The Daily for Wednesday Apr 21, 2021

richwmn

1 hour ago, durangoscots said:

Morning to everyone. I am also a bit earlier than usual this morning. Looks like it is going to be another sunny and windy day here. Will be working inside most of the day.

I drink tea in the afternoons and sometimes in the morning if I am traveling and not happy with the taste of the coffee. Have not been to today's port. Probably lovely.

Yesterday was  a sad day for me as I lost my scottie to cancer. He was 11 years old and I had him from a small pup. I had noticed him slowing down the past week or so and when he would not eat yesterday, it was off to the vet. Liver cancer is,  unfortunately,  is common in the breed. So now it is me and the Shih Tzu and I think it will stay that way. It is the first time in 45 years that I have not had a scottie.

Susan

I am so sorry to hear this!    Always so hard to lose a faithful friend! 

• Like 7

Morning to everyone. I am also a bit earlier than usual this morning. Looks like it is going to be another sunny and windy day here. Will be working inside most of the day.

I drink tea in the afternoons and sometimes in the morning if I am traveling and not happy with the taste of the coffee. Have not been to today's port. Probably lovely.

Yesterday was  a sad day for me as I lost my scottie to cancer. He was 11 years old and I had him from a small pup. I had noticed him slowing down the past week or so and when he would not eat yesterday, it was off to the vet. Liver cancer is,  unfortunately,  is common in the breed. So now it is me and the Shih Tzu and I think it will stay that way. It is the first time in 45 years that I have not had a scottie.

Susan

So sorry to hear this. Our animals are so special to us. 

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Funny Hello, Is It Tea You're Looking For Coffee Mug - Yellow Octopus

Human tea bag joke - (With Picture)

How to drink tea joke - (With Picture)

Tea joke about teaspoon - (With Picture)

45 Tea Puns We Can't Get Enough Of | Tease Tea

Tea Jokes

The Tea cup and the Coffee mug joke | Etsy | Tea cups, Coffee mugs, Mugs

Stirring Up Cartoons and Comics - funny pictures from CartoonStock

Don’t know how you do it!   These are great! I am a real tea granny, I have over 100 kinds.  Love passion fruit green tea the best, hate chamomile and coffee is only for Monti Christos! 

76374AEE-05BB-415E-BC8A-2068D2BF3C80.jpeg

AD2A1127-34D1-480C-9472-A11579BECCF8.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 21
  • Haha 1

Good morning and thanks all!  That wine sounds good!  Happy 95 th birthday Her Majesty!  Hard to believe!  It’s our anniversary today so we will celebrate  all the above as well!   Like others we too were married at Easter.

F7383B3C-C5CC-49C0-B4CC-CA3A2BDE4567.jpeg

B1F04FC5-CCE8-43DD-9E27-8CA508561940.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 23

It's been a busy morning at the Daily!  Happy Birthday to @sailingdutchy and Her Majesty!  So sorry about the loss of your puppy dog, @durangoscots.  Happy Anniversary, @bennybear!  And for those beginning to move around, it is great to hear that the world is opening up again!  DS and his partner have had their jabs,  DD here has been offered the AstraZeneca one, I think she is going to wait for Pfizer, and DD in Gander has said she thinks she will be getting AstraZeneca, perhaps they don't have the freezers available for the others.  So, some good news, but things are not altogether as they should be.  

But the sun is shining, my back seems to have recovered from my last bout of gardening, so I can go out today and plant a few more of my babies, and DD is making dinner tonight - a seafood boil.  We shall see!

I'm not much of a tea drinker any more, much prefer coffee.  Pat drinks a decaffeinated green tea, unless we are on a ship, when he likes a latte in the Explorations Cafe!   I was a legal secretary in the far distant past, does that count?  And all I remember from Kindergarten was learning to tie my shoelaces, that was a great event.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks all!  That wine sounds good!  Happy 95 th birthday Her Majesty!  Hard to believe!  It’s our anniversary today so we will celebrate  all the above as well!   Like others we too were married at Easter.

F7383B3C-C5CC-49C0-B4CC-CA3A2BDE4567.jpeg

B1F04FC5-CCE8-43DD-9E27-8CA508561940.jpeg

Happy anniversary. Will raise a glass to you tonight!

