Luggage to the room

3 minutes ago, LadyYadaYada said:

Like most, our boarding got pushed back an hour and a half. We have dinner reservations and are wondering typically how long it takes for the luggage to get to the room?

Thanks. We are out of practice. 

All depends.  They lost my luggage last week on the explorer.  Then they brought me the luggage of the person that had the room before the Royal up bids.  So I didn’t get mine till about 6pm.     

but normally around 1-2 I think.  

27 minutes ago, LadyYadaYada said:

Like most, our boarding got pushed back an hour and a half. We have dinner reservations and are wondering typically how long it takes for the luggage to get to the room?

Thanks. We are out of practice. 

We have gotten luggage early in the afternoon to as late as 11 PM

29 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

We always put the clothes we expect to wear to dinner in our carry-on.

4 hours ago, HicksRA said:

Wherever you’re eating on night 1, you’re not expected to be dressed up as they know many have not received their luggage yet. 

I agree.  These are your best options. Either pack what you need in your carryon or the first night’s dinner may be come as you are, as your luggage may not arrive in time.  Your pick.

• Like 1

As previously stated, dine as you are dressed upon boarding. Since I use the D+ perk of 2 for 1 specialty dining as a solo, one booking is first night. I've been to Chops in jeans, pants, shorts depending on temperatures on arrival day. Never a problem.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, wolfcathorse said:

Why wait, I check the pile awaiting delivery in the elevator lobby and if I see mine I take it

I have done that.

And also have had the cabin steward put the bags in the room to get them out of the hallway.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I do that, too.  And have been yelled at by crew.  😉 

If it's IN the passenger hallway near the elevator I take it.  If it's inside the crew room where the freight/crew elevator is, I always ask first if I see it in there.  

• Like 4

11 hours ago, island lady said:

If it's IN the passenger hallway near the elevator I take it.  If it's inside the crew room where the freight/crew elevator is, I always ask first if I see it in there.  

Found our luggage staff had placed at a cabin door on the opposite end of the ship.

• Like 1

In Nov on HOTS, we had to go look for ours.  All the luggage within 20 feet of our cabin were 20+ cabins away from where they belonged.  DH walked 100 feet down the hall and found ours.  I don't think any luggage on deck 10 was where it was supposed to be.  And, no, they weren't stacked on carts or in the elevator area, they were actually placed in front of cabins, the wrong ones though by a long shot.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Same thing on Anthem in January.  Our luggage was down the hall a bit and someone’s luggage was in front of the cabin next to us which was unoccupied all cruise!

I think our room steward was bored on our sailing as we had several empty cabins in our area so he put our luggage in the room on the sofa and end of bed too🤩    we were pleasantly surprised.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BND said:

In Nov on HOTS, we had to go look for ours.  All the luggage within 20 feet of our cabin were 20+ cabins away from where they belonged.  DH walked 100 feet down the hall and found ours.  I don't think any luggage on deck 10 was where it was supposed to be.  And, no, they weren't stacked on carts or in the elevator area, they were actually placed in front of cabins, the wrong ones though by a long shot.

I’m putting a Air tracker in mine, I can not walk up and down all the halls looking for mine.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Found our luggage staff had placed at a cabin door on the opposite end of the ship.

Has happened several times for us as well.  Hence the "hallway crawl" once we realize we are missing one.  Once found it on a deck below us as well!  And I use the printed/color tags in holders (two per bag).  

• Like 1

Typically they bring baggage up to a floor and move all the bags from one or two bins out into the hallway before rolling it down to your door.  Haven't had any go to the wrong floor but often have it way down the hall from our cabin.

On 2/17/2022 at 4:52 PM, HicksRA said:

Wherever you’re eating on night 1, you’re not expected to be dressed up as they know many have not received their luggage yet. 

Some folks have a long day, traveling etc, so it’s  nice to freshen up, change.   Others like to change ..day wear  vs evening. 😀