The Daily for Tuesday October 26, 2021

richwmn

Good morning all!

Yesterday we got our flu shots and talked to our doctor about who will replace her.  I think she will be a good fit, at least from the way our doctor described her.  I'll find out in January when I have my physical!

No reaction to the flu shot, not even a sore arm, which is very unusual for me but I'll take it!

The meal sounds very good, especially the third recipe, but very similar to something I made a few nights ago.  No idea yet what will be for dinner tonight, I'm only on my second cup of coffee lol.  

@dfishDebbie I also had a delayed reaction to my booster shot.  Hopefully you feel much, much better today!

@kb4683Happy Birthday, enjoy your day!

@TiogaCruiserwhat stunning photos!  We will be there in January of '23, can't wait!

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Mitzi and I got our Moderna boosters around noon yesterday. So far, only sore arms as side effects! 

Thanks to everyone for all the birthday wishes on Sunday.

We are starting to get organized for our Nov 20 cruise on the NA. I think I might go clothes shopping today. All my cruise clothing seems to have shrunk from disuse!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

Good morning. Thank you Rich for the Daily. Roy I hope all goes well with your appointments. Happy Birthday to @kb4683. Prayers to all on our prayer list.

Our internet then our cable went out yesterday. A very kind young man came over in the evening. He was able to get our internet up but not the cable. He's coming back today.

I had my booster (Moderna) on Friday and felt fine til the next evening. I felt chilly and feverish. Was ok Sunday but a bit tired.

I like Debbie's recipes for today but (of all things) my sweet husband wants spaghetti so I am off to the market.

The drink of the day sounds dreadful. 

Here's a toast tonight for our deployed. God bless you. 

Prayers,  Cheers,  and Blessings 

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Happy Birthday@kb4683  Enjoy your Kay Day!

@dfishDebbie, I hope you feel better as the day progresses.  Your lemon chicken looks divine.

We have been through Cockburn Channel, but like others...so many fjord photos.  DH says he doesn't ever want to see another fjord.  Oops.  There's plenty more to come!

I miss Johnny Carson -- one of a kind -- and heartily salute those who are deployed.

Wishing all a safe and happy Tuesday.  Many thanks to Rich and Company for the Daily. 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Morning. Chilly and grey here.... and the rain has come but probably not as much as we would like. I will take it. But I am just as glad I was planning to stay home today.

Little Bandit is feeling better this morning , but he threw up on my throw rugs..... and he managed at various times  yesterday to hit them all. So I am doing rug wash .... dry ..... wash another .... and so it will go. My house will be wonderfully clean. I certainly will remember to put doggie treats away next time. Right now I have him fasting and he is not at all happy.

I have been through today's destination on the Princendam and I think maybe part of it on the QE2. When I sailed on the QE2 she was not allowed in Argentina so we had to take a rather strange route as we made our way. That was a strange trip in many respects. I need to go back and look at our route around the southern tip of SA.

Susan

• Like 24

8 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

And we all know your name!

2 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Thank you for sharing your name, Kay!  Enjoy YOUR day!

Sometimes you want to go

where everybody knows your name . . . .

• Like 7
  • Haha 13

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Daily.

Good days. I will salute horseless carriages and the Deployed. It's also National Pumpkin Day!

Funny quote.

I like the meal. I'll pass on the drink and wine.

I think I have been in the Cockburn Channel on my SA/Antarctica cruise since we sailed the Beagle Channel, but I don't have pictures labeled Cockburn Channel.

It's gloomy, rainy and chilly here, in the 40's, and windy. I'm staying inside! I think hot soup for lunch.

@kb4683 Happy Birthday!

@dfish I hope you're feeling better. I had symptoms for about 36 hours after my 2nd and 3rd shots.

@StLouisCruisers I'm glad DH is finally getting to see the dentist.

@TiogaCruiser Congrats on signing with the contractor.

@HAL Sailer It's good the family is together, and that DGD has her first shot so maybe some protection. I hope all stay well.

Prayers for the care list and cheers for the celebration list.

Stay safe and wear your mask if needed.

Entering Beagle Channel

2081793317_001-12_25.18EnteringBeagleChannel.thumb.jpg.4fa16a078a86115093dd12064b3fe469.jpg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bdrcole said:

Our SIL has had four 6 month deployments in the past 9 years and he is scheduled to redeploy in July 2022 for another 6 months.  He is a member of Royal Canadian Navy.

I hope the attached video works. It is titled " Utter Disregard for Social Distancing" but it is not what you think.

❤️  So cute...

• Like 12

Good morning from a sunny, windy Quartzsite.  It is supposed to be 77F today.  I'm taking a breakfast break from cleaning the house.  Yes, I'm one of those who do it all in one day to get it over with, but today I'll be adding the motorhome to the cleaning.

Horseless carriages did change the world and in ways no one dreamed.  I'll probably not howl at the moon, but will salute those in the military who are deployed and their families at home.

The Johnny Carson quote is great.  He was good at on-liners.

The meal sounds good.  We'll pass on the drink and the sine.  DH likes sake but prabably not the drink.

