The Daily for Saturday Jun 19, 2021

richwmn

1 hour ago, bdrcole said:

We were in Koper Slovenia in Oct 2017 on the Westerdam.  We took a walk around the town. I did not take too many pictures but it will give you an idea of the town.  

The musicians on the dock were very good.  The last picture is from the sail away.

P1020593.JPG

P1020594.JPG

P1020595.JPG

P1020597.JPG

P1020600.JPG

P1020603.JPG

P1020604.JPG

P1020606.JPG

P1020607.JPG

P1020608.JPG

P1020611.JPG

We were there on the Westerdam same time!  We were onboard 39 nights on that trip,  4 weeks in the Med.

So many wonderful memories.  At Koper, we took an "on your own" excursion out to Ljubljana. We had a fabulous local guide with us on the bus.  He was a wealth of information about the history and culture of Slovenia, and how that country managed to remain peaceful during the Soviet regime.  The upshot is that because of their geography and some other factors, they were left in relative peace to self-govern, and were not hassled too much.  

Our day in Slovenia was lovely.  We came away very impressed by the lovely forests and friendly people.  I'll look around for photos, but don't recall taking many.

• Like 22

Good morning and thank you for the Daily and all of the components that are added in each day.

It is a sunny, warm day here in SW Ontario. I've opened up the doors before the real heat hits and the birds are chirping, lifting spirits high.

So happy for the Juneteenth recognition in the States. It is a long time coming. I'll be sure to kiss those who have been around all the time today. My kids would tell you that I'm pretty good at hollerin' 😉

I'd LOVE fried chicken salad, but DH can never think of salad as a meal. He always gives me strange looks when I choose the salad on the ship for lunch.

7 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

A Nova Scotian friend has told me about her thrifty grandmother's famous (or infamous) fried salad. I have the impression that it was just salad that had wilted on its own, thrown into a frying pan and heated so that it looked intentional.

Hmm. That sounds like my skillet dinner this week. I buy them fresh in a jar, and there was a piece or two of spinach in it. It got me thinking and I threw in the tail end of my arugala that would have been tossed later in the week. The meal was tasty, and I didn't waste any food. 🤣

I'm happy to say that we have both been double vaxxed as of Thursday. Our dates moved from the last week of July/first week of August to now, so we are happy. So many other Ontarians seem to be having a terrible time with the provincial vaccine booking system. I can say that our Public Health Unit has done a good job. Now, I'm ready to watch the ships and pray that all goes well so that our cruises in 2022 go without a hitch.

We're getting ready for outdoor church services to resume tomorrow, so we are crossing our fingers for a clear morning. I anticipate that we'll be outdoors for a few weeks, before heading inside with the usual restrictions and protocols in place.

Sending prayers to those who need them, whether they ask or not, and raising my glass high for the celebrations. In our small village today, we are cheering on our graduates with a drive by parade.  Have a wonderful weekend! Blessings to everyone!

Edited by Dismomx5
  • Like 27

[This has nothing to do with HAL except that HAL sails to Alaska.]

In the Alaska forum, there are occasional questions about the lumberjack show at Ketchikan. Although the show gets favorable reviews elsewhere, the comments on CC aren't so favorable, and there is an impression that the lumberjacks are just athletic college students hired for the show. Maybe the favorable reviews were influenced by the crab feast that is part of the excursion.

Well, a friend told me the other day that her daughter, a member of an axe-throwing team  at her college here in New York, has a summer job in a "lumberjill" show in Maine.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, summer slope said:

Good Saturday morning. Unique group of days.  Plato quote interesting.  I've never had fried chicken salad, looking forward to Debbie's recipe.  Have not been to today's port, looking forward to the photo's.  I have loved all the photo's that have been shared.  Have traveled around the world without leaving home.

Prayers and toasts to our lists.

Please continue to stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask if you are comfortable doing that.

Bees Knees:

Ingredients
2 ounces gin
3/4 ounce lemon juice, freshly squeezed
1/2 ounce honey syrup
Garnish: lemon twist

Steps
Add gin, lemon juice and honey syrup into a shaker with ice and shake until well-chilled.
Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
Garnish with a lemon twist.

