The Daily for Tuesday Jun 22, 2021

richwmn

21 minutes ago, dfish said:

I pray I don't either.   If I do, I hope it is a light case as I have been vaccinated.  Doc will decide on COVID test.  Probably get one just to make sure that isn't the problem.   She's pretty good at figuring this stuff out.  Of course, I try to give her as much information as I can.  

Right now I am doing ok.   I'm tired and my back is aching.  I don't think it is shingles as the symptoms don't really fit.   I did look them up.  

I almost forgot -  you can share your onion rights with me if Pauline doesn't want them.   I love them, but only get them maybe once a year.

We have both had shingles and the pain can be quite bad.

It doesn't sound like shingles for you but anti viral tablets within a couple of days of seeing the rash helps enormously.

By having had the vaccine hopefully if it is covid19 you will only get a mild case.

I was in bed for 4 weeks sleeping most of the time.

I think Pauline must have been asymptomatic as we were very close most of the time but we had the bedroom window open and I faced the other way in bed so not breathing on Pauline.

I only had a small cough for a couple of days.

Take care and good luck for a speedy recovery.

Graham.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from a relatively cool central Texas.  We got some of the wind, thunder and rain ⛈️ @Seasick Sailor Joy got, but no damage here.  

Rainforests need our attention and celebration every day, especially in the Amazon basin, which is called the lungs of the world.  We like our HVAC guys, but rarely need them.  When we had the system replaced, I really appreciated them.  The pull down stairs to the attic are in our closet, and they covered our clothes and the tile floor.  When they finished, the put everything in the attic back in place; in fact, the attic was neater than it had been in years.  After the mess I made in the attic last week, maybe I should call them to put it back right.  🤣  I love onion rings, especially the ones we get at Sonic.  A few BBQ chains have onion ring loaves, which are lightly floured thinly sliced onions fried in a loaf shape, that are equally as good, but different.

Love the Gandhi quote.  We''ll pass on the meal suggestion as we're having chicken fajitas with our wine tonight.  I'll also pass on the drink, but the wine sounds nice, but pricey.  🍷  If anyone wants to buy us a bottle, we'll gladly accept it.  😉

We have not been to New Caledonia, but it is on the bucket list.  Would enjoy seeing pictures.

@dfish  Take care of yourself and feel better soon.  Glad you have a televisit with the doctor today.

@rafinmd  Roy, an early HAPPY BIRTHDAY.  Hope the echocardiogram is not as stressful as the last one.

@jimgev  Sorry about the fig tree.  My parents had a small one in the backyard, but we never got any figs.  I said a small tree because our two Dalmatians would chew on the limbs and leaves every spring, so it never had a chance.

@kazu Jacqui, while it's hard to do, try to ignore the snarky comments.  There are just some people who have to make negative comments, but ould never volunteer to keep the lists.  They also  do not consider all the work that goes into them, especially during these non-normal times.  While we are not on the lists you keep, I do appreciate all the work involved in addition to your life outside CC.  On a lighter note, the golf ball probably would find water, just not the kind needed.  Loved the pictures of the dogs.  Dogs know how to get comfortable.

I could not resist adding my pictures of the Bordeaux bridge from our 2016 and 2017 Prinsendam visits.  I'm pretty sure I was on the same deck as the solo cabins.

DSC06991.thumb.JPG.de27a03ccb5a7ef7cde28eb1352bb47e.JPG

DSC00731.thumb.JPG.905bc1835e8ada979f28b1af353f81cc.JPG

Lenda

• Like 22

29 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Happy Tuesday to everyone.  I have not posted on this thread for a while but have been reading most days.  Our sympathy to all those who lost a loved one, our hugs and positive thoughts to those who need care and our congratulations to all those who celebrated.

We are feeling quite low today as our September Rotterdam cruise was cancelled yesterday 😭.  HAL have offered to transfer the booking to October 2022, but I really don't think that we want to go to the Baltic area in early winter. 🥶  We may still end up taking the Eurodam TA that was offered as a replacement for our cancelled Volendam TA.  It clashes with school half term here, but a cruise is a cruise is a cruise.

@rafinmd  Roy, I agree with that common law fact.   I am still arguing that the new millennium did not start until January 1st 2001 and not 2000 as was widely celebrated.  I also have a birthday tomorrow and Spanish all over the world will celebrate for both of us as it is "noche de San Juan".

Tomorrow we are going to Killarney for a couple of nights.  It will be our first trip away in 15 months and we are really looking forward to it.

Stay safe everyone.

Happy birthday tomorrow and safe travels.

Hope you have a fantastic time in Killarney.

Graham.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

@Horizon chaser 1957  The lily is really getting beautiful, but would it be too heavy for a bride to carry? 🤣  BTW, it's not just you having problems loading pictures.  It took me several tries to get both pictures to load.  It said they were loaded, but there was no image.  Finally, it worked.

