Scheveningen NL
Oosterdam Anchorage

Trieste IT
Rotterdam

0827Europe.thumb.png.4680f08d748305eca7f0d0209ea2f3f9.png

0827NAmerica.thumb.png.1abb2bae29f3d9390b55de9fb03bb7d5.png

• Like 35
  • Thanks 4

Thank you for the TGIF Daily, Rich.  An interesting collection of days, special salute to Forgive Your Foe.  Burns was quite a wit.  I think I was due to visit Horta on the Nieuw Statendam about the time you started doing the Fleet Report but there was a last minute change of ports.  I'll pass on the Plokkfiskur/

Today’s care list:

RIP Cape May Beach Patrol Norman Inferrerra 3rd Line of Duty Death 8/20/21
Welfare of furloughed crews
Western (Especially BC) wildfires
cat shepard’s friend undergoing chemo for stage four cancer
Afghanistan and Norseh2o’s nephew assisting the evacuation
New Zealand continuing outbreak
JazzyV with several procedures
Mamaofami’s battles with insurance
From the rotation:
NextOne DDIL with long haul Covid
Tana continuing to deal with long haul covid

Celebrations and Shoutouts

Welcome aboard and to Cruise Critic Jam37
2 BHB with passengers
Front Line Health Care Workers
Nieuw Statendam in Everglades Monday
Cruisin single and CruiseMGM on BHB
Great report on Tyler
Easy fix for StLouisCruiser’s computer
Welcome to Seattle SharoninAz
and Staff Captain Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 32
  • Thanks 6

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

Forgive your Foe Friday, what a splendid idea.  Just because is also a good idea.  And in honour of Tarzan, I'll do my yell, that'll wake up DH.😉

George Burns was quite a fellow, funny quote.

Not sure about the meal suggestion.  Hope the drink and wine are good. 

I've never been to Portugal, hope there will be lots of pictures and comments from others.

Prayers for everyone on the Care List.  A toast for all the celebrations.

Happy Friday.  Stay safe.

• Like 22

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our TGIF smile 🙂 

Interesting collection of days.  Who knew Tarzan had a day??  I’ll definitely celebrate forgive your foe day.

D08DFB7F-A65C-4F91-843D-5DBFCED1845C.thumb.webp.6cd40da90abd4401fc2ae7a3d38970b2.webp

I’m still chuckling at that George Burns quote.

I have a feeling wine would be a must with the meal suggestion for today 😉 

2CE6D7FC-DFFB-4DC8-B58B-009DA209CF5F.jpeg.8c11605e0311b7905ea6e2fdf497d97a.jpeg

While we’ve been to Horta it was a very short visit.  We had to tender and the seas were rough.  It was one of the few times I heard the 3 horn blasts we were warned about and everyone had to scramble back into tenders in less than 2 hours after arriving as it was getting too dangerous.  There were a few people stranded at Horta needless to say and one lady seriously injured trying to get out of the tender in the rough seas.

We are getting a small break from our heat wave (still hot but bearable) so I think I will try to get some work done inside and out “just because”.

Prayers for everyone on the Care ist and for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Friday everyone!!!

558358EB-FBF3-4A9B-94A2-636BFF88D37C.jpeg.bc1dfa0bd60ed2c8aca7c03cf4eb4f75.jpeg

Stay safe and please don’t forget your 😷 

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Quite the collection of days!

Thank you for keeping our lists, Roy & adding my friend to the Care list. Morning Dailyite family. Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes for my friend.  Sandi - @StLouisCruisers how wonderful that Tyler is doing so well. May his progress continue!  @grapau27 Graham & Pauline thank you for sharing the pictures from your cruise. How wonderful that you were able to celebrate 40 years together with a cruise! @Sharon in AZ Bon voyage Sharon & Craig!

A rainy, windy morning here with some thunder and lightning thrown in. Luckily Bindi and I made it out before it started. Mani-pedi for me this morning.  Then this evening I am adapting the lemon garlic chicken recipe for scallops and shrimp for a couple of friends. Will be checking in with my friend a bit later this morning. Hoping she slept. 

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Chateau d'Issan

All released vintages of this red from Bordeaux have excellent ratings, but the 2018 & 2019 ratings border on the superb range. And the 2019 just barely squeaks into my budget with an online price starting at $49.98. We might find it for less locally. 

