Texas Gov. Greg Abbott joins the party...

And as posted many place by now today it is meaningless to cruises. 

If it doesnt apply to cruises I dont care. Lol and I live in texas. Carnival looked and no effect. Vista still scheduled july 3rd for a vaccinated cruise. No drama, how boring. Well those with kids less than happy .. ok there is some drama in that no matter what choice someone is unhappy.

• Like 1

We have federal HIPPA laws to prevent this. What would people say if you had to prove your status on AIDS/HIV? What about contact tracing? Until Congress changes the law it is law, COVID or no COVID.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Junkhouse said:

We have federal HIPPA laws to prevent this. What would people say if you had to prove your status on AIDS/HIV? What about contact tracing? Until Congress changes the law it is law, COVID or no COVID.

And the beat goes on.  As has been said repeatedly, in various forms, HIPAA does NOT apply to vaccination status IF it is voluntarily proved by the individual. HIPAA applies specifically to medical providers and others releasing medical information WITHOUT authorization from the individual. Period. End of story. Let’s move on!

Edited by harkinmr
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, harkinmr said:

And the beat goes on.  As has been said repeatedly, in various forms, HIPPA does NOT apply to vaccination status IF it is voluntarily proved by the individual. HIPPA applies specifically to medical providers and others releasing medical information WITHOUT authorization from the individual. Period. End of story. Let’s move on!

I thought it is HIPAA....

Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, coffeebean said:

is a federal law that required the creation of national standards to protect sensitive patient health information from being disclosed without the patient’s consent or knowledge. 

**This is all you need to know about the law.  If you show your CDC card confirming you have been vaccitinated, you aren't violating HIPPA.  

HIPPA was established for those with access to your medical records, doctor, nurses and those that access the data working for medical hospitals, clinics and doctor offices.

• Like 5

If a cruise includes in its itinerary a port that has a strict MUST BE VACCINATED requirement aren't passengers  that travel via AIR required to show proof of vaccination before boarding a plane ???

Does someone have an answer ?

Edited by boscobeans

Just now, boscobeans said:

If a cruise includes in its itinerary a port that has a strict MUST BE VACCINATED requirement aren't passengers  that travel via AIR required to show proof of vaccination before boarding a plane ???

Yes, but I don't think we have any country like that, yet.

• Like 1

The most interesting nugget from this article is this....  

Norwegian said Monday it would be restarting its cruises from Miami in August with fully vaccinated passengers and crew. The company does not currently operate out of Galveston but plans to start next year.

would welcome them to Galveston! As it just might keep the pricing in competition mode, plus offer up some different iteneraries. We need some Southern Caribbean 10-12 day cruises. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Junkhouse said:

That's not "a thing".  May want to reassess where you're getting your information.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other/can-businesses-ask-proof-of-covid-19-vaccination-experts-explain-hipaa/ar-AAKnqir

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

The most interesting nugget from this article is this....  

Norwegian said Monday it would be restarting its cruises from Miami in August with fully vaccinated passengers and crew. The company does not currently operate out of Galveston but plans to start next year.

would welcome them to Galveston! As it just might keep the pricing in competition mode, plus offer up some different iteneraries. We need some Southern Caribbean 10-12 day cruises. 

I went out of Galveston on Carnival my last cruise before the shutdown.  I like sailing from there.  Good to know NCL will be doing so in the near future.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

I went out of Galveston on Carnival my last cruise before the shutdown.  I like sailing from there.  Good to know NCL will be doing so in the near future.

I have cruised from Galveston before and intend to again but getting to and from Galveston is a pain in the butt.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

Great! Take more ships to CA!

FL and Texas have four the busiest cruise ports in the world. Trust me - many of us won't cruise out of California as the routes are limited.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Only if the FL law conflict is resolved.

55 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

Texas' law is a lot more flexible thank Florida's.

How so? It appears modeled after Florida's law. Vaccine verifications are prohibited but masks, testing, etc. aren't. Only "better" thing is no fine - just possible business loss and loss of license, etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boscobeans said:

Does someone have an answer ?

Yes - I think this is correct.