Torquay UK
Eurodam Anchorage
Oosterdam Anchorage
Volendam Anchorage

0312Tor.thumb.png.d43239152936839e5f88ad270477cd53.png

0312USA.thumb.png.1da6df258f99aea196b2991be5de46f3.png

• Like 31
  • Thanks 5

Good Morning Cruisers.  Thank you for the updates.

Yep, I was a Girl Scout and as a matter of fact I was a pre-schooler too!  Bacon Cheeseburger sounds great and our menu today is Chili-Cheese burgers with New Mexico Hatch Green Chili.  

Wishing everyone an excellent, stress free day.

• Like 21

Good morning, everyone.

We have a bit of a cool down from yesterday's near 70 degrees, but the sun is back.  Looking forward to a good day.  

Today is for @kazuwith plant a flower day, and all the rest of the CC gardeners.  I have black thumbs, so I'll admire the work of others.   Cheers for the Girl Scouts and pre-schoolers can be tons of fun!

Today's meal is an easy comfort type of meal.   Good suggestions in the comments section on how to jazz it up a bit.  I'd probably add the onions and garlic and use tomato sauce instead of tomato soup. 

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/bacon-cheeseburger-pasta/

Bacon-Cheeseburger-Pasta_EXPS_GBBZ19_12349_C11_08_6b-2.jpg

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

Thank you for the TGIF Daily, Rich.  Cheers to Girl Scouts, Flowers, and Preschoolers.  I love the quote.  Never seen bacon cheesburger pasta but it sounds nice.  My alternative is Pineapple, Kiwi, Strawberry Passion Fruit Cup, Chilled Wild Berry Blend Soup, Broiled New York Strip Loin Steak, and Carrot Cake with Lemon Curd as served on MS Prinsendam March 12, 2019.

https://morethangetaways.files.wordpress.com/2019/03/dishes12.jpg

Today's care list:

Caregiver Gsel and her DH battling Alzheimers

myself facing cardiac surgery

NextOne DH in rehab and facing chemo

Cunnorl’s BIL still hospitalized

Mary229's friend Rachel with breast cancer

Mamaofami and DH

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe

Today's Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Teachers, school workers and at home surrogates

Front Line Health Care Workers

Emerging evidence that vaccines are protecting against transmission

Canadian jabs ramping up including appointments for Ann and Pat

Jabs for travelnap, Rowsby, Mitzi complete and NextOne today

Good recovery for Alan

Happy birthday Mitzi, Lenda, and Ellen

This community for 51 weeks

and Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Today is Roger's funeral.  I'll be watching on Zoom.

• Like 30
  • Thanks 7

Good morning.  Happy Friday!

Thanks for the Daily Report.

I wasn't a Girl Scout, but I was a pre-schooler.🙂  It's still too cold to plant a flower outdoors, but I have plans for my garden.

Great definition.

The meal suggestion sounds great.

Looking forward to reading about the wine and drink of the day.

Scotland is on my list, hope to see some pictures.

Sending prayers for everyone.

Have a good day.  Stay safe.

• Like 22

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 😄 

What a great selection of days.  I’ve been celebrating Plant a Flower Day for a few weeks now 😉 But I’ll happily celebrate with some more planting today 😉

8C416765-BF52-4AF2-B3E3-0DE31D1CD9A6.thumb.jpeg.02f0d73f9c02ca135f8b2ea23a502864.jpeg

LOL at that quote 😂 The meal suggestion sounds interesting but not my cup of tea.  What we have will depend on how much energy I have after planting and curb side pick up today.

The drink of the day sounds intriguing.  Now I have Celine Dion singing in my head 😉 

DH keeps looking at gardening books and saying “how about this?”  OMG I have so much stuff coming this year for the gardens that I can’t fathom getting anything else 😱 

432AB23E-27BE-4CB5-A103-05409A40E7C4.jpeg.f465e93610975656af42f5a4446bc8c6.jpeg

South Queensbury is on our itinerary for next year.  We were in Edinburgh years ago on a land trip and enjoyed it so we are looking forward to returning and hearing others’ experiences.

