign in to Personalizer?  As a past passenger?  Do you look ve in same town?

$3458 US when I sign in. No perk fare

$3968 US  for MB mini with package pp. 

3 hours ago, CruzinNoony said:

I actually don't know how to sign into the Personalizer or let them know that I am a past passenger.  That is just the price that comes up when I got onto the Princess site.  We both live in Las Vegas.  

call Princess 

you may have a past passenger number. You can join the Captain Circle to manage your cruises on their website. 

10 hours ago, 2 cruises a year said:

Agreed, I learned a long time ago (through observation luckily, I never discuss finances period) not to compare prices with fellow cruisers.  One of you will feel good, the other will feel cheated.  Someone below compared this to airline pricing.  I compare it to used car dealers.  Both are good examples.

Correct.  We became friendly with a couple on a cruise who had the same balcony cabin as us.  He asked us what we paid and when we told him that we were upgraded from an inside because of a "bid" which was still $1000 less then he paid, he became irate.  Never again will we discuss finances.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, CruzinNoony said:

If you don't already have an account then create an account. Go to the Princess.com web site. On the top blue header select Sign in/Register. The select register and follow the prompts. You may already have an account if you already access your bookings. If you do then just sign in before your search for cruise pricing. Future cruises are normally around $100/pp (plus or minus) less for past passengers.  

1 hour ago, EllieinNJ said:

Correct.  We became friendly with a couple on a cruise who had the same balcony cabin as us.  He asked us what we paid and when we told him that we were upgraded from an inside because of a "bid" which was still $1000 less then he paid, he became irate.  Never again will we discuss finances.

LOL, I have a feeling he thought he had had a great deal and wanted to push it in your face.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

Agree, never in person. We have had a couple ask us this too, And insisted on an answer. Another asked me what my income was and if I had a pension.  Try for a table for two since then. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

Although airline prices can change with the blink of an eye, I don't think they offer lower prices to some people and not to others like the cruise lines do.

Perhaps within country, but I have seen Air Canada (which is the flag carrier and has most US destinations and flights) price things differently if buying as a Canadian versus as an American.

• Like 1

It has been $3049 for no perks since I booked a couple of weeks ago. No change. We are Elite and so is the poster that asked the question. We travel with her often but she may have misunderstood what people are asking about signing in.I know she usually just emails her travel agent for pricing.

It is strange that there are different prices . Signing in should get all the previous Princess cruisers the same price.Princess knows who we are  once we sign in.

20 hours ago, CruzinNoony said:

A friend of mine was looking at a cruise on the Princess site and his computer had one price and when I looked at the same category on my computer it was $150 more pp.  FYI, the cruise is Hawaii, Jan. 19, 2022 on the Grand, mini suite cat. MB.  His price for the package was $3749ppp and my price was $3899pp.  Why is that???

My wife and I once priced out a cruise with different pricing. On my computer it showed one price and on hers it showed a higher price. We were both logged in and both have been on the same number of Princess cruises. All of our cruises have been together so...

Weird. Really weird. Only really noticed it that one time but didn't like it. Obviously we booked with my lower price but never did understand why we were shown different pricing.

• Like 1