Volendam

Zaandam

Freeport BS

Noordam

1226World.thumb.png.a88ebb9d9aa238891eb3b5098ac6244b.png

Edited by richwmn
  • Like 32
  • Thanks 11

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily report.  Leftover turkey is definitely on the menu for today.  Yesterday’s remaining snow was quickly erased by sleet and rain.  Since we stayed home yesterday we binge watched the latest season of “Lost in Space”.  Nothing on the agenda for today.  I hope that everyone has a good day today.

image.png.cbc878f353b976e03c0714c1b55bbbb1.png

• Like 23
  • Haha 15

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

Happy Boxing Day.

We've got leftover turkey,  and part of a pumpkin pie so I guess that's dinner.🙂

No snow, so unusual to have a green Christmas, it seems wrong.

Another quiet day for us.

Prayers for everyone.

Stay safe.

• Like 27

Thank you for the Boxing Day Daily, Rich.  I think Boxing Day and Thank You Note day kind of go hand in hand.  I haven't had a candy cane in many years.  I like the Lindberg quote but have no leftovers.  I was in Colon just once and can't recommend it except as a jumping off point for the Canal.  I think the plans have changed as Nieuw Amsterdam appears headed for San Juan.  I have a contractor coming to the house tomorrow and Tuesday and will be doing my treatments early, so I'm not sure when I'll get online.

Today’s care list:

Strength for Jacqui, healing for Jose and wisdom for his doctors
RIP Archbishop Tutu

Welfare of furloughed crews
Strength for Atexsix and healing for his father
Mamaofami’s friend and Walker in hospice
1ANGELCAT with finger in splint
Mamaofami awaiting  Covid results
From the rotation:
rafinmd undergoing radiation
Recovery for StLouisCruisers Niece DH after throat cancer surgery
kakalina with spreading lung cancer in hospice
SrLouisCruiser awaiting MOSE 2/21

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Kwanza
6 BHB with passengers
Front Line Health Care Workers
Himself recovering from Covid
Bon Voyage Copper10_8 (Koningsdam to 1/2)
Av8rix (1/9) Seasick Sailor (1/16), Lindaler, garlictown, Sharon, and Rich(Rotterdam to 2 Jan)  a
and Ichiban Nekko (Nieuw Amsterdam to 1/8) at sea
msmayor in Virginia
luvteaching DH home from hospital
Ger_77 celebrating birthday in Calgary
HorizonChaser1957 in Chilliwack
smitty34877 in New Hampshire
Koningsdan Staff Captain Sabine - officially onboard & introduced. - Our first female staff captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 30
  • Thanks 10

Happy Boxing Day to all my friends on the Daily.

Leftover turkey it is today.

Hope everyone has recovered from Christmas and has a relaxing Sunday.

Prayers to those who need them and cheers to those who are celebrating.

God Bless,

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri
  • Like 30

Sadly I am back on my phone again. But I knew yesterday would never last. So I leave you with a smile, some wine and lots of prayers and good wishes!

Today’s smiles are theme related…

F6B15527-B1BC-4BBC-AE9C-8AE30728D8E9.jpeg.bca221592612bc07d57b0b990de8ec1f.jpeg

51BDA994-D19D-4CC3-A587-D873FA6BFD44.jpeg.8264704a3226cb372180faf1fde1a3dd.jpeg

Domaine Ste Michelle Brut

Easy to find, great rating and with great prices. This is a great choice to keep on hand and use to toast all our Dailyite celebrations. The lowest online price I found was $7.99.

Winemaker Notes

Not too dry or sweet, Michelle Brut is a palate-pleasing sparkling wine that delivers aromas and flavors of apples and citrus with a light, toasty finish.

Blend: 63% Chardonnay, 19% Pinot Noir, 18% Pinot Gris

W&S90 Wine & Spirits
Broad and expressive in its pear and lemon aromas, this steal of a sparkler has wonderful cut. It’s driven by clean, chalky minerality and a modest phenolic bite that will make it sing with a meal—even a simple roast chicken.
  • Like 29
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I think the plans have changed as Nieuw Amsterdam appears headed for San Juan.

my original itinerary listed San Juan, but when I checked MT this morning it listed Port Everglades. Perhaps an error in reporting to AIS that was corrected.

4 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I was in Colon just once and can't recommend it except as a jumping off point for the Canal.

I had a full day stop in Panama a few years ago and hired a driver to take me to my old stomping grounds on the Atlantic side. I was very disappointed in the way Panama let that side go down hill. Groups interested in Panama have mentioned that the current government of Panama is now starting to spend money improving the conditions around Colon, and I hope that happens. I will know for sure next year ('23)

• Like 27
  • Thanks 4

Good afternoon.

