How many cruises cancelled?

ilikeanswers

How many cruises have you had cancelled?   

35 members have voted

1. 1. How many cruises cancelled?

• 1-2
    • 3-4
    • 5-6
    • 6+

1 hour ago, clo said:

If *I* canceled before they canceled, does that count?

If the cruise you cancelled ended up cancelled by the line yes 😉 or if you knew for certain there is no way it could sail. 

Edited by ilikeanswers

• One was canceled March 2020 for a March 2020 sailing
  • One I canceled in June 2020 for a February 2021 sailing; the sailing was later canceled/delayed until February 2022
  • One was canceled July 2020 for an October 2020 sailing

I currently have a booking for a March 2022 sailing.  I don't plan to make any further bookings until my chosen cruise line(s) resume cruising to my favorite region(s).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Personally cancelled 2 for this year, but both were/will be doomed anyway...Feb 13 to Hawaii and Sept 6 to Alaska.

I consider myself lucky it wasn’t a third, we got off the ship from a Caribbean cruise less than four weeks before everything shut down.

• Thanks 1

A variety of things in my case. 

I canceled my April 2020 Holland America circumnavigation of Japan when it became obvious things were headed in a bad direction last February and I moved my paid in full amount to a different cruse (later in 2020) that was also canceled by HAL (refund received).

Hurtigruten canceled an expedition cruise to Canada/Greenland originally scheduled for May 2021 before the end of last year (refund received).

I canceled an Oceania cruise from London to Copenhagen (Aug 2021) because while it covered some Iceland/Greenland, it really wasn't the cruise I wanted...  (deposit refunded),

I had an Antarctic/SA cruise on the books for January 2021 that I was able to just move to January 2022 and I am keeping an eye on that.

Then there is my ill-fated Celebrity BTB Med cruises. First the schedule was drastically changed by Celebrity to make it less exotic (no transit thru Suez canal and ME component), but they threw a big bucket of OBC at me to stay onboard so I did.  Then when it was obvious 2020 cruises were not going to happen, I "lifted and shifted" it to Fall 2021, which was about as far out as I could kick it.  Now Celebrity has announced my ship is not doing Europe this summer. I can move the booking to another, similar ship (Infinity) but the timing is less desirable, so I will probably end up taking the refund and losing all that generous OBC....

So much fun all this is. Not.

• Thanks 2

1 cruise cancelled completely. 1 cruise cancelled but rescheduled for September 2021. I'm waiting for the cancellation notice from Princess as this is a Canada/New England cruise.

I plan to rescheule with Princess because I outsmarted myself and bought gift cards when the were offering bonus gift cards. When my paid-in-full cruise fare is refunded, a good part of that will go back onto the gift cards. Unless I reschedule something with Princess, I'll lose that money.

Edited by mammajamma2013
Additional comment
  • Thanks 1

@Mammajamma2013 Your post reminds me that I did indeed also have 2 Princess cruises canceled.  I had only put down a $1  so that explains that oversight.  I had Hawaii and Greenland, spring and summer.  I did nothing with that $1 converted to $100 as Princess sold the smaller ships.

• Thanks 1

I had 3 cancelled, 1 in march and 2 in May, all cancelled during the initial cancellations in march,.I have not and will not book another cruise until cruising has been up and running for several months with no issues and I and my DH have been vaccinated.