• Like 10

Well, yesterday's haircuts were a great success! A great load of my mind so to speak. Now I just have to charge up the beard trimmer....

Today in 2018 we were disembarking the Koningsdam after a wonderful 24 day cruise. We went to the Hotel Savoy for a couple of nights so we could do some Rome sightseeing. We had lunch on the rooftop while our rooms were getting prepared -

DSC_0008.thumb.JPG.ee3ef177ec734c3eeaf2ca6f3cd9f758.JPG

First order of business was to track down a leather worker that Mitzi knew from a previous visit. She order a new custom made purse -

DSC_0021.thumb.JPG.c6734d798fd33ff9491807497668cac1.JPGDSC_0020.thumb.JPG.4bf482186fd4615e018a9714e3f93d97.JPG

We then took the HOHO bus to get our first (well, my first) look at the city

1676596333_DSC_0030(2).thumb.JPG.60a97f72ed3423c44747fe0e547da44b.JPG832282132_DSC_0044(2).thumb.JPG.9d483ea6dbabc13b96058c65ae59fc5d.JPGDSC_0054.thumb.JPG.bd162a922e196a76c8336651a4aa26f8.JPG333086803_DSC_0055(2).thumb.JPG.ab5ae9643abb788b5510d7fcaa62c763.JPG

And then had a lovely diner at Angolo Dell'Aurora (http://ristoranteangolodellaurora.com/)

which was just a block or two from the hotel. The owner was part of a jazz group that played throughout the evening. Unfortunately, I did not bring a camera. 

Edited by Overhead Fred
  • Like 23

Susan

Oh, Susan, I am so sorry.  I hope all your wonderful memories help ease your pain. 

• Like 9

Thank you very much Roy @rafinmd  for your good wishes , all because thanks to Ann @VictOriann spilling the beans that is is my BD today Thank You Ann  and thank you all the Daily ites for all the good wishes  I am blushing and I am certainly not feeling alone today . 

For the last 9 years I believe I celebrated my BD’s at sea on the wonderful BHB’s and my children were always complaining why are you never at home  dad so we can celebrate with you , now we are at home because we can not travel and they can not come over and celebrate due to the Covid restrictions …………...that's life .....but I feel blessed .

And yes besides Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth celebrating today I mentioned to DW that also His Majesty is celebrating today………… that did not go over all that well ......…..but DW surprised me with a delicious breakfast this morning . Also this is what we woke up to in London , Ontario ........the weatherman was certainly correct when in the beginning of April he forecasted that there would be one day of snow in April on the 21st ! 

IMG_4467.thumb.JPG.df9e9cd208c1e62cbdd9de3fc2de861f.JPG

IMG_4482.thumb.JPG.b66a90cadf33e06a2c3934b09edd332a.JPG

My throne ……..so sad ……..

IMG_4485.thumb.JPG.208aedddfbf15ca12ab60ff6c32fc491.JPG

Even the Cardinal came to visit early this morning in a snow-covered Magnolia .

IMG_4489.thumb.JPG.81120b267eecac3966705199c012ecc2.JPG

I might as well show some pictures from late last week when we had beautiful weather and about 9 deer came to visit and half a dozen wild turkeys. So I will show some pictures of them because I do not expect a lot of photo’s of that Norwegian Port today 

1521506434_IMG_44782.thumb.JPG.c3a3c694450bc71e350d1c569d00d9b7.JPG

IMG_4471.thumb.JPG.a082d532255133fefb4b8fa57c7bbc61.JPG

Waiting for the Baltimore Orioles and the Hummingbirds , maybe after the snow  

IMG_4470.thumb.JPG.e4f5c2bf1554b0fcb17cd1251e8e80d9.JPG

Have a wonderful day everybody , take care , stay safe and look at the bright side  ! 
And Thank You all ! 

Tony 😄😄
  • Like 22

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

Last night I felt something funny while eating dinner, and realized a crown was loose. This morning it fell out. I had been afraid that would happen during the night and I might choke on it or swallow it. Off to the dentist this afternoon.

Oh, my gosh we're twins!   I'm heading to the dentist to have my temporary crown glued back on.  They just don't make things like they used to.

Happy Birthday @sailingdutchy!  Today is my sister's birthday as well.