Screen Shot 2021-06-19 at 6.58.31 AM.png

Sounds good.

• Like 3

Good morning. Thanks for the Daily.

Good days. Juneteenth is an important date. I won't holler, and no one around to kiss today.

I like the quote.

I'll take grilled chicken salad over fried. I like the drink and wine.

I haven't been to today's port. Thanks for the pictures from those who have.

Thunder woke me up around 3AM. It's cloudy and dry now, but rain this afternoon. So no yard work today. Instead laundry and tidying up the house.

I went to see In The Heights yesterday. Only about 15 people in the theater that seats 200, spaced out, so I didn't put on my mask.

Prayers for the care list and cheers for the celebration list. I'm happy to see more of us getting their vaccines.

• Like 18

Good morning from another sunny start to the day in central Texas.

We'll celebrate all the days, but especially Juneteenth.  Growing up in Texas in the 1950s and 1905s, I knew about Juneteenth from my parents and grandparents, but at that time it was celebrated in the Black community.  It did not become a Texas state holiday until 1980, and thanks to the efforts of Opal Lee, it became a Federal holiday this week.

I have had fried chicken salad in restaurants before and it is good.  We'll pass on the meal today as last night's dinner was fried chicken cooked in the air fryer, along with corn-on-the-cob, deviled eggs and wine.  Of all the fried food I've cooked in the air fryer, fried chicken is not the same as actual fired chicken since the fat from the chicken keeps the bottom side moist not crispy.  Still, when I want fried chicken it is better than nothing.  😁🍗

Really like Plato's quote.

I'll pass on the drink unless some substitutes vodka for the gin, and the wine might be good.  🍷

I got the yard work done yesterday before it got really hot, so today I'll be doing the laundry.  We were asked to conserve energy through yesterday because of the heat, so I put the laundry off as long as possible.

We were in Koper, Slovenia, in 2016 on the Prinsendam's revised itinerary after the Black Sea cruise was cancelled.  We were there on a Sunday, so the town was fairly quiet.  The Thompson Dream (the old Westerdam) was in port with us, but were not in town when we were.  The Dream was having a major drill including passengers at the request of the local fire and rescue authorizes.  It was interesting to watch part of it from the bluff overlooking the harbor.  Thankfully, there was an elevator to reach the top of the bluff.  We walked around town and looked in a few shops that were open. Some of my pictures may be a repeat.

These were taken on the bluff before we entered the old walled part of the town.  They had a good view from here.

DSC08301.thumb.JPG.0d563a769d454e75a0fdc9a6dc1b31a4.JPG

DSC08302.thumb.JPG.a1b2c13cab9570fb66d5e141a6cb7de5.JPG

DSC08313.thumb.JPG.4e3bdbac6bcb800d870d3c55226ff119.JPG

The central square in the old city and the church tower, which a friend climbed.

DSC08304.thumb.JPG.9622c84db0f6e24b7f93936158e1f886.JPG

DSC08305.thumb.JPG.08ba3bae2bac3de784d5b058e20e6d56.JPG

DSC08306.thumb.JPG.d97d9c20b9ea8823b7219f5762ff482b.JPG

The interior of the church

DSC08308.thumb.JPG.b0e9df3e588ee250d3d58f14d12061d9.JPG

Scenes from our walk around town.

DSC08303.thumb.JPG.78e7cfb462c1cdf0440d1adf65a85c16.JPG

DSC08307.thumb.JPG.9edac2c9026beb0d702d5852273735ff.JPG

DSC08310.thumb.JPG.75d321873502671ce8eea6e545fd6865.JPG

DSC08309.thumb.JPG.dcab07f657d95b6245a0856d2cfc514e.JPG

From here you could go down to the lower part of town and the shopping district.  We decided to stay in the old town.

DSC08311.thumb.JPG.06b25d400a40d988b6ff52b6ea691c9d.JPG

A inviting looking restaurant, but it was too soon after breakfast to give it a try.