Prayers for everyone on Roy’s Care list & for those that need them and a 🥂 to everyone on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great TGIF everyone!  Stay safe and please don’t forget your masks 😷 

And, since it is Plant a Flower day:

7EE3DB2B-5F6A-4CA3-B30B-801A07C1677E.jpeg.488feb1dceae284699008732e7da7916.jpeg

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Good morning.  I like all three days, I was a Girl Scout, love to plant flowers in pots, and taught pre-school many years ago.  And, I guess I can call myself a chef.  LOL  The meal sounds great, will make it in the pressure tonight.  Birthday wishes for everyone today and yesterday.  Prayers, toasts and virtual hugs to everyone on our lists.

Stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.  Hopefully things are getting under control.

My Heart Will Go On:

In a shaker tin combine:

-1.5 ounces blanco tequila

-1 ounce green Chartreuse (a French cordial)

-1 ounce Maraschino Originale from Luxardo (an Italian cherry liqueur)

-1 ounce fresh squeezed lime juice

Add ice and shake.

Strain into a cocktail glass. (No garnish needed!)

Screen Shot 2021-03-12 at 7.25.20 AM.png

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Happy Birthday Ellen, Lenda & Mitzi! AKA Mrs. @VMax1700, @Quartzsite Cruiser& Mrs. @Overhead Fred.

Hope your days are filled with laughter & love!

Oops, I got interrupted in my post and forgot to do my birthday wishes 😔 

Thanks Cat  😄. Adding my best wishes to Cat’s for wonderful birthdays.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! I will salute the Girl Scouts, as a former one. Made it to Cadet Scouts, loved the camping trips most of all. How timely, I am planting some Pentas to replace ones ruined when I cut them down to have my house painted. Pre-schoolers are often sources of infectious joy. Hope to get to see my great niece soon. 

Roy, thank you for keeping our lists.  Thinking of you today. Morning Dailyites & my Sisters. Joy, hope Allen had a good night. Denise happy to hear your place in Maui is ok.

As to the quote: Bien Sur! The drink and meals sound interesting. I might at least try a sip of the drink. And I wonder how zoodles would work with the meal. I would definitely add some kick to this one. At the very least red pepper flakes.  It is another lovely day in the neighborhood! Today I am heading to New Smyrna - about 45 minutes South of me, to have a late lunch with a friend from my last Roll Call. She is visiting friends in Cocoa Beach, so we will meet half way. Looking forward to seeing one of the “Gang of Eight” from my Circle Hawaii cruise of 2019.

Prayers to all who need our support.  Cheers to all who are celebrating!

Stay well everyone!

Each released vintage of this wine shares the same excellent - superb ratings, so look for the best price. The reviews I used are for the 2016 vintage, because it had the best online price I found - $64.99. But I bet we can find it for less locally. 

Winemaker Notes

Boushey Vineyard, which has been the source of La Serenne since 2000, is one of the stars of the mid-Yakima Valley. Farmed by Dick Boushey, a proponent of Washington Syrah since the 1980’s, this site has gained notoriety for its unique varietal expression and supple texture. The word Serenne is an affectionate name for Syrah in the local dialect of Ampuis, a town in the heart France’s northern Rhône valley. We find this to be a fitting name for our Syrah from Boushey, as it reminds us of the wild (or as the French say “Sauvage”), Rhône-esque character of the wine.The fruit reflects the sum total of conditions here: location in the mid-Yakima Valley, higher elevation, cooler climate, soils undisturbed by the Missoula Floods and Dick’s exemplary farming practices. Harvest is typically 2-3 weeks later than our Syrah vines planted elsewhere, indicating the uniqueness of its position.

JS95 James Suckling: Dark, brooding and modern, this has pepper, cherry liqueur and chocolate plus exotic spicy flavors that extend through to the palate. Assertive, forthright finish. Needs three to four years to open.

WE91 Wine Enthusiast: The aromas start out brooding, opening up to reveal notes of fresh and dried herb, smoke, dark coffee bean, iron and smoked meat, focusing mostly on the savory. The flavors are light, deft, and elegant, displaying enough structure to reward a bit of time in the cellar. Those looking for a big, bold expression of this variety and vineyard should look elsewhere. This one is all about finesse.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 27

Not been to South Queensferry/Edinburgh on a cruise, but have visited 3 times on land vacations, staying in B&Bs.

