Foods you miss on Celebrity

El Crucero

12 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

anything that is prepared , served and dishes taken away later

That’s what my wife says!! She also loves the Goat cheese Soufflé. So do I.

As to the ‘being served’ as being No 1, I once suggested we rent an RV and take an extended vacation driving around the US. My wife gave me the classic ‘cold stare’ and said, ‘Oh yes, lets put the kitchen, bathroom and bed all in one contraption and then place to clean all those items including our clothing, and call that a vacation’. I caught on quickly. 

Den

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Denny01 said:

That’s what my wife says!! She also loves the Goat cheese Soufflé. So do I.

As to the ‘being served’ as being No 1, I once suggested we rent an RV and take an extended vacation driving around the US. My wife gave me the classic ‘cold stare’ and said, ‘Oh yes, lets put the kitchen, bathroom and bed all in one contraption and then place to clean all those items including our clothing, and call that a vacation’. I caught on quickly. 

Den

Den your wife and my wife think EXACTLY the same (we have a long range cruising boat and she hates it) and I am starting to agree with your wife!  My wife LOVES Celebrity, no making the bed, no cleaning the room, no cooking, no washing dishes, no changing the sheets, loves the food, being waited on hand and foot, etc. etc. etc.  She loves the ocean, loves cruising, and enjoys having a glass of wine on the veranda in the afternoon.  What's not to like?

Edited by El Crucero
  • Like 7

Food wonderful food.

I love the English Breakfast section in the Ocean View Cafe. Bacon, bacon, bacon, grilled tomatoes, sauteed mushrooms, NO BLACK PUDDING, maybe some beans then a couple of nice eggs on toast.

Any of the pastries in Cafe al Bacio I enjoy those with tea but my wife likes lattes.

My wife loved the lamb shank, I like prime rib and the Beef Wellington (more because it is not on many menus) and it is nicely prepared.

Edited by Blackduck59
typo

My dw would say escargot which she orders every single night at dinner.  When in Luminae she orders them from the MDR menu.  I miss the pistachio roll in Luminae.

Nobody has said (yet) that they miss the burgers from the poolside/mast grill! 

Edited by TeeRick

17 hours ago, El Crucero said:

Ah yes, do it gorilla style

- get a couple of pieces of cheese from the OV Cafe.  Ask for a burger hot off the grill and slap the OV cheese on top.  

- ask for a hot dog and ask it to be split long-wise and slap on top of the cheese burger

- ask for a scoop of fried onions ON TOP OF YOUR FRIES, then slap the other piece on cheese on top.

- wash it down with your favorite cerveza (Pacifico if they have it).

Now you are talking decadent!

And how many pounds????

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TeeRick said:

My dw would say escargot which she orders every single night at dinner.  When in Luminae she orders them from the MDR menu.  I miss the pistachio roll in Luminae.

Nobody has said (yet) that they miss the burgers from the poolside/mast grill! 

they get a bad rap

10 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

I've always loved X's Beef Wellington.  I've never seen it on any restaurant menu at home.

Also love sweet potato fries but can't remember if they were on X, RCI or HAL.

Had the BW in Normandie, was very VERY good!

1 hour ago, ChucktownSteve said:

I miss the buffet's overcooked mystery meat smothered with heavy sauces in those dutch ovens. 😁

The mystery meat provides a form of exercise for your gums.  

I do miss everything  in Murano,  Lawn Club Grill and breakfast in Blu.   Don't miss the  pizza and hamburgers.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, keesar said:

The mystery meat provides a form of exercise for your gums.  

I do miss everything  in Murano,  Lawn Club Grill and breakfast in Blu.   Don't miss the  pizza and hamburgers.

Mast Grill turkey burgers are greasylicious, tomato and extra mayo....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Mast Grill turkey burgers are greasylicious, tomato and extra mayo....

I always go for the turkey burgers too. In my experience they're cooked while you wait so you get them hot off the grill. I like mine with grilled onions.