@durangoscots I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your scottie.  I know that leaves a hole in your heart.  

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mamaofami said:

Good morning everyone. After an annoying night because the pressure bandage extended to my nose and I had to breathe through my mouth, I’ve showered, removed the bandage , treated the wound and replaced the bandage with a baseline patch and a bandaid. I can breathe and feel a lot better. I have to keep changing the bandage and applying Vaseline for a month.

Stay safe everyone.

Carol

Carol thank goodness it was basal cell.

Allen had his 3rd B.C. MOHS surgery on his temple on March 10th. It was the worst one he's had, very deep, multi inside stitches and outside staples, 2 black eyes... Today you can not tell he had a 6.5 inch scar on his face. Hang in there!

Joy

Edited by Seasick Sailor
  • Like 12

13 minutes ago, sailingdutchy said:
Thank you very much Roy @rafinmd  for your good wishes , all because thanks to Ann @VictOriann spilling the beans that is is my BD today Thank You Ann  and thank you all the Daily ites for all the good wishes  I am blushing and I am certainly not feeling alone today . 

For the last 9 years I believe I celebrated my BD’s at sea on the wonderful BHB’s and my children were always complaining why are you never at home  dad so we can celebrate with you , now we are at home because we can not travel and they can not come over and celebrate due to the Covid restrictions …………...that's life .....but I feel blessed .

And yes besides Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth celebrating today I mentioned to DW that also His Majesty is celebrating today………… that did not go over all that well ......…..but DW surprised me with a delicious breakfast this morning . Also this is what we woke up to in London , Ontario ........the weatherman was certainly correct when in the beginning of April he forecasted that there would be one day of snow in April on the 21st ! 

IMG_4467.thumb.JPG.df9e9cd208c1e62cbdd9de3fc2de861f.JPG

IMG_4482.thumb.JPG.b66a90cadf33e06a2c3934b09edd332a.JPG

My throne ……..so sad ……..

IMG_4485.thumb.JPG.208aedddfbf15ca12ab60ff6c32fc491.JPG

Even the Cardinal came to visit early this morning in a snow-covered Magnolia .

IMG_4489.thumb.JPG.81120b267eecac3966705199c012ecc2.JPG

I might as well show some pictures from late last week when we had beautiful weather and about 9 deer came to visit and half a dozen wild turkeys. So I will show some pictures of them because I do not expect a lot of photo’s of that Norwegian Port today 

1521506434_IMG_44782.thumb.JPG.c3a3c694450bc71e350d1c569d00d9b7.JPG

IMG_4471.thumb.JPG.a082d532255133fefb4b8fa57c7bbc61.JPG

Waiting for the Baltimore Orioles and the Hummingbirds , maybe after the snow  

IMG_4470.thumb.JPG.e4f5c2bf1554b0fcb17cd1251e8e80d9.JPG

Have a wonderful day everybody , take care , stay safe and look at the bright side  ! 
And Thank You all ! 

Tony 😄😄

Happy birthday!  Love the magnolia and cardinal photo! 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

It has been a beautiful day in Cork, with blue skies and a slack wind (that sounds very nautical doesn't it?)

We are high up the list of tea drinkers in the world, #2 according to some sources and Irish people take their tea seriously.  There is a brand of tea that is blended in Cork and is greatly missed by those who emigrate to foreign shores.  So, when we knew that Noel O'Driscoll, a Cork man. was to be Master on our Koningsdam cruise, we brought him a box of Cork Tea bags!  He gave us a tour of the bridge in return! 😁

@rafinmdperhaps you would add 'Soccer Fans in Europe' to the shout out list as a celebration of their victory against the big business owners and the end of 'European Super League'.  #fanpower

Happy Birthday @sailingdutchy

@durangoscotssorry to hear about your scottie.

@mamaofamiglad the surgery went well and look after that wound.

@bennybear happy anniversary and many, many more! 

ASH_8228_R.jpg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mamaofami said:

Good morning everyone. After an annoying night because the pressure bandage extended to my nose and I had to breathe through my mouth, I’ve showered, removed the bandage , treated the wound and replaced the bandage with a baseline patch and a bandaid. I can breathe and feel a lot better. I have to keep changing the bandage and applying Vaseline for a month.