January 3 and 4, 1992 - I spent most of our time doing DH's family research. We were there for several days with my parents in August 1995. Walked up and down the Royal Mile, attended the Tattoo and saw the house were DH's great-grandfather lived before coming to Canada (1859) and then US (1859) with his parents and siblings. In May 2000 we stayed in a suburb (Leith) just east of Queensferry and toured the Britannia. All were pre-digital camera, so no images to easily post.

Many wonderful places to dine. The Scots do love their sweets and fried candy bars. Yum. DH enjoyed the many whiskys available. Not sure we ever passed any pub without popping in for quick refreshments! 

Edited by Cruise Suzy
  • Like 21

A beautiful morning to our Daily-ites! Thank you Rich for enriching my morning. 

Thanks Roy for adding Allen to our cheers list. This morning we remove the compression bandages and take a light shower, so will have a good look at it. You are still in our prayers Roy.

No beef for us today. Meeting friends for late lunch at our favorite fish place.

The days have been so beautiful. I would love to get outside and start working out my gardening plans but the backyard is still under a mess. Claudia will do a count of what plants died that need replacement. Thank goodness we had a 1 year warranty! I'd be sick having to pay for them again a 2nd time. I have my list of plants I want at nursery today. I'll take kazu's suggestion to harden them off first. I'm so happy!

Prayers and cheers!

• Like 20

Good Morning Everyone from a warm  and sunny day at the beach.

I was not a Girl Scout. I was a " Bluebird" that flew up to become a Campfire girl. Fond memories! We sold boxes of Russell Stover chocolates as a fund raiser.

My family is out of quarantine today and most will head back to work. BIL still in hospital but is doing better, Covid wise. It has been a very stressful time.

Roy-  will be thinking of you and your family today.

A very Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Be safe.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

Take out today - broiled seafood.  BIL practices meatless Fridays so during Lent our Friday menus change.  BIL and my twin sister live across the street.  We have dinner together about 4 or 5 times a week.  This has helped not to feel so lonely during this past year.

Landscapers came yesterday for first time this season.  Good timing as the last of the snow didn't melt until Wednesday!  

Thanks to all who keep this thread going.  Katherine

• Like 19

Rich"  Thank you for the DAILY Fleet report.  I like Roy's  Alternative  meal. Roy thanks for the care lisy.  I shotout all teachers who are in the classroo and teaching.  I must fo and greet the children who will be going into SS. Peter and Paul school.  Yjanks and best wishes to all the DAILIYITES,

• Like 15

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  I wasn't a Girl Scout, but I was a Brownie (the lead up to being a GS), I love plants but am known to kill them regularly, and pre-schoolers are just so darn cute!

A big Happy Birthday to @Quartzsite Cruiser, to Mrs. @VMax1700 and Mrs. @Overhead Fred - I hope you have a wonderful day today.

So yesterday morning our 14 year old toaster gave up the ghost, which led to DH and I heading to Walmart to pick up a new one.  With prices ranging from $11 to $135, we chose one on the lower end after DH said "I just want one that makes toast, not one that will also start my car."  LOL   Strangely enough, I came across this yesterday which kind of sums it up as well.

image.thumb.png.101aa48479ab73e8bd3518d0d76c0002.png

The bookings have opened up here in Saskatchewan for Covid jabs; first was 85+, today is 80+, and hopefully by early next week it will be 75+ so I can book DH his appointment.  Of course, it all depends on how much vaccine is allotted to our province as well.  Fingers crossed.

I like today's menu suggestion (although it reminds me of Hamburger Helper), but it's Friday, so that means it's pizza night at our house.  And wine.   Again, I'd follow Roy anywhere with most of his menu suggestions - today's would suit me perfectly!

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Extra hugs for Roy.  Raising the wine glasses to toast all on the celebration list.  Stay safe, be well, wash your hands and wear your mask(s).

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1