@VMax1700  HAPPY BIRTHDAY a day early.  Enjoy your trip and safe travels.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Just taking a second to check in. Spent almost all morning trying to get someone to help coordinate our long term care and major medical policies only to find that they had the wrong birth year for Sam. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 6

12 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

Just taking a second to check in. Spent almost all morning trying to get someone to help coordinate our long term care and major medical policies only to find that they had the wrong birth year for Sam. 

Oh great. As if you don’t have your hands full enough with real problems, now they are inventing new and unnecessary ones for you!🤦🏼‍♀️

• Like 11

49 minutes ago, Himself said:

Rich:

Thank you for the fleet report.  

Thanks to ROY, aand all others who have posted. 

@Himself Father, how did you make out with the storms in Naperville the other day?  I saw some of the destruction on the news this morning. Praying you are safe!!

Laura

• Like 11

1 hour ago, dfish said:

I pray I don't either.   If I do, I hope it is a light case as I have been vaccinated.  Doc will decide on COVID test.  Probably get one just to make sure that isn't the problem.   She's pretty good at figuring this stuff out.  Of course, I try to give her as much information as I can.  

Right now I am doing ok.   I'm tired and my back is aching.  I don't think it is shingles as the symptoms don't really fit.   I did look them up.  

I almost forgot -  you can share your onion rights with me if Pauline doesn't want them.   I love them, but only get them maybe once a year.

I'm going to suggest that if Covid seems to be an at all possibility you ask about both a rapid and PCR test and if it might be positive ask about antibody and/or convalescent plasma.  I think either can be quite effective but time is of the essence with them.

Roy

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

I finished a small paver project yesterday. We wanted to put a patio storage chest and extra chairs by the back patio without taking up actual patio space. It took a lot longer than anticipated since I had to move some plants first and had to wait until our heat wave subsided. One plant was a mammoth Hosta that I had to chop into four sections to even get it out of the hole! 

20210621_162132.thumb.jpg.cda74d02891a027578e0e0ed93b27dd4.jpg

20210621_162629.thumb.jpg.84378fc2467415cc2baa363b06c17021.jpg

Edited by Overhead Fred
  • Like 22

Good morning everyone and Happy Tuesday!  Thank you for the Daily Rich. Great collection of days today. I love onion rings!  The meal suggestion is only something I order out. 

Thank you for your lists Roy @rafinmd and Happy Age Attainment Day. Mine is tomorrow, your official Birthday.  Praying your cardiologist visit goes well tomorrow. 

I’m loving all the bridge pictures. @kazu Reminds me when we sailed under The Bridge of The Americas. 

@dfish I hope you get to feeling better. 

Tonight Craig and I are going to talk about cruise options in place of our canceled Holiday Zaandam cruise (which I am still depressed about). I have a few ideas. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 15

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

We have beautiful rain forests in this part of the country, as most of you know.  I could sure use a HVAC person now.  Most of us in this area don't have A/C because we just wouldn't use it often -- but there are days....like yesterday I sure with we had it.  Our bedroom was 83 degrees F last night.  I had the fan on full blast and it was tolerable. It's still 79 degrees now upstairs.  At least today is supposed to be cooler.  

1 hour ago, atexsix said:

I stuck a fan in the window about an hour before bed and it did drop a few degrees, but it was still 75 in the room at 600 this morning.  The forecast for this weekend sounds awful!

@atexsix, you're down in King County aren't you?  @Cruising-alongand I are up north here in SnoCo, where it's generally cooler (yeah, even in winter when we get snow and you don't).  Anyway, I checked the 10-day forecast and it looks like the darn stationary Pacific High will settle in early this year.  Lowest high-temp forecast for my zip code will be 76 on Aug 6!  But it was 66 for my morning walk an hour ago.

Edited by Av8rix
  • Like 15

1 hour ago, atexsix said:

Low 100's predicted for the weekend and trying to figure out what to do, possibly a hotel for a couple nights.  

Temperatures on the coast are going to be comfortable this weekend. We wont be able to go until Sunday night so we will have to find hikes in the trees near snow-fed streams. Malloney Creek, behind our house, makes a great air conditioner most days, but when it hits triple digits it doesn't quite do the job.

• Like 12

I'm feeling almost normal now.   Just slightly fatigued, but no chills or sweats or fever.  I think whatever this is, it is moving along rapidly.   I'll take some garlic and chase the rest of it away!

@VMax1700 I love Killarney.   That is where I bought my woolen sweater that I was wearing this morning and the luck of the Irish chased the chills away as soon as I put it on.  I have had it for ages and love it.  It is so warm and has held up so well.

@atexsix I would buy the window unit and pay the young guys across the street to haul it upstairs for you.   They would probably be more than willing to help out and a $10 or $20 would make them even happier to do so.  I don't hesitate to offer to pay the neighborhood young ones to do some of the things I can no longer do.  It also helps to get to know them.

