First time in Owners Suite. What can we expect?

FYI, on some classes the suite breakfast is in Giovanni's (Grandeur).

You also get the reserved seating in the theater.

We have two OS booked for next year.  We normally do GS, but in both cases the OS was a few hundred more, so figured give it a whirl.

I agree that after a full suite, you will be spoiled with the space.

Also, the balcony is big enough to have loungers and a table with chairs.  So breakfast on the balcony is possible and VERY nice.

Edited by SRF
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, floridacruiser14 said:

Just upgraded to an Owners Suite on Mariner of the Seas. This is our first time being in anything more than a Junior Suite.  What can we expect? Thanks

Which sailing and how did you get the upgrade, RoyalUp?  Also what was your winning bid if you don't mind me asking (if RoyalUp was used).  I have a B2B in a JS on Mariner in December and I have been waiting for RoyalUp to become available, to hopefully win a bid as well.  Thank you in advance.

Edited by TheBucketLister
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, TheBucketLister said:

Which sailing and how did you get the upgrade, RoyalUp?  Also what was your winning bid if you don't mind me asking (if RoyalUp was used).  I have a B2B in a JS on Mariner in December and I have been waiting for RoyalUp to become available, to hopefully win a bid as well.  

Our first is in November and we are pretty excited about it too.  We've walked by those suites when disembarking and have peeked in.  We got very good rate on a 5 night with price drops so have some OBC too.  No CK on our ship but then the price is right.  We have future balconies booked and it will be hard to go back.

• Like 2

We'll also be in our first OS's In March 2022 a B2B on Explorer San Juan

July 2022 Jewel Arctic Circle and Oct 2022 Serenade Panama Canal. So looking

forward to this category...my other three 2022 cruises will be in GS's.

5 hours ago, zekekelso said:

As an honorary owner of the ship, I would think they would let you on the bridge to steer the ship where you want, at least on sea days. 

Note: I’ve never actually sailed in he owners suits, so I can’t confirm that this is factual. 

Unless you stayed at a Holiday last night, I don't think you are qualified to give advice on this subject.

(Unless you know about old Holiday Inn commercials, you won't get this reference 🙂 )

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Having just spent two weeks in an OS on Adventure, I would say that you can expect a very enjoyable cruise.  The ships are sister ships, so comparable suites.  (I posted pics of our suite at the end of the rolling 3 week live review we did with other CCers if you are interested).

Space — plenty of it, and lots of storage — we had way more than we needed for just the two of us.  The outlet situation is a bit lacking, so if you think you will need more than a couple, bring a non-surge protector power strip.  

We had breakfast options of: in room, light fare in the suite lounge (we did this frequently) and full service in Giovanni’s.  Also specialty coffee most of the day in the suite lounge.  In suite dinner from the MDR via room service, Happy Hour in the suite lounge (5-8pm for our sailing) including any cocktail we asked for and a selection of appetizers, and the assistance of the concierge (the concierge on AOS, Jennie, is AMAZING).  Suite loungers on the pool deck, priority embarkation, and reserved seating for shows (low capacity made this irrelevant).

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RFerrington said:

You can expect to be spoiled by the space and never satisfied with a non-suite cabin again.  OS has a dining table and chairs so in-suite dining is so much more enjoyable. Plus, room service is complimentary. Enjoy !

Is that for all ships? We'll be in the OS on the Jewel of the Seas in about 12 days. Never sailed with RCC yet, so trying to wrap our heads around the differences between them and NCL Haven for what's included vs what isn't.

12 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

Is that for all ships? We'll be in the OS on the Jewel of the Seas in about 12 days. Never sailed with RCC yet, so trying to wrap our heads around the differences between them and NCL Haven for what's included vs what isn't.

Yes.  All OS regardless of ship.

One of the nice benefits is having the concierge walk you off the ship at the end, and have your luggage waiting in a separate area.  Makes the disembarkation process nicer.

We're in an Allure CLS next week and the concierge told me that there is no reserved suite seating right now for any of the shows.  Bummer.  Don't know if this applies to all ships.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

One of the nice benefits is having the concierge walk you off the ship at the end, and have your luggage waiting in a separate area.  Makes the disembarkation process nicer.

We're in an Allure CLS next week and the concierge told me that there is no reserved suite seating right now for any of the shows.  Bummer.  Don't know if this applies to all ships.

That sucks , there are so many different shows, that is one of my favorite perks on oasis class ship, should have booked MSc yacht club. If that is still like this in November I will be saying goodbye to rccl. 

6 hours ago, DiamondSuiteCruiser said:

great chart

i never ordered from MDR in a suite so looking forward to that out on the balcony.  is royal the same as other lines i've been on that even with drink packages you cannot get drinks delivered to the room with dinner?  i dont mind if i can pick up a few cans of soda or bottles of water from the suite lounge for the fridge though. or is it fountain stuff in the lounge? 

also is there any kind of special balcony dinner for purchase? princess has a fantastic one and id love it try it on my big royal balcony. you get all kind of swag including pictures. 

i see departure breakfast on the list. is CK open or do they just mean a hot bfast delivered to the suite? it's listed as  a perk so i assume it's something more than other guests get