Winemaker notes

To produce the Grand Vin from Château d’Issan, we are using the old vines from the Clos. The terroir is mainly composed of gravels on the surface and clay in the deep subsoil. It offers a beautiful maturity and an optimal freshness from our 2 different grape varieties: Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot. An authentic Margaux wine, it always expresses its finesse, complexity, precision of tannins and a unique longevity. Château d’Issan is aged in French oak barrels for 16 to 18 months, including 50% of brand-new oak.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 3

Hello everyone happy Friday.  Thank you for the daily report.  Forgive your foe is sometimes easier said than done although it should be done, just because.  I haven’t seen a Tarzan movie in years and it’s high time I do.  Funny quote by George Burns, I miss him.  Not sure what the meal suggestion is so the jury’s out on that.  Haven’t been to today’s port and can’t wait to see the photos.  Prayers to everyone on the prayer list today and cheers to those of you celebrating an event today.

• Like 23

Good Friday morning.  Unique group of days.  I love George Burns and his wit.  I'll pass on the meal.  Have not been to Portugal.  Really bright sunshine this morning, happy to see it after all the rain we got yesterday.

Prayers for our care list and a toast to the celebrations.

Please continue to stay safe, try to social distance (although it seems everyone I am near wants to get closer), and wear your mask.

Brave Bull:

Ingredients
2 ounces blanco tequila
1 ounce coffee liqueur
Steps to Make It
Gather the ingredients.
Pour the tequila into an old-fashioned glass with ice cubes.
Add the coffee liqueur. Swirl the glass gently a few times to lightly mix the ingredients.
Serve and enjoy.

Screen Shot 2021-08-27 at 7.36.22 AM.png

• Like 24
  • Thanks 3

Good Morning from a very rainy day at the beach

It is coming down pretty good, hardly see out the windows. Suppose to be like this all day, so no water aerobics for me.

A good selection of days. It is true, easier to say you will forgive than actually do it. But it is important. Life is way too short to be upset with someone.

Never been to todays port. Looking forward to pictures.

Prayers to all who need them, especially the families of those killed yesterday. Sad day for our country.

Stay well everyone and enjoy today

• Like 25

Good morning, everyone.  

Our heat wave will continue through the weekend.  It makes the pool seem that much nicer when I get in.  I may be taking a hiatus from the pool.   I go to the university wellness center and with classes resuming there are many more people there.  For some reason, with the Delta surge, the powers that be are relaxing the restrictions on the pool and allowing 3 times as many people in at once.  It could get quite crowded in the pool and the locker rooms.  Yesterday we reported over 5000 new cases just in Ohio.  I'm thinking it might be prudent to wait until this surge is on the downward trend.  I'm certainly not going before my cruise!  Two weeks from today we fly out.  I have my COVID test scheduled at CVS, so I am set to go!

Today's meal is unique, for sure. It is a fish stew that probably originated as a way to use leftover fish and boiled potatoes.   While it is traditional Icelandic fare, you are encouraged to experiment with the recipe.   In Iceland people are putting a grated cheese on top and sticking it under the broiler for a minute.   Some also sprinkle some curry on the top.   There was a mention of adding some bacon and that would certainly be a flavor boost.  Some use smoked fish for added flavor.  According to the Icelandic Food Centre:   We’re going to stick with the “original” version but feel free to do whatever you want. Like putting szechuan peppers in, using cream or grilling a T-bone steak instead.

https://www.icelandfoodcentre.com/plokkfiskur-icelandic-fish-stew/

plokkfisk.thumb.jpg.baf8f5ba9a436b5a06a8d00b8b77e110.jpg

Of course, you need the Iceland dark rye bread to go with it:

https://www.saveur.com/article/recipes/icelandic-dark-rye-bread/

372837733_Icelandicdarkryebread..jpg.1aacc6b2042081c7b1b8ba37b6aa9fb2.jpg

• Like 30
  • Thanks 5

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily report.  I had to google the meal suggestion and I’ll have to pass.  Now that our upstairs bathroom is fully operational I’m planning on repainting the downstairs bathroom.  Yesterday I started my prep work and I hope to get a bit more done today.  If the weather people are telling me the truth we can open windows tomorrow so that the paint fumes can go out the window.  
One of the cable channels runs an old Tarzan series, they also run “The Saint” and “Space:1999” which was must see tv back in the day.  

I have spent some time looking at November 2022 cruises and have three options that I like.  I’m hesitant to book until the dust settles from all the recent changes.  Just want to make best use of the welcome home offer from HAL.