Happy Boxing Day.

It is 34°F and raining.

Thank you for today's daily and fleet reports Rich and Roy for the various lists.

Good collection of days.

True quote.

Nice food and drink today.

Prayers 🙏 for everyone on the care list.

Take care and stay safe everyone 😷.

Graham.

Screenshot_20211226_120550.jpg

• Like 30
  • Thanks 6

Good morning from Rotterdam’s Club Orange. We can only go ashore if you are on a HAL shore excursion. Craig & I failed to book one so we will stay onboard today. Maybe a movie is going to happen. 

08537981-6D34-412A-9B69-1539C4D6720D.thumb.jpeg.9aebff0af35758d6294010d4e95693ae.jpeg

For Christmas our DS and his SO gave their daughter’s a puppy.  Our DGD is the one on the right. The puppy is a Husky and so far the name is Bingo. 

B92FC4AA-BBE9-4649-A77C-FC95AF1307D1.thumb.jpeg.86a1448bee2ad0c501a67b8714520973.jpeg

• Like 39
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning from Rotterdam’s Club Orange. We can only go ashore if you are on a HAL shore excursion. Craig & I failed to book one so we will stay onboard today. Maybe a movie is going to happen. 

08537981-6D34-412A-9B69-1539C4D6720D.thumb.jpeg.9aebff0af35758d6294010d4e95693ae.jpeg

For Christmas our DS and his SO gave their daughter’s a puppy.  Our DGD is the one on the right. The puppy is a Husky and so far the name is Bingo. 

B92FC4AA-BBE9-4649-A77C-FC95AF1307D1.thumb.jpeg.86a1448bee2ad0c501a67b8714520973.jpeg

Lovely photos Sharon.

You and Craig look very smart and happy.

Wishing your cruise to be an awesome experience.

Graham.

• Like 17

Good morning everyone. Not feeling so great today. It’s day 5 after being exposed to covid. I’m taking a rapid in home test and have an afternoon appointment for the PCR test. Hoping I’m negative and haven’t given anything to Sam.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

• Like 15
  • Thanks 15

2 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

Good morning everyone. Not feeling so great today. It’s day 5 after being exposed to covid. I’m taking a rapid in home test and have an afternoon appointment for the PCR test. Hoping I’m negative and haven’t given anything to Sam.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

Prayers 🙏 are being sent to you Carol that you are negative from covid and you start to feel better very soon.

Graham.

• Like 18

Good morning, everyone.   Happy Boxing Day.  I hope everyone's day yesterday was merry and bright.

We had a very nice day.   My brother joined us for dinner and brought the horseradish sauce for the Prime Rib.  We had no left overs.  For those who did, I offer the following suggestions:

If you have both leftoever turkey and ham, try this:   https://www.myfearlesskitchen.com/slow-cooker-ham-turkey-noodle-casserole/

399487757_leftoverturkeyandham2.jpg.35af2239c1368fda75e262d94872b8cf.jpg

Or you can try this one:  https://www.fivehearthome.com/chicken-turkey-cordon-bleu-casserole/

794316413_Leftoverturkeyandham.thumb.jpg.dfad82e70dfd764c907af78f7f245c49.jpg

Just have one or the other?   The above suggestions aren't calling your name?   Browse through here:   https://www.remodelaholic.com/25-ways-to-use-leftover-turkey-or-ham/

1707595500_leftoverturkeyandham3.jpg.171751f37a7303809667e4885d7e50ff.jpg

Enjoy!    I'm heading up to Elk Rapids today.   

• Like 31
  • Thanks 4

Good morning friends!  Happy Boxing Day!  No candy canes for me here but I've probably had enough sugar this weekend.  Thank you notes seem to be written less and less as the younger generation come of age.  I know I, and my kids, wrote thank you notes when given gifts.  Nowadays though everyone seems to think an email or text takes the place of the handwritten note.  If you get a thank you at all!  Leftover ham or turkey will be on the menu for quite a few of us!  The quote is lovely.  I can say that I've not stopped in Colon during any Panama Canal cruise or otherwise.   

@Sharon in AZthe husky puppy is adorable.  Look at the faces of your DGDs!  Priceless!