Like many others, we have cruised the Cockburn Channel. but we don't have any pictures.  The first time was in 1999 on Noordam III, and I'm pretty sure it was daylight cruising.  In 2015, on the Ruby Princess, we might have sailed there at night, but either nightime or daytime, I don't have any pictures label as being the Cockburn Channel.

@kplady  🌹 HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KAY! 🎈

@cat shepard  Ann, glad your getting your booster tomorrow.

@bdrcole  Enjoyed the video.

@StLouisCruisers  Sending good thoughts for your DH's dentist appointment.

@TiogaCruiser  Glad you have a contract for your landscaping and that it won't be dragged out.;

@HAL Sailer  Thanks for the  update, and hope they all stay well.

@dfish  Debbie, hope you are feeling better.

Everyone in the path of the storms, both east and west, stay safe.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

@Heartgrove Where will Sam stay when you cruise in April?

With Sam's history of being bounced to different homes in his earlier life, I would never consider a kennel for him. We have a wonderful dog-walker that runs the business with her sister. They provide  24 hour overnights in our home 12:00 pm-12:00 pm so he won't be left alone.

It was a real stroke of luck to find them when we moved to Virginia! They also do other animals in the area including horses and llamas. With the diversity they are usually booked out in advance for a few months. That is why we needed to change our February cruise to January as Sue's sister is going with us then as well. They were both already booked for overnights four months in advance! I have now learned to check dates with them before booking another cruise! Sam should be fine.

It is almost like they are family as both were so sad over my putting Juno down in June. They both visited Juno the Saturday before for one last walk around the yard. Juno was "My Sweetie Girl".

- Jack

0923191021_HDR.thumb.jpg.199cf3a3ab1c955bf516df16a319473c.jpg

0605211928a_HDR.thumb.jpg.df2f6ea15f1f388b1883a77eb5e14b15.jpg

Edited by Heartgrove
  • Like 26

Good Morning Everyone!

Prayers here for all who are deployed and their families,  I always loved watching Johnny Carson when I could manage to stay up that late........................seems like I would be able to watch him when taking care of a fussy little one and trying to get them to sleep!

I think the chicken thawing in the refrigerator will become "Lemon Chicken" tonight!  I managed to get the freezer defrosted and cleaned out yesterday.

@ger_77  I read your dinner special of the ribs to hubby, and he was disappointed it wasn't a "local" special!  Well tonight he will get chicken, maybe I will make some ribs later this week!

Denise

• Like 20

26 minutes ago, Heartgrove said:

With Sam's history of being bounced to different homes in his earlier life, I would never consider a kennel for him. We have a wonderful dog-walker that runs the business with her sister. They provide  24 hour overnights in our home 12:00 pm-12:00 pm so he won't be left alone.

It was a real stroke of luck to find them when we moved to Virginia! They also do other animals in the area including horses and llamas. With the diversity they are usually booked out in advance for a few months. That is why we needed to change our February cruise to January as Sue's sister is going with us then as well. They were both already booked for overnights four months in advance! I have now learned to check dates with them before booking another cruise! Sam should be fine.

It is almost like they are family as both were so sad over my putting Juno down in June. They both visited Juno the Saturday before for one last walk around the yard. Juno was "My Sweetie Girl".

- Jack

0923191021_HDR.thumb.jpg.199cf3a3ab1c955bf516df16a319473c.jpg

0605211928a_HDR.thumb.jpg.df2f6ea15f1f388b1883a77eb5e14b15.jpg

Juno was a lovely looking dog.

Graham.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Thank you to all who have wished me well.  I did the pool again this morning with no difficulties and I'm feeling quite well right now.   But, it was exactly as @Seasick Sailordescribed.  If there are any after effects at this point it is that I am a bit tired.  But, that may be a good thing as I have to hit the hay early tonight.

The Meal of the Day will be slightly delayed tomorrow.   Well, maybe more than slightly.  I have to drive to Columbus tomorrow morning and need to be out the door around 6-6:30 am.   That is a bit early for the Daily.   The meal may wait until I get home late afternoon.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks all! 
@rafinmd hope the week goes well! 
@dfish hope the side effects are minor!

@kb4683 happy birthday Kay! 
@cat shepard that wine sounds lovely,  I had one of the best whites ever in the Loire! 
@bdrcoleloved the yellow labs,  we had one for nearly 17 years,  the best!  

6225F68D-81B5-4771-8609-F5A171C2BFE7.jpeg

Gorgeous dog.

Graham.

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Juno was a lovely looking dog.

Graham.

Graham,

I had her for almost 5-3/4 years. She was 13 years two months when I put her down but never took notice how grey she got in her last year. Juno did slow down the last six months  and suffered from dementia as well as arthritis in her rear hips.  Sam was adopted from the same rescue organization that specializes in Alaskan Malamutes. 

Jack

Edited by Heartgrove
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Heartgrove said:

Graham,

I had her for almost 5-3/4 years. She was 13 years two months when I put her down but never took notice how grey she got in her last year. Juno did slow down the last six months  and suffered from dementia as well as arthritis in her rear hips.  Sam was adopted from the same rescue organization that specializes in Alaskan Malamutes. 

Jack

I'm really sorry to hear about Juno and it must have been heartbreaking to let her go but it was the best thing for her so she didn't suffer.

Graham.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1