@Cruising-alongDon't worry about me.  I'm actually pretty hardy.  Generally I don't have patience for being sick and think nothing of it.  At this point, I would rule out COVID.  If that is what it is, it is the fastest case on record.  I have no rash, so doubt it is shingles.   If it is flu, it is the fast acting kind and is on the way out already.   

Ok, time for lunch.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Good afternoon!

Thank you to all who contribute here.  Cheers 🥂 to those on the celebratory list and healing thoughts to those on the care list.

Loving the pics from yesterday’s port.  Have not been to today’s port.

OK, when I saw it was National Onion Ring day just had to clean out the last of the Alexia onion rings from the freezer for lunch 😉

84F9F478-072C-4E79-9612-E653514ECF69.thumb.jpeg.f280d42ecf9c2e9c1aed2fbc9c9afddb.jpeg

• Like 22

2 minutes ago, dfish said:

I'm feeling almost normal now.   Just slightly fatigued, but no chills or sweats or fever.  I think whatever this is, it is moving along rapidly.   I'll take some garlic and chase the rest of it away!

That is really encouraging.  Just take it easy today please and take care of yourself.  

• Like 11

2 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

I also have a birthday tomorrow and Spanish all over the world will celebrate for both of us as it is "noche de San Juan".

A very happy birthday to you tomorrow, Colin 🙂 

I know you will have a great celebration in that beautiful spot ❤️ 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

@dfishI had something similar about 2 weeks ago. It lasted about 3 hours of misery and then went slowly away. I did find I was tired most of the day, but by next morning I was fine. Hope this is what you have. A passing bug of some kind. 

Weather here is hot (I wish I did have air conditioning) and still very dry. I am doing lots of stove top cooking and ordering take out. The onion rings sound really good but probably not today.

Take care all.

Susan

• Like 16

10 minutes ago, dfish said:

Ok, time for lunch.

I'm glad you're feeling better. Back in may I had a low grade fever for a week, chills, and severe fatigue. Extensive evaluation, including a Covid test, came up with nothing, and it went away. It was assumed to be some type of viral illness.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

The mega lily is starting to turn into a bouquet. Soon I could just put a ribbon on it and a bride could carry it down the aisle!

EEF1F4F3-C89B-4BFC-8FFA-2EB25B00C11B.thumb.jpeg.636d52b2b9b65a6908413b80d817372f.jpeg

I have never seen a lily like this.  It’s so beautiful ♥️ You’re right.  All it will need is a bow and could be a bride’s bouquets.  So beautiful.

2 hours ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Happy Tuesday, everyone! CC will NOT let me upload the Tuesday elevator mat today. Any other picture, yes, the Tuesday floor mat, no. What did I miss, and when did Tuesday fall from grace? And why? What did it do? And why wasn’t I invited?

LOL - the CC pic fairy can be a demon at times.  I don’t think you have missed anything and don’t worry, if we both did, I was invited either 😉 

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Av8rix said:

@atexsix, you're down in King County aren't you?  @Cruising-alongand I are up north here in SnoCo, where it's generally cooler (yeah, even in winter when we get snow and you don't).  Anyway, I checked the 10-day forecast and it looks like the darn stationary Pacific High will settle in early this year.  Lowest high-temp forecast for my zip code will be 76 on Aug 6!  But it was 66 for my morning walk an hour ago.

I think he's in Bellevue (?)  It does get hot there.  I see that even Mount Vernon will get to 101 on Sunday !!!  And I'm going to meet my friend there for lunch on Monday....which is supposed to be down to 79 that day.  I sure hope the weatherman is right for once!  

48 minutes ago, dfish said:

@Cruising-alongDon't worry about me.  I'm actually pretty hardy.  Generally I don't have patience for being sick and think nothing of it.  At this point, I would rule out COVID.  If that is what it is, it is the fastest case on record.  I have no rash, so doubt it is shingles.   If it is flu, it is the fast acting kind and is on the way out already.

Debbie that's great news!  Yes you must be hardy 🙂  

• Like 15

Good Afternoon All, thanks for the daily report.  I appreciate rain forests and would like to walk through more of them.  Ideally appreciate the HVAC team, especially on those hot and humid days.  Onion rings are a delight.

A tip for all.  Do with it as you wish.  There is a rash of hospital ransomware attacks currently in progress.  This will typically include outpatient centers as well.  I advise everyone to have a complete copy of their medical record.  There are times when the servers containing your information will be unrecoverable.  

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, dfish said:

@VMax1700 I love Killarney.   That is where I bought my woolen sweater that I was wearing this morning and the luck of the Irish chased the chills away as soon as I put it on.  I have had it for ages and love it.  It is so warm and has held up so well.

@atexsix I would buy the window unit and pay the young guys across the street to haul it upstairs for you.   They would probably be more than willing to help out and a $10 or $20 would make them even happier to do so.  I don't hesitate to offer to pay the neighborhood young ones to do some of the things I can no longer do.  It also helps to get to know them.

Ok, time for lunch.

Great to hear, Debbie!

• Like 7