Prayers for all on the Care list and cheers for the Celebration/Shout Out list.  I hope we can get a turnaround in the long Care list.  @grapau27I hope you aren't experiencing any pain at the site of your stitches.  Special prayers for Jose and @kazuJacqui, as well as Father @Himselfas he continues to recover from Covid.  I imagine he's had a lot of fatigue.  Good luck @rafinmdRoy as you finish up your radiation treatments.  Hoping everything works out okay for @mamaofamiCarol and Sam.  Extra prayers for @Seasick Sailor's friend Walker as his time nears.  Hoping @atexsixBruno's DD is feeling better.  Amen!!🙏

My DSIL and DGS just left for the long drive down to Florida to see his parents this week.  DD will be here finishing up projects in her craft business during her Christmas break. She is having surgery Jan. 12 for tennis elbow and carpal tunnel on the left arm and will be out of school a few weeks afterwards.  It's always something, isn't it?  We are here until tomorrow morning, then we drive home to Georgia and prepare to rest up for a month or so.  I truly mean that!  DS and DDIL along with their 2 sons go home too tomorrow to Michigan, then fly down to Miami for a 4 day holiday.  They're still young enough to handle such quick turnarounds. 😉

Hoping all of you are staying safe and enjoying your Boxing Day. 

• Like 30
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone.   Happy Boxing Day.  I hope everyone's day yesterday was merry and bright.

We had a very nice day.   My brother joined us for dinner and brought the horseradish sauce for the Prime Rib.  We had no left overs.  For those who did, I offer the following suggestions:

If you have both leftoever turkey and ham, try this:   https://www.myfearlesskitchen.com/slow-cooker-ham-turkey-noodle-casserole/

399487757_leftoverturkeyandham2.jpg.35af2239c1368fda75e262d94872b8cf.jpg

Or you can try this one:  https://www.fivehearthome.com/chicken-turkey-cordon-bleu-casserole/

794316413_Leftoverturkeyandham.thumb.jpg.dfad82e70dfd764c907af78f7f245c49.jpg

Just have one or the other?   The above suggestions aren't calling your name?   Browse through here:   https://www.remodelaholic.com/25-ways-to-use-leftover-turkey-or-ham/

1707595500_leftoverturkeyandham3.jpg.171751f37a7303809667e4885d7e50ff.jpg

Enjoy!    I'm heading up to Elk Rapids today.   

Thanks for the recipes, Debbie!  Safe travels today.  Is it warm up in Michigan like it's been down here in Ohio?  We had the screen door open to the morning room while we ate dinner last night.  Crazy Christmas weather this year.

• Like 19

3 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Thanks for the recipes, Debbie!  Safe travels today.  Is it warm up in Michigan like it's been down here in Ohio?  We had the screen door open to the morning room while we ate dinner last night.  Crazy Christmas weather this year.

It was warm, but not that warm!!

• Like 11
  • Haha 7

Good Morning everyone! Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, and thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebrations Report. And thank you everyone for caring and sharing! 

Yesterday was the warmest Christmas on record for the area. Charlottesville (our neighbor over the mountain) got to 72 degrees!  We reached 66 degrees. By this time we should have had a decent snowfall of around 10 inches.

I have not been able to shake this cold which I think has turned into a sinus infection. I have a teleconference with my doctor tomorrow morning so hopefully can get to the bottom of this!

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning all, from the calm and quiet of my daughter's kitchen.  So far, the only one up after a fun-filled day.  Even our granddog is sleeping in!

My daughter made some amazing peppermint cookies that remind me of candy canes, so that will be my dessert of choice in honor of the Day.  Thank you notes are more like thank-you emails nowadays, but I still love those who go old-school (me included) and put pen to paper.  We like to take the approach of 'day off' for boxing day and just do nothing.

As far as leftovers, I haven't cooked a turkey or ham in years for Christmas - we switched over to Prime Rib years ago.  This year, though, since my daughter's doctor advised her to stay away from beef that isn't cooked to medium well, we changed it up...and I made braised short-ribs with fresh mashed potatoes.  It was fun cooking in her kitchen as she has a HUGE island and there was lots of space to prep.  Some leftovers, but we'll get them frozen as its just enough for a meal for her and her husband after we leave.

@Heartgrove you are spot on regarding the heat...I was shocked to see the thermometer reach 72 here in Charlottesville and was happy I brought one lighter weight outfit.  The windows were open and ceiling fan on most of the day, but by 4 the heat in the house was just too much with the oven on, so the air conditioner was started up.  It should be another beautiful day today with temps nearly 70 again - good day for lots of long walks with the granddog.

@mamaofami, hoping that you feel better soon and that your test is negative.  Nowadays, better just a garden-variety cold that the other C-word.

Sending prayers to all on the care list, and hopes that all have a wonderful day today.

• Like 27

Good morning everyone, happy Boxing Day and thanks for the daily report and lists.  A peppermint stick sounds like a good idea while writing thank you notes.  No turkey leftovers here so I’ll have to pass on the meal suggestion today.  I haven’t been to today’s port and can’t wait to see the photos.  @mamaofami I hope that your test comes up negative today.  Prayers for everyone on our list today and cheers to everyone celebrating happy events!

• Like 25