Canada Dropping COVID testing requirement April 1st

kdkstormy

It seems like the world is slowly switching from pandemic to endemic mode.  Living with the virus. It will be a public health management strategy using vaccines and anti-viral drugs for many years to come.  It is about time IMHO.  

• Like 6

3 hours ago, TeaBag said:

Can't wait till this happens.  We miss our trips to Bellingham WA.

Will welcome you back to Bellingham!  This will make things easier for our RT AK cruise from Vancouver in June, glad to read this today

4 minutes ago, RickT said:

Has anyone noticed the proposed date of the change? April 1st…… I’ll let you think about that for a moment 😁

Seeing how most governments are clueless, I’m not surprised. 

• Haha 1

All reports I have seen (TV or new papers) have said that it is expected the Canada entry test requirement will be no longer required after April 1. However, it is just speculation at this point.

I have also been on the official Arrive Canada website this morning and there is nothing about the deletion of the test requirement on April 1.

Until it is official and on the Canadian government website, I am still planning on testing for testing before entry into Canada (6/24 cruise).

I was just checking the Official Canadian Government Travel Site  https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/exemptions

They indicate that even if testing has been eliminated travelers will have to file an Arrival Canada Registration using a fee App prior to arrival   I would think all travelers flying into Vancouver will require this but wondering if Celebrity will prepare for all those arriving by sea.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19/arrivecan.html?utm_source=blog&utm_medium=travel-mktg-toolkit&utm_content=en&utm_campaign=hc-sc-covid-21-22

2 hours ago, Homosassa said:

All reports I have seen (TV or new papers) have said that it is expected the Canada entry test requirement will be no longer required after April 1. However, it is just speculation at this point.

I have also been on the official Arrive Canada website this morning and there is nothing about the deletion of the test requirement on April 1.

Until it is official and on the Canadian government website, I am still planning on testing for testing before entry into Canada (6/24 cruise).

And….Even if testing is not required to enter Canada. According to the most recent protocols, testing is still required to board a ship sailing from Canada. Perhaps it will just be a little simpler for all of us.

30 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I was just checking the Official Canadian Government Travel Site  https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/exemptions

They indicate that even if testing has been eliminated travelers will have to file an Arrival Canada Registration using a fee App prior to arrival   I would think all travelers flying into Vancouver will require this but wondering if Celebrity will prepare for all those arriving by sea.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19/arrivecan.html?utm_source=blog&utm_medium=travel-mktg-toolkit&utm_content=en&utm_campaign=hc-sc-covid-21-22

Jim, I think you meant “free” app. There is no cost for the Arrivecan app.

1 minute ago, lovecruzin said:

Jim, I think you meant “free” app. There is no cost for the Arrivecan app.

LOL... I love my sticky "R" key.      Thanks for the correction.   It is indeed FREE. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Homosassa said:

It's been officially announced.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/news/2022/03/government-of-canada-will-remove-pre-entry-test-requirement-for-fully-vaccinated-travellers-on-april-1.html

• Like 2