DSC08312.thumb.JPG.e2fadbbbba0e38a6d0655b8adead617b.JPG

Back on the pier with the bow of the Thompson Dream, after they finished the drill where all the passengers and crew had to evacuate the ship.  Your can see some of the locals and their vechicles in the picture.

DSC08314.thumb.JPG.706339ce75a021b8fbde6fc7360e1f41.JPG

We enjoyed our day in Koper.  At that time, I don't think may ships had called there and it wasn't a big touristy port.

Lenda

• Like 31

Nice and cool here this morning when Bandit and I headed out so we went about double our usual distance. It will be hot later in the day and windy. We are getting thunder storms around us, but unfortunately for our area no rain... just dry lightening. Our fires are out at the present. They hit them really hard and fast. We have an air tanker and other planes at our local airport. We just have fingers crossed for the rest of the season. Building painting is finished and the window I have been trying to get replaced since last October is in!!!.... finally. Patio door is scheduled of end of July!!! And the landscaper who is supposed to putting in a rock garden has had to reschedule. Seems his help has decided to take a week or so off. Good thing I am not going anywhere. Just have to settle for thinking about cruising.... and wishing.

Take care all... it seems like things are going up and down these days. Not to mention around in circles. Like the Tilt-A-Whirls at the local fairs.

Susan

• Like 19

👍Thank You to Rich @richwmn for The Daily and to Roy @rafinmd for the Care and Celebration Lists.

Most of our earlier cruises were with Princess🚢 and Slovenia wasn't on the itinerary....only Dubrovnik and Split in Croatia and Kotor, Montenegro. Thank you to @Sir PMP and @bdrcole for your photos.

😉We pretty much stay away from fried foods and will go w/ grilled chicken on salads. 💗 a good salad.

I really enjoy the memes, Jacqui @kazu.

🙏Prayers to all in need🙏 and Happy Juneteenth!

enews-juneteenth-3-768x256.jpg

• Like 22

Good morning everyone. Yesterday we had a conference with all the therapists working with Sam. He’s come a very long way since June 6, but still has a ways to go. The report was good, but sobering.

The day went down hill from there. I got an email from Lexus saying the papers I faxed back to them to extend my lease had a mistake that they made when they put in the wrong maturity date, off by 2 days. I had to refax a new document which would have been fine, but Sam’s computer and printer weren’t working and my computer was never hooked up to the new printer. My computer genius came and fixed everything and he faxed back the papers.

Then, Sam reported to my daughter that a nurse and aide took him to the bathroom via wheelchair and left him there alone. He stood up to leave and fell. This, in the number four rehab facility in the country. You can believe we reported it to everyone in charge. To their credit, the two had already reported it and said no injuries. Just lucky.

I finally broke down and cried. It was a long time in coming and relieved some of my stress.

Another week and I will be fully vaccinated. YEA.

Carol

Edited by mamaofami
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 4

Thanks Rich and Roy and all dailyites.  Today is warm and clear if not pure hot by this afternoon. I will move my little Casita travel trailer over to the full hook up site and make up the bed, stock the fridge with ice water, and in general get ready for my sister’s visit. They will come in tomorrow afternoon and my bil requested I make meatloaf for dinner. Apparently it is the only thing my sister doesn’t make as well as me. If you can’t tell, I’m excited. It promises to be a great visit. My sister and I will kayak and my bil will do a bicycle ride to Crater Lake Park and back. Over 60 miles and several thousand feet in elevation change. Air kisses to all ( don’t you just love it when they do that in the movies).  

• Like 20

16 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

Good morning everyone. Yesterday we had a conference with all the therapists working with Sam. He’s come a very long way since June 6, but still has a ways to go. The report was good, but sobering.

The day went down hill from there. I got an email from Lexus saying the papers I faxed back to them to extend my lease had a mistake that they made when they put in the wrong maturity date, off by 2 days. I had to refax a new document which would have been fine, but Sam’s computer and printer weren’t working and my computer was never hooked up to the new printer. My computer genius came and fixed everything and he faxed back the papers.

Then, Sam reported to my daughter that a nurse and aide took him to the bathroom via wheelchair and left him there alone. He stood up to leave and fell. This, in the number four rehab facility in the country. You can believe we reported it to everyone in charge. To their credit, the two had already reported it and said no injuries. Just lucky.