I hope that everyone has a good day.

image.thumb.png.4b6e91ccf7d52003b12eef540549044d.png

• Like 30

32 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Brave Bull:

Ingredients
2 ounces blanco tequila
1 ounce coffee liqueur
Steps to Make It
Gather the ingredients.
Pour the tequila into an old-fashioned glass with ice cubes.
Add the coffee liqueur. Swirl the glass gently a few times to lightly mix the ingredients.
Serve and enjoy.

Screen Shot 2021-08-27 at 7.36.22 AM.png

Yum! I’ll have to try this. 😋

• Like 16

Morning all!  We got up and went for an outdoor walk this morning instead of the treadmill.  The air was so still!  I could have used a nice breeze to cool me off.  Whew!

Yesterday's events overseas weigh heavily on my mind.  Thank you @cunnorland @aliaschieffor your mention of our lost troops.  So it's ironic today is Forgive your Foe Day.  A nice sentiment in most cases, but almost impossible to do when it involves suicide bombers.  I also hope @Norseh2o's nephew is safe and remains that way.🙏

Not sure I'd like the menu item of the day so will skip it.  @Sharon in AZbon voyage to you and Craig tomorrow.  We will be interested to hear about your cruise when you return.  

We enjoyed a fabulous day in Horta in April 2018 while on our Grand Med. and Africa cruise on the Prinsendam.  So many great ports!  The weather was perfect, thank goodness.  And for the final segment of the cruise we had our very special master of the ship, Captain D. D.  I'll return with photos shortly.  

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, dfish said:

Two weeks from today we fly out.  I have my COVID test scheduled at CVS, so I am set to go!

YAY 🙂. So exciting.  I don’t blame you for being careful.  Are you packed yet 😂 

• Like 13

As I said, we arrived on a beautiful morning and were allowed to dock, no tendering needed.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLaoFmabHqxnkUzNon_bqBX?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526136760

A view of the city from the ship.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLHfsZ-7-qa6iDiJcDNCvjS?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526136778

I swear that looks like DH walking towards me down by the pool.  Could have been.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLbMZ2u2jH0eMytRt0TZSN3?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526136790

The Azores has beautiful scenic hillsides like this.  I love observing the cows grazing - so peaceful.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIs-S_on9KLD2levLir7JXT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526136811

This type of architecture is common in the area as well.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL-9vAPSJGHQBV8dr8fmp_l?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526085108

This is a popular spot for locals and tourist alike, Peter's Cafe Sport.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIIK7t-CZ6GuE9wQNC5t1M-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526085109

We stepped down some stairs to the waterfront and marina.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKpuyYGJPZFuYEFGw0FoNDJ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526136861

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKD4uRMoeHG39gn2tz7n3fb?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526136861

Diving must be popular here because we saw several diving shops.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJUj17ZqXHpWeIQmWJMhhoo?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526136875

Across the water from this spot on the marina is the highest point in Portugal, Pico Island.  That is a volcano named Ponta do Pico.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKVf6U6OVHs0j57NJYjUUES?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526136909

Next we headed towards this old fortress, the Fort of Santa Cruz.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL7iY_fP5_O8ll4xy9362TU?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526085133

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJg8dtcdVOi6_lzJ0XC5sPH?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526137079

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJMON4jDeXolRI4slmRUkvo?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526085135

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ0HvMq_MgR-6APQHzhEpN6?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526137105

I think I'll stop at this point and continue in a second post.  They get too long otherwise.  Lots still to see.

• Like 37
  • Thanks 3

Good morning and thanks for the update.

Its another sunny and humid day here, already feels like 90 and this afternoon supposed to feel like 102. Ugh, 

I was to Horta on one of the crossings. Did a whale watch tour with roll call members. It was a zodiac boat and we saw a blue whale, it was fantastic.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists. Especially the family of our lifeguard as he is laid to rest today.

• Like 25

29 minutes ago, dfish said:

Of course, you need the Iceland dark rye bread to go with it:

https://www.saveur.com/article/recipes/icelandic-dark-rye-bread/

372837733_Icelandicdarkryebread..jpg.1aacc6b2042081c7b1b8ba37b6aa9fb2.jpg

Debbie, 

Though I might not make the main course, I am definitely trying the bread recipe when our weather cools off a bit. This might be the dark brown bread that I enjoyed so much in Iceland. No wonder it was so moist. And the syrup could be responsible for the rich flavor. 

This sounds so easy, too!  No yeast involved! Thank you for including this. 

• Like 19