The Daily for Tuesday 02/15/2022

richwmn

Good afternoon.  The wind is up and the dust is flying.  Since this is a south wind instead of a north wind, we are getting the dust that blew south from here two weeks ago.  Visibility is bad.

We took advantage of a yucky day and started working on our taxes.  😬  Got most of the information entered, but still waiting on one 1099.  Hopefully, it will come this week.

@cruzn single  Glad you had a good cruise.  Very sorry you tested positive, and hope it's a mild case.

@GeorgeCharlie  Things have sure changed in Jeju since 2002 with the new terminal and the long lines.  Those lines remind me of the ones in Japan and China in 2018.  IIRC, the taxi driver the hotel doorman found for us did speak a little English.

@CrabbyPatti  Glad you had such a great getaway, and cheers to DH who  came home with more money.

@grapau27  Graham, meningitis is scary, but bacterial meningitis is treatable.  My grandmother survived it in 1952, and antibiotics have improved greatly.  Sending positive thoughts that whatever the bacteria is, your friend's grandson gets well soon.

@Cruzin Terri  Safe travels tomorrow and Friday, and good luck on  your doctor visits Thursday.  Hope the ortho doc has a easy fix for your hand.  Turbo Tax did have a few new questions this year.

@Horizon chaser 1957  Hope there is no axe in Zaadam's future.

@rafinmd  Wishing you a great cruise beginning Thursday, and hope your visit to Roger's grave gives you comfort.

@smitty34877  I feel so sorry for Tana's son and wish it was an easier time for him.  He is lucky to have all of you on his side.

@irishjim  Great news on the PET scan.  Those are the results you want to hear.

@cat shepard  Beautiful sunset.

Lenda

• Like 19
  • Thanks 4

HUGE Celebration shout-outs for @irishjim and @cunnorl. I know you are (at least mentally) dancing with happiness!

@smitty34877, we are all holding tightly to Tana and her son.  I hope they know they have an army of cruisers hoping the best for them.

@grapau27, so hoping the meningitis scare is only a scare.

@cruising single, I can’t believe you came home with Covid.  ARGH!  I hope it is a mild case.

@marshhawk, sending you strength and peace as you prepare for surgery.  The above-mentioned army is here for you too!

@Cruzin Terri, sounds like a fun day with docs (NOT).  Good luck with both, and I hope you return with some positive news for your hands.

Jacqui, Jose, Marley - always hugs for you.

@Overhead Fred, what a wonderful dinner!

@rafinmd, wishing you a wonderful cruise, and some peaceful closure in Port Canaveral. 

My apologies to anyone I missed who should have an “@“!

Best to all

• Like 17
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, irishjim said:

Just  got  home  from  my  trip to  the  cancer  clinic  with  my  Surgeon.

The  result  of  my  pet scan  was  neg  and  I  do  not  require  any  more  treatment.

She  wants  to  see  me  again  on  30th  may  2022.  I  am  so happy  with  news. 

Thank you  for support.

Jim,

What wonderful news...so happy for you!!

• Like 12

Thanks for all the daily reports, recipes, humour and photos,  another port we have not visited, so appreciate seeing the photos.

@irishjim such good news of your pet scan result.

@Cruzin Terrihope you get the help you need at your appointments tomorrow.

@cruzn singlesorry that you have those symptoms, hope you will get a negative result.

@cunnorl such good news of your DS.

@smitty34877 thanks for the update of Tana, sorry that the news is not better.

@puppycanducruise lovely Orchid, wish that mine would flower again. Do you have any helpful hints.??

@kazu your sisters are very thoughtful to send the beautiful flowers to you.

@mamaofami beautiful flowers.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

Edited by erewhon
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, irishjim said:

The  result  of  my  pet scan  was  neg  and  I  do  not  require  any  more  treatment.

She  wants  to  see  me  again  on  30th  may  2022.  I  am  so happy  with  news. 

Thank you  for support.

Jim,

How wonderful for you, Jim.  You must be so relieved.

• Like 13

2 hours ago, irishjim said:

Thank you  for support.

Jim,

That is WONDERFUL news, Jim 🙂. I am so very happy to hear it 😄 👍 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

We visited Geju Island a few years ago on one of our around Asia cruises.  The thing I remember most about it was how perfectly clean and sanitary the public markets were.  We have travelled all over the world and visited many food markets, but these stood out in their cleanliness.

Got a call from our real estate agent this morning that we have an offer on our log house at full price, all cash.  Spent some time today filling out forms to finalize the deal.  Hope it all works out.

Celebrated with a barbecued steak and some malbec.

Ray

• Like 24

20 minutes ago, USN59-79 said:

We visited Geju Island a few years ago on one of our around Asia cruises.  The thing I remember most about it was how perfectly clean and sanitary the public markets were.  We have travelled all over the world and visited many food markets, but these stood out in their cleanliness.

Got a call from our real estate agent this morning that we have an offer on our log house at full price, all cash.  Spent some time today filling out forms to finalize the deal.  Hope it all works out.

Ray

That's great news.  🤞 Fingers crossed that the sale goes through quickly.

Lenda

• Like 8

@Cruzin TerriIf your computer showed that yesterday's  Daily was dangerous, it must have been the post i put out of a cat trapped in a bra.  Your computer was just saving you.  😸

@cunnorlgreat news about your sister!

@irishjimGreat news from your doc today!  So glad to hear this.

@Cruising-along We need a love button and an Awww!  button!

@smitty34877You, your family, Tana and her son are in my prayers.

@cat shepard I love your sunset picture.  I got to take the trash down to the street for early pick up an take the neighbors dog out for a tinkle, and I looked up into the sky, the moon was almost full, and the sky was full of beautiful stars.  Some times I feel that God hits us with a "whammy" when He wants us to pay attention to the simple things around us.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Live4cruises said:

HUGE Celebration shout-outs for @irishjim and @cunnorl. I know you are (at least mentally) dancing with happiness!

@smitty34877, we are all holding tightly to Tana and her son.  I hope they know they have an army of cruisers hoping the best for them.

@grapau27, so hoping the meningitis scare is only a scare.

@cruising single, I can’t believe you came home with Covid.  ARGH!  I hope it is a mild case.

@marshhawk, sending you strength and peace as you prepare for surgery.  The above-mentioned army is here for you too!

@Cruzin Terri, sounds like a fun day with docs (NOT).  Good luck with both, and I hope you return with some positive news for your hands.

Jacqui, Jose, Marley - always hugs for you.

@Overhead Fred, what a wonderful dinner!

@rafinmd, wishing you a wonderful cruise, and some peaceful closure in Port Canaveral. 

My apologies to anyone I missed who should have an “@“!

Best to all

And ditto all this from me!  We had a busy day, I'm only just reading quickly, so sad about Tana.  She has gone through such a lot, it's just not fair!  

And I see many other blue bubbles I am joining in spirit!  Hope for good news tomorrow.

• Like 16

@irishjimGreat news!

@cat shepardLovely picture.  Thanks.

@erewhon I don't know how I get my orchid to re-flower.  I water it each week with 1/4 cup of water.  It's in a bright spot, but not direct sun.  It's in the same pot as when I bought it several years ago, there are lots of air roots but it seems to be happy so I don't want to re-pot it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, USN59-79 said:

Ray

Fabulous news!  Hoping the closing goes smoothly 🤞 

• Like 6

17 hours ago, USN59-79 said:

Ray

Very good news on the contract on your house.  I hope everything goes smoothly.  And thanks for sharing the public market cleanliness you found there.  I'd love to see it sometime.

• Like 2