I finally broke down and cried. It was a long time in coming and relieved some of my stress.

Carol

Hugs Carol. You have been through the wringer.  Praying that things go more smoothly for you & Sam. 

• Like 15

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  Happy Juneteenth!  The day of recognition that has taken all too long to be made official.  I don't holler often, but if/when I do, those I'm hollering at had better pay attention.  LOL  I will kiss DH today, as I do every day.

We haven't been to today's port, but have been to Dubrovnik; DH would love to take a land tour to discover more places such as Slovenia, but we haven't looked into it that far.  I've had the Bees Knees and found it a delightful drink, both sweet and sour.  I'm pretty sure I'd like today's wine selection, as I enjoy reds.

A sail-away thread?  Awesome!  It's been so long since we've had one of those - another step toward normalcy.  It's good to see things gradually opening up again, but we're a little concerned about our neighbouring province - Alberta - where yesterday it was declared that they would be lifting all restrictions effective July 1st.  Not a gradual return to normal, just all at once - will have to see how that plays out.  In talking with DS last night, he's quite skeptical about tearing off his mask and returning to the crowded venues again.  Can't say I blame him.

A neat meal suggestion today, but I won't be cooking this afternoon as DH's kids are coming over to prepare a surprise meal for him while he's out of the house performing at an outdoor venue.   All I have to do is clean up the kitchen and set the table . . . works for me!  I'm not sure what the menu is, but it will be sure to please all palates.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Yay for those getting their 2nd jabs.  Raising the glasses to toast all on the celebration list.  Stay well, be safe, wash your hands and wear your masks when you need to.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 24

Good morning all!

Well I managed to not fall off the ladder yesterday when I picked pie cherries at my niece's house.  I also didn't get a lot of cherries because most of the ripe ones were way up high and even IF their ladder had been tall enough, I wouldn't have gone up that high 😉  But it was a nice afternoon just being able to visit with my niece.  She's the daughter of my sister who passed away in 2010.

Today is another full day, we're going to see the special dinosaur exhibit at the Seattle zoo with DD, DSIL and the boys.  I may have some photos for tomorrow.   DD asked if we could stay with the boys tonight so she and DSIL could go to dinner for a date night.  Of course we said yes.  They couldn't go anywhere without the boys for over a year, and deserve some alone time. 🙂  

Juneteenth is so deserving it's own day, and I will try to do more kissing than hollering today!  The meal sounds really good, but it most likely will be take-out tonight with the boys.

We were in Koper on our last cruise in 2019 and will be there again (hopefully) this fall.  Last time we took a bus to Piran, about 30 miles away.  It was lovely, we just wandered, browsed, and had some delicious treats.  Next time we have a tour to Postojna Cave and Predjama Castle.  It looks amazing, with an electric train ride through the cave.  Here are some photos of Piran -- my photos of Koper would just be repeats.

921138425_boatsinPiran.jpg.bbb6965be5600687cd2bef15c7ca09ad.jpg

walkway.thumb.jpg.69b862396fa8389588ed27261669ef8b.jpg

boats.jpg.ee0084db99804aa96c107470976b5713.jpg

714244423_CourtyardPiran.jpg.b43dc9edb6e1adf5efe90477b2f29abb.jpg

28777651_DoorwayPiran.thumb.jpg.f3950ed56cfd4661716d20f6707e1304.jpg

964829561_Lookingout.jpg.373a755d26b6db933058c563ccdebe88.jpg

I'm still drooling over the Kremsnika I had.  DH had the chocolate croissant

Kremsnika.jpg.c65066a3d098fee2afad6062752e4e60.jpg

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Good  morning  everyone. I  am  excited  that  Juneteenth is  being  celebrated and  will   certainly cheer  for  that.  DH  and  I  always  celebrate  kissing  days  and  will  be  happy  to  continue. Like  @ger_77, if  I  holler  it  is  rare  but   I  do get the  needed  attention.  The  recipe  looks  good but  we  have  other  things  in  mind  for  today  and  tomorrow. We  are  planning  a  Father's  Day  BBQ  with  plenty  of  salads,especially  for  the  vegetarians in  the  family. I  made  potato  salad  and  a  chick  pea  salad  so  far  this  morning  but  need  to  cut  up  the  vegetables  for  grilling  later. If  she  feels  well  enough, Tana  and  her  son  will  join  us. If  not,  we  do  delivery  across  the  city.