Stay safe everyone.

Carol

Good news Carol.  I’m glad you are feeling much better.  Hoping you continue to improve every day 🤞 

2 hours ago, durangoscots said:

So sorry to hear this 😢 It’s so hard to send our fur babies to the Rainbow Bridge.  I hope you can take a bit of comfort in knowing you did the right thing and remembering ll the good times you had with your Scottie.

• Like 11

8 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

rafinmdperhaps you would add 'Soccer Fans in Europe' to the shout out list as a celebration of their victory against the big business owners and the end of 'European Super League'.  #fanpower

DH was sure happy to hear that news 🙂 

• Like 7

Goodness, many prayers and Cheers today. @durangoscots I'm so sorry you lost your precious pet. Your scottie will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge. 🐕

Birthday wishes for Queen Elisabeth,  Sailingdutchy and Happy Anniversary to bennybear.

Accidentally met friends for lunch yesterday. They walked in for lunch about 10 minutes after we sat down. Nice surprise. 

Mahjongg teaching in an hour. Cool day today. 55 degrees so not playing outside this afternoon. 

Blessings, Cheers and Prayers.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon from a very chilly central Texas.  It was 37F and sunny this morning when I left to run errands and get a hair cut.  By the time I got home, it was 44F, cloudy and breezy, which made it feel colder than when I left.  

@dfish @superoma @ger_77  Not that I like it, but I'll take our weather over your snow.  The weather this year has really been weird.

I worked as a secretary/administrative assistant, and I realized what some bosses don't ever  figure out, that we make them look good.   🤣  I had some great bosses over the years, including DH, and a few stinkers too.

I do not care for coffee, but like a cup of tea, occasionally.  Usually, if I want something hot, it will be hot chocolate.  Most of my tea drinking is iced tea since we live in warm climates.  My caffeine fix is either diet Dr. Pepper or Coke Zero. 

I admire the kindergarten teachers who have the patience to do the job.  My kindergarten was in the sunroom of the teachers house, as there was no public school kindergarten  then.  Our DDs not only went to kindergarten, but a pre-kindergarten at the local elementary school.  

The quote of the day is good.

@sailingdutchy   🥂    🎂   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  

@bennybear          HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!   🥂

@superoma  Glad you are feeling better today.  Hope the healing goes quickly.

@rafinmd Thanks for the mention on the celebration list. 

@daisybertie  Congratulations on your shot appoimnents.

@lindaler  The daffodils are lovely.  Safe travels

@durangoscots  We're sorry about the loss of your Scottie.  They become such a part of the family and losing them is hard.  Hope the memories of the good times comfort you.

@garlictown The picture of the gnome reminded me that the news last night said there is a shortage of garden gnomes, since there is a shortage of the material to make them because of the ship that was stuck in the Suez Canal.  

Like everyone else today, we haven't been to Vik.  

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone and Happy Wednesday!  Thank you for the Daily Rich and thank you for your lists Roy. 

I didn’t read the Daily yesterday until really late so didn’t post. I haven’t been feeling good and finally went to urgent care on Monday. Turns out I have bilateral ear infections and my right ear drum ruptured. I really should know better having worked for an ear, nose and throat medical group for 25 years. I’m on antibiotics but still don’t feel my best. 

DH drinks Earl Grey tea every morning.   Kindergarten is very important for children!  I remember my own Kindergarten days well, it was all day and we had nap time every day after lunch on our rugs. Administrative Professionals Day was Secretary’s Day when I first started working and the medical group I worked for always gave us a plant and took us out for a long lunch. 

So much happening yesterday and today!

@superomaPraying for you!  And so sorry to hear about your loss of your friend and neighbor. 

@mamaofami I pray that you heal fast after your BCC surgery. Sorry about your night’s sleep, make sure to rest. 

@Cruzin Terri Sorry for your loss of your friend. 

@durangoscots I’m so sorry about your loss. The loss of our four legged loved ones break our hearts. ♥️

@Crazy For Cats Have a great get away!  Hope the cats don’t miss you too much. 

@lindaler Have a great trip!

Happy birthday @sailingdutchy!  And Queen Elizabeth!  🎂

@NextOne How is your DH doing?

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1