@mamaofami, I  am  sorry  to  hear  about  Sam's  fall but  happy  to  hear  he  was  not  injured  further. I  hope  you  can  have  a  less  stressful  day  today  and  that  things improve. Recovery  after  something  like  this  takes  a  fair  amount  of  time.

We  have  not  been  to  the  port  but  love  seeing  the  pictures.

The  warm  weather  is  returning  here  with  afternoon  thunderstorms  expected.         Terry

• Like 19

41 minutes ago, durangoscots said:

Nice and cool here this morning when Bandit and I headed out so we went about double our usual distance. It will be hot later in the day and windy. We are getting thunder storms around us, but unfortunately for our area no rain... just dry lightening. Our fires are out at the present. They hit them really hard and fast. We have an air tanker and other planes at our local airport. We just have fingers crossed for the rest of the season. Building painting is finished and the window I have been trying to get replaced since last October is in!!!.... finally. Patio door is scheduled of end of July!!! And the landscaper who is supposed to putting in a rock garden has had to reschedule. Seems his help has decided to take a week or so off. Good thing I am not going anywhere. Just have to settle for thinking about cruising.... and wishing.

Take care all... it seems like things are going up and down these days. Not to mention around in circles. Like the Tilt-A-Whirls at the local fairs.

Susan

Susan, great news that your fire is out.  I hope that is it for this year.  Colorado really got slammed with wildfires last year, and doesn't need a repeat.  Glad you got your window FINALLY.  Hope the door comes sooner rather than later.  And good that the painters are finished.  Maybe the landscaper's workers will be rested and ready to work hard when they come back.

35 minutes ago, garlictown said:

😉We pretty much stay away from fried foods and will go w/ grilled chicken on salads. 💗 a good salad.

We got our air fryer so we could cut way down on the grease and oil.  I just spritz a light coat of oil on the "fried" food and it tastes like the real thing without all the oil and calories, not to mention the mess..

25 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

Carol

Carol, glad Sam has made a lot of progress and hope he continues to make progress at the same rate.  Sorry that the nurse and aide forgot Sam and that he fell.  Glad he was not hurt, but you were correct to contact the facility.  It was a good sign that the nurse and aide had already reported the incident.  Glad you got your computer problems solved, but sorry all the work you did on the car lease had to be redone.

A good, long crying spell is a great stress reliever.  Take care for yourself.

9 minutes ago, lindaler said:

Thanks Rich and Roy and all dailyites.  Today is warm and clear if not pure hot by this afternoon. I will move my little Casita travel trailer over to the full hook up site and make up the bed, stock the fridge with ice water, and in general get ready for my sister’s visit. They will come in tomorrow afternoon and my bil requested I make meatloaf for dinner. Apparently it is the only thing my sister doesn’t make as well as me. If you can’t tell, I’m excited. It promises to be a great visit. My sister and I will kayak and my bil will do a bicycle ride to Crater Lake Park and back. Over 60 miles and several thousand feet in elevation change. Air kisses to all ( don’t you just love it when they do that in the movies).  

Enjoy your visit with your sister and BIL.  Hope it is not too hot for BIL's bike ride.

Lenda

• Like 18

16 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

Well I managed to not fall off the ladder yesterday when I picked pie cherries at my niece's house.  I also didn't get a lot of cherries because most of the ripe ones were way up high and even IF their ladder had been tall enough, I wouldn't have gone up that high 😉  But it was a nice afternoon just being able to visit with my niece.  She's the daughter of my sister who passed away in 2010.

Today is another full day, we're going to see the special dinosaur exhibit at the Seattle zoo with DD, DSIL and the boys.  I may have some photos for tomorrow.   DD asked if we could stay with the boys tonight so she and DSIL could go to dinner for a date night.  Of course we said yes.  They couldn't go anywhere without the boys for over a year, and deserve some alone time. 🙂  

Juneteenth is so deserving it's own day, and I will try to do more kissing than hollering today!  The meal sounds really good, but it most likely will be take-out tonight with the boys.

We were in Koper on our last cruise in 2019 and will be there again (hopefully) this fall.  Last time we took a bus to Piran, about 30 miles away.  It was lovely, we just wandered, browsed, and had some delicious treats.  Next time we have a tour to Postojna Cave and Predjama Castle.  It looks amazing, with an electric train ride through the cave.  Here are some photos of Piran -- my photos of Koper would just be repeats.

Thanks for the pictures of other places in Slovenia.  They gave me ideas of other places to visit the next time we're in Koper.  Glad you got some cherries and had a nice visit with your niece.  Cnjoy your day with the family and your night with the DGS.

6 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Good  morning  everyone. I  am  excited  that  Juneteenth is  being  celebrated and  will   certainly cheer  for  that.  DH  and  I  always  celebrate  kissing  days  and  will  be  happy  to  continue. Like  @ger_77, if  I  holler  it  is  rare  but   I  do get the  needed  attention.  The  recipe  looks  good but  we  have  other  things  in  mind  for  today  and  tomorrow. We  are  planning  a  Father's  Day  BBQ  with  plenty  of  salads,especially  for  the  vegetarians in  the  family. I  made  potato  salad  and  a  chick  pea  salad  so  far  this  morning  but  need  to  cut  up  the  vegetables  for  grilling  later. If  she  feels  well  enough, Tana  and  her  son  will  join  us. If  not,  we  do  delivery  across  the  city.

@mamaofami, I  am  sorry  to  hear  about  Sam's  fall but  happy  to  hear  he  was  not  injured  further. I  hope  you  can  have  a  less  stressful  day  today  and  that  things improve. Recovery  after  something  like  this  takes  a  fair  amount  of  time.

We  have  not  been  to  the  port  but  love  seeing  the  pictures.

The  warm  weather  is  returning  here  with  afternoon  thunderstorms  expected.         Terry

Your family BBQ sounds great, and I know you will enjoy it.  Hope Tana and her son will be able to join you.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

Good morning to all of our friends on the Daily , Rich , Roy and ALL of the contributors .

We have had the pleasure to get ashore in Koper on a couple of cruises and also on a couple of personal trips to DW Martha's country of birth Slovenia so I hope to post quite a few pictures today , just tell me when to stop OK! 

The first cruise that took us to Koper was when we were on the Prinsendam on Oct 16th 2016 being a little familiar with Slovenia I set up a nice tour that took us to the amazing Postojnska Jama  caves , the  Predjama Castle and to the beautiful town of Piran .

Hopefully I get permission from our friends Ann and Pat @VictOriann  to also show their faces who joined us with their DD on this tour .

Like I mentioned this was where DW was born and from where she escaped with her parents at a very early age .

Our guide Marco took us first to the entrance of the Postojna Cave a 24 km deep limestone cave system where an electric train would take us on a 3.7 km journey into the cave from where we had a walking tour .

DSCN0252.thumb.jpg.1e54f002592ca984f19f9e050b6777ef.jpg

DSCN0208.thumb.JPG.37653b7a17f575cccad013ddb895c303.JPG

P1020228.thumb.JPG.d2ecad9a98a3b5671bc44bb144eb3727.JPG

DSCN0237.thumb.JPG.781391d4bbecb78b1f7cac32e20d0bce.JPG

DSCN0246.thumb.jpg.bc53c5f2246f4846dcb04fe4ccbb5875.jpg

DSCN0249.thumb.jpg.50a4cd8bd7e622a0f5c547e60c4e56f2.jpg

From there we drove to the nearby Predjama Castle built in the middle of a cliff some 800 years ago and is connected to secret tunnels from where occupants could escape in case of wars . 

DSCN0256.thumb.jpg.d0dc7c7616e9922f2d98bdcaf95fa0b3.jpg

DSCN0262.thumb.JPG.2a78b5390f36e4d5d3424b7cde7b6b14.JPG

DSCN0269.thumb.jpg.ee0d3a103ee43d60f50d38ad4f8ca5ab.jpg

DSCN0273.thumb.jpg.92586f26b700f53f2a7a51daa9576339.jpg

DSCN0270.thumb.jpg.9f46297f45f23ce00d44c1882c4aeed5.jpg

IMG_4460.thumb.JPG.31efa65e83d164dab9f69e409221bf97.JPG

From there Marco took us to the beautiful coastal town of Piran which is not that far from Koper .

DSCN0282.thumb.jpg.3f68f8a9d32327ef88039246d7f6fd05.jpg

DSCN0283.thumb.JPG.b07ccc85a89e9b6700b2680b50cb21cc.JPG

DSCN0285.thumb.jpg.d9326d46bad20fd8d4035d69fb625589.jpg

DSCN0288.thumb.jpg.29e9628575a8c530ca711a1062831a89.jpg

DSCN0293.thumb.JPG.4dca6c1c881aa33bb4783f39449fea32.JPG

And we worked our way up through this little old town to the top of the hill where we visited this nice old church 

DSCN0298.thumb.jpg.631e60edb1e7daaa31bdcde49a0e270b.jpg

IMG_4518.thumb.JPG.6453988291e6d44ba41da28823abc9c9.JPG

DSCN0302.thumb.JPG.45583c353a03f7936d166e5eca437ee7.JPG

From here it was just a short ride back to Koper and after a wonderful day we said goodbye  “ nasvidenje “  to Slovenia and were on our way to Ravenna on the Elegant Explorer the Prinsendam 

Tony 😄😄
  • Like 30

7 minutes ago, sailingdutchy said:

I set up a nice tour that took us to the amazing Postojnska Jama  caves , the  Predjama Castle

Thank you so much for posting those photos!  As I said in my post, that is what we plan to do on our next visit.  Now I'm even more excited!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mamaofami said:

Carol

thank heavens Sam was ok 🙏🏻 

I don’t blame you one bit for crying.  You have been through a lot.  If it helped relieve you of some stress, it’s a good thing.  Do whatever helps you right now.  You deserve it.

• Like 12

19 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Thank you so much for posting those photos!  As I said in my post, that is what we plan to do on our next visit.  Now I'm even more excited!

Contact Istranka  in Koper Mr Ivan Tratnik  tell him Tony send you 

Just kidding he will not remember us , but Marco will ! 😃

Edited by sailingdutchy
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Just as a heads up there are a couple of actual sailaways today.  Viking Orion from Bermuda at 16:15 (I think that's Atlantic time) and Adventure of the Seas from Nassau at 9PM.

Roy

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, sailingdutchy said:

Contact Istranka  in Koper Mr Ivan Tratnik  tell him Tony send you 

Just kidding he will not remember us , but Marco will ! 😃

I'm pretty sure that's the same company we used for our transfer to Piran.  Will check it out!

• Like 7

Good morning.  

Thanks for all the lists and information, Rich and Roy.  It is a lot of work and well appreciated.

Great set of days but no hollering here.  LOL!

Looking forward to all the pictures and posts today.  We are having a great string of awesome days here on the Oregon coast.  Family comes next week.  Hope it lasts.  Our daughter in law says she has never been to Oregon in June when it doesn't rain.  Hope that can change this year.  

Haven't been to the port.  Will check back later today for more pictures.

We got our Iphone 11s yesterday.  DH is setting mine up as I write.  Did his yesterday and things work well for him.  I will have to learn a few new things.  

Have a safe and wonderful weekend.  

• Like 16

Good morning, all!  I must be quick, as Pat wants to get out.  I went grocery shopping early, spent a lot of money...  I'll be thinking of @StLouisCruiserstoday, and also @mamaofami's Sam.  A good cry always helps!

We are having barbecued chicken and salad tonight, DD says she needs to pick a lot of lettuce and spinach.  Tony, @sailingdutchy, you have permission to post pictures containing us, but they had better be flattering!  We certainly enjoyed Slovenia with you.  And Ljubljana and Lake Bled- don't forget to